“Amazing experience!”

Wethersfield, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

In March 2014, I was in the Seattle area visiting some Seattle-based friends and training for the World Boomerang Championship. I've had an interest in pursuing paragliding for some time but am limited by time and money for the time being (oh, the struggles of a college student). I decided to take a day and do a tandem paragliding flight with Seattle Paragliding. I've read many good things about them and the pictures of Tiger Mountain were beautiful. My friend and I arrived on site, paid the fee for the tandem ride, and was given a brief introduction to the harness and what to expect in the flight.

We were given a choice to hike up to the launch on a trail right from the landing zone or to take a shuttle. We chose to hike up and we're glad we did. It was a nice hike!

Once we got to the launch, we met the two instructors that we would be flying with. Great, friendly people! We got suited up in our harness and were ready for flight. Shortly later, we were airborne and our flight was underway.

The conditions were great and both my friend and I had an hour long flight. The instructor I was with let me take over the controls for a while, giving me a chance to experience flying a paraglider. It turns out I had the controls for just under half of the flight. So cool!

To kill off some excess altitude when we were ready to land, we did some aerobatic flight and came in for a soft landing on our feet.

Overall, it was an AWESOME experience and I really cannot wait to get in the air again. I most definitely want to pursue paragliding lessons and become a pilot myself! Highly recommended.

Thanks Seattle Paragliding!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank adamstankiewicz

Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Support to Learn and Continue Flying”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I began flying about two years ago with Seattle Paragliding. Even before my first tandem I knew I wanted to learn to fly, but was was concerned it would be too difficult. However, those at Seattle Paragliding gave me the confidence I needed and I now have over 40 hours of flying time. Another benefit is that the Seattle Paragliding Team cares about every pilot's success. I will say I have continued to fly despite a busy schedule thanks to the encouragement of our team. If you are at all interested in finding out what it is like to glide through the air and rise above the mountain peaks to see miles in every direction, come take a tandem ride and try it for yourself.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank J G
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Realize the Dream of Flight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I decided to join the Seattle Paragliding Team because of life long ambitions to fly. After obtaining my private pilot rating in the 90's, I found myself unable to keep current due mainly to cost of fuel, and rental craft. For a long while I thought being able to fly was simply out of reach for the average person. However, these days being a privite pilot is still possible for the average person, and that creative process has been very rewarding for myself, and I hope eventually the entire team will benefit. Marc, and the Team at Seattle Paragliding, provide the safest, and least expensive means to this end. If you want to fly, and be a part of the flying community, this is THE place. Gliding is wonderful, and Seattle Paragliding is where to go to realize this dream.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank John W
East Wenatchee, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the only place to consider”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

After wanting to fly for many years, I did my research and decided to try it with Seattle Paragliding, it really is the only place to consider. No other school has an on site classroom, multiple instructors at any given time, a practice hill and the ever important restroom! After seeing the "family" feel of the Seattle Paragliding staff and students, I decided to go all in and learn to Paragliding as a solo pilot. What a great decision that was. If you've never gone, I highly recommend you try it, and if you're in the Seattle area, definitely go with these guys. Or if you're just looking for a thrill or a great view from above, its an experience you will never forget.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank EeyonW
Sammamish, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best instruction in the NW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I took my first paragliding ride with Seattle Paragliding and then joined Marc & Lan's team. The instruction I have received is top notch and as allowed me to visit other sites in the NW with confidence! Try out their classroom every Sat at 10:30 am and then ask for a tour of Marc's barn where he will have gear for you to try out before your first flight. Be sure to climb up his crow's nest -- a 50' platform in a tree with a spiral staicase. This is a summer camp for grown-ups! No better fun in Issaquah!!

Visited January 2014