“Best mezze platter I've ever had!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Tantalus Restaurant

The Tantalus Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tantalus Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 163 Restaurants in Issaquah
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Issaquah's Gilman Village Shopping Center
Bellevue, WA
“Best mezze platter I've ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

Their Pikilia platter is the best mezze platter I've ever had. As a vegetarian, I ask them to substitute tzatziki sauce for the fish eggs. The platter also comes with a giant square of delicious feta, phenomenal cold potato salad, hummus, baba ghanoush, olives, fresh sliced tomatoes and cukes for garnish, and wonderfully thick, warm pita bread. I can't speak for the rest of the food on the menu, as I only ever get the Pikilia platter when I go. It's an especially great pick-me-up following a hike up nearby Mt. Si or Tiger Mountain. I often just order the dish to go, as it travels well.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Capybara22

“Quiet Greek”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Off the beaten path local ethnic place, it's well worth cursing your Tom - Tom to find. Located in the Gilman Village inner courtyard it offers the chance to sample Greek cusine at inexpensive prices. Although most of the food is pre-prepared it is tasty and certainly authentic Greek. It's too bad more people don't support this establishmnt regularly as then more fresh dishes could be prepared to order. If you are looking for that intimate, charming little place for dinner, I'd give this place two thumbs up. Excellent wines available and do take their rcomendationsbecause we always get a really inexpensive cabernet blend that is priced too low to believe for a bottle.Make sure to oreder the lentil soup - outstanding!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank marvelous333
Bellevue, Washington
“Good food at affordable prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

This little place has resided in Gilman Village for many years. The last visit wasn't our best - it was a hot summer evening and we were only one of four families at dinner hour. Their wasn't any air-conditioning on that warm evening so it was a bit uncomfortable. The service was absent most of the evening. The food was prepared well, and is not too pricey. I'm not sure we will return any time soon, sadly.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Janette R
Seattle, WA
“Enjoyable Greek Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

We visit Tantalus several times a year and enjoy their simple but very pleasing menu. While the restaurant and its dining room are becoming a little dated, we've never had anything but excellent service and have always enjoyed our meals. We always enjoy their Humous and Melitzano with Pita bread. My wife and daughter love their Avgolemono soup and we'll frequently travel to Tantalus just to enjoy it. Everything we've tried has been quite good.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank davidgeller
Newcastle
“My Favorite Greek Dinning Place....owner is really nice guy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

We found this place about 5 years ago and have been coming ever since!
We love the Flaming Cheese and pita! The owner even told us how to make it at home!
I get many things to eat there! I love the Gyros, the Mousaka and potatoes and veggies, the prawn dish was excellent the first time I had it but just so-so the second time. The sampler plate was the very first thing I ever ordered here and it was very good.
Hubby has the excellent Lamb shank almost every time he comes here! It is really superb! He also gets the Calamari which he thinks is even better than Orexi in Bellevue.
We both love the lentil soup which comes with the meal.
I have come for lunch and gotten the gyro and my four year old grandson got the Greek spaggetti! He just gobbled it up!
We usually get the refillable ice tea and it always just perfect. Some time I would like to try the Greek coffee!
I have recommended this place to many of my friends and now they constantly tell us how great it is!
I would love to try the Baklava it looks so good but I am usually filled! Maybe next time.
Also someone ordered a menu item that looks like a huge burritto ...it looked fantastic but I do not know the name of it....I will definately try it some time!

• Visited October 2011