“Great Place”

Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Kelso
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay in the Longview/Kelso area. The staff is very friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable, and the breakfast is a big plus. Have been staying there on every trip to Kelso for the past five years. Recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The one word that comes to my mind in describing our stay here is STUNNED! From the moment that we stepped up to the desk to check in, to the moment that we stepped up to the desk to check out, our experience was nothing less than stellar. Check in could not have been easier. Jasmine was extremely friendly and bubbly, and had a very cute sense of humor and laugh. We were checked in very quickly and efficiently. Our room, in the "old" wing I believe, was very clean and nicely appointed. And, on the desk in the room, was a Twix candy bar and a note from the head of housekeeping, hoping that we enjoy our stay. What a great touch! We met a couple of maintenance people, one recently moved from Hawaii. They were extremely friendly and engaging. We started to wonder if it's possible that everyone at this establishment could be so cordial and customer service oriented. We decided to test our theory and try the on-site lounge for dinner and cocktails. We were met by a smiling and very friendly waitress by the name of Heather. We engaged in a very cordial conversation, then she was off to craft our drink order. She was back very soon with our drinks, which were outstanding by the way, and then took our food order. She had such an endearing personality and was very efficient. The salad came out quickly, and the entrees soon followed. This is where I have to use the word STUNNED again. The food was top notch, and professionally prepared. The parmesan crusted halibut in lemon cream sauce, and the smoked chicken pasta was absolutely delicious. We told the waitress to give the chef a hug for us! Upon leaving, the executive chef came over and shook our hands. His warm personality and sense of humor put an exclamation point on a wonderful dinning experience.

We retired for the evening to a cozy room, which was very quiet. It was on the backside of the hotel. When we woke up the next morning, after a great sleep, we found that the final receipt had been slipped under our door in the middle of the night. When we went to check out at the front desk, the lady asked if we had received the receipt under our door. I stated that we had. She smiled and said that's it, you're all checked out. She then sincerely thanked us for staying with them. We spent all of 15 seconds checking out!

Are you kidding me??? Did we really just experience this type of phenominal service the last couple of days, or are we just dreaming? If we're dreaming, I want to come back to this place soon and dream some more!

The price for our room was very reasonable, and I must admit, my expectations were not particularly high. This hotel far exceeded our expectations in every facet of our visit. In fact, it was probably one of, if not the most, pleasing of all hotel stays that we have ever had. It is extremely obvious that this hotel, from the management, through all of the employees, really takes customer service seriously. We were simply lucky enough to have experienced this "dream" first hand!

Room Tip: Even though the noise from the highway did not seem loud on the ground floor front side of the hotel...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I like Red Lions but the noise from highway 5 is to much. Hotel is clean, check in was good, rooms are nice, beds and bedding good but the noise will keep away the next time I pass this way. They are pet friendly and that is a big plus and a park is near by to walk your dog so if you can get a room not facing the highway it should be OK. Great access off and back on to Highway 5.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

the staff is friendly and helpful. We had 2 small children with us and they were treated just as important as we were. I like that. great place, good location. Thank you so much for a very successful trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have stayed at three different hotels in Kelso,WA and the Red Lion Hotel is my favorite. The rooms are clean and large, there is a pool and jacuzzi tub outside, they have a bar and restaurant, and the price is fair. I will stay here again and recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Great_Lakes_Gary
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Front desk staff was friendly & efficient; did not interact with other staff. Room clean & spacious. Location is mostly ok but better restaurants in Longview. Weather was only problem--rain every day.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ken B
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I have previously stayed at this property, but this trip I was put into the southern wing (wich is much older) because of a water problem in the Northern wing.. To the hotel's credit, they adjusted my rate without my asking.. I had reserved an upgraded double queen which I did not get.

The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean but dated complete with tube TV sets.

There are refrigerators and microwaves in each room as well as coffee makers.. Standard fare for a budget business travel hotel.

Key card access from the parking lot is hit or miss.. Sometimes your key works, sometimes it doesn't.. Just keep walking to the next door and see if that one works... Pretty lame.. Spend a nickle and fix it.

There is NO business center.. Good luck printing your boarding pass before you leave the hotel.

There is just too much dicey here for me to stay again.. I'd rather try my luck at a different hotel.. Because even though I know this place, I feel like it is trying my luck.. Will I be able to get into the building with my key card?

Room Tip: Insist on being in the north wing or leave.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Secoon
Mary T, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review to Trip Advisor! We appreciate all feedback, good or bad.

I have forwarded your challenges with the key cards on to our maintenance department, and they are looking into it. We have also repaired the hot water issue in our north wing, and we are very sorry you did not get the room requested because of that issue!

We hope to upgrade our technology package this year, and have a business computer available for guest use in our Lobby area. We do appreciate having you as our guest, and hope that you will give us another chance. If I can help with any reservation needs, please don't hesitate to contact the hotel directly.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelso
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Kelso/Longview
Best Western Woodland Inn
Clatskanie River Inn
Clatskanie River Inn
#1 of 1 in Clatskanie

Been to Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview? Share your experiences!