“Great local steakhouse.”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours
Issaquah, Washington
“Great local steakhouse.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It's classic Issaquah-you can show up in a suit or shorts and flip flops...anything in between. A good steak, a nice wine selection. Not on par with top tier steak restaurants but a bit less expensive as well. Also, here you get your salad and starch included, vs the a la carte fare that is typical at those types (Daniels, Ruth's, Met, John Howie, El Gaucho, etc)

Lunches are good too-try the steak sandwich or French dip. No reservations but a nice small bar to wait in if not too crowded.

• Visited March 2014

Kelowna, Canada
“Good Food, Friendly Service”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Our food was very good and our server was friendly. Prices were reasonable for the quality of food. The outside isn't much to look at but the inside has a nice atmosphere. I would definitely go here again if in the area.

• Visited May 2014
Kirkland, Washington, United States
“Worst Service Ever”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've dined at JaK's uncountable times and recently decided to try their happy hour - unfortunately after an incredibly rude encounter with their Manager Kirk I will never go back.

My Dad (who introduced me to JaK's over 15 years ago) and I enjoyed our first drink with the filet tidbits and onion rings - and with our second drink I got a side salad. When we were on our third we asked for the check and a box for the salad as I filled up on the other apps. The Waitress told me that I could not take my salad as it's "dine-in only" at happy hour. When I asked her for an exception - it was my first time at their happy hour and I didn't know their policy - she said she would ask the Manager. The Manager told her no so I asked to speak with to him. Kirk came over and I explained that I now saw on the fine print of the menu that you cannot take items "to-go" but that was not my original intention and I simply wanted to take my leftovers. I told Kirk that it was not like we came and ordered one drink and a bunch of food to-go - we had paid for 3 drinks and 3 appetizers.

Kirk: "Wow I'm concerned you've had 3 drinks? We've only been open an hour".
My Dad: "Actually it's been 1 hr 15 minutes and we've consumed 2 drinks - we haven't even touched our third."
Kirk: "Wow - that's a lot to consume - I'm concerned... Maybe you should eat your salad... I'm concerned about you driving."

Key points:
- If Kirk is concerned about the amount we've consumed at JaK's happy hour he should consult his Waitress and Bartender. We were not hailing her down for drinks and she was the one that asked us each time if we were ready for another.
- If Kirk is concerned about our alcohol consumption he may want to recommend we soak it up with bread not a green leafy salad.
- If Kirk is concerned about us driving under the influence he should call us a cab. He didn't - he allowed us to finish our third drink and leave.

I was and continue to be completely appalled by the way we were treated by Kirk. JaK's considers themselves a first-class restaurant and this is truly the rudest service I've ever had. I called the next day to share my experience with management. When the Host answered I asked who the Shift Manager was last night and he told me it was Kirk. When I asked to speak to the Restaurant Manager he told me that Kirk was actually working today and I could talk to him - I said I didn't want to speak to Kirk as he was the one that provided a poor experience. The Host then put me on hold and when he came back he told me that Kirk actually is the Restaurant Manager (which I have since learned he's not). Kirk then started talking in the background saying he knew who I was and he would talk to me and that the owners were there last night and knew about the salad. I explained to the Host that while I was initially frustrated by the salad situation the purpose of my call was in regards to the awful experience Kirk provided. I have called the restaurant three times and left two messages for the GM and have never heard back.

The bottom line is Kirk was incredibly rude and offensive and the upper management has endorsed his behavior by not responding to me. Needless to say they have lost a loyal customer in me and many of my friends, family and colleagues. If you're looking for a great steakhouse with an amazing happy hour you should check out Daniel's, Ruth's Chris, John Howie or The Met.

• Visited April 2014
6 Thank Anne C
Maple Valley, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great chow”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

A stable predictable experience, the coffee rubbed ribeye is awesome! The Mudslide cocktail is great served over the rocks. You will be happy you went.

Visited April 2014
Seattle
“Good Local Place”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

If you want a reasonably priced piece of meat, salad and good bread for about $100 for two, this is your place. It's not super fancy and sometimes you have to wait, but the food is good and the waitstaff is consistently attentive. The choices made in the decor make the entire space feel clean and organized.
You could come in formal attire or your jeans and feel comfortable. Rotating specials and menu options always delight the palate. I'm sad they got rid of the "old" stuffed porkchop though. That thing was AMAZING!
They make a pretty good breakfast also. You can never go wrong with the Jak's benedict or the 509.

• Visited October 2013