“Perfect”
Review of Econo Lodge Kelso

Econo Lodge Kelso
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Kelso
Reviewed 13 May 2013

It was near a park which was convenient for a nice mid-lunch. This hotel was friendly, clean, they had free wi-fi, breakfast, parking and was quite convenient to Mount St. Helens, .... again... perfect.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MelloInMN

Reviewed 19 March 2013

For the price, this was a very good experience.
The check-in clerk was cheerful and very efficient, even offered to help us carry our luggage in from the car. Hotel was tidy inside and out and well maintained. Our room appeared to be recently renovated; was clean, comfortable, had everything we needed for one night stay. I slept very well, good bed.
The continental breakfast truly was a continental breakfast; toast/muffin/pastry/waffle, and coffee/ tea/juice...but we knew that ahead of time.
If in the area I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Captain J
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Want to start out by saying this hotel is a great hotel for a quick stay. It's cheap, quiet, has breakfast and accepts pets (with a $10 per night fee). The staff is very nice and with the issue I had with Expedia, they helped me out and were very patient and nice. Here is my experience with Expedia, and am posting it here so no one uses them and has to go through what I am. This does not reflect on the hotel, only Expedia. Call the hotel themselves to book your stay!Booked a four night stay at the EconoLodge, Kelso, Wa over the phone because I had a pet and was following the instructions on Expedia's website to assure the hotel could accomidate my dog. The Expedia rep. assured me that my dog would be ok and went through with the reservation (reservation was made less than 24 hrs in advance of check-in). After driving 500 miles we arrived and were told that there would be an extra $40 for a pet fee! Expedia did not inform me that there would be any fee assoiated with my stay. The manager of the hotel was very nice and waived the fee for the night since we decided to stay and check out in the morning. I called Expedia and they told me that they didn't know there was a fee (how do you not know there is a pet fee?) Anyway, I was told that I would be issued a refund after I called Expedia after I checked out. I did what I was told and then the run around began....Expedia said that the hotel would charge me 100% of the stay because I am cancelling after the 24 hr cancellation policy. I told the agent that I had already spoken with another rep the evening before and that Expedia would refund my money because they screwed up with the pet fee. To make a long story short....it has been three days now of phone calls to Expedia because they say the cannot get ahold of the hotel manager to have him authorize the refund (even though I have spoken with the hotel manager and they do not have this so called cancellation policy). I am turning Expedia over to my banks fraud unit because they keep liying to me and are screwing me out of my money! NEVER USE EXPEDIA! THEY ARE CROOKS! I will see my money again only because my bank will reverse the charges, but if left up to Expedia....I would not ever see it again. These guys should be shut down! Con-Artists! Theives! Liars! Shysters! What they are doing is illegal! If this is happening to you call your bank! All banks have fraud units that will investigate these issues. I will post this on every website I can find.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Crouching_Whombat
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Ok for a quick stopover.
Breakfast was poor, weak coffee, watered down orange juice and limited everything. As well you need to go back to your room to eat, as there's no place to sit.
Rooms very dated, bathroom sink was slow, beds older but clean.
OK for a one star.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank downey
Reviewed 8 September 2012

A nice Econo Lodge hotel: clean rooms, very friendly staff, decent beds. Exterior is boring, hotel is slightly dated, but you can see that the staff works very hard on keeping it clean.
Breakfast is basic (make your own waffles!), there is just a counter, no tables to sit down, which is a pity.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank M024
Reviewed 30 August 2012

The price was super cheap and the staff was very friendly! They went above and beyond to accommodate us when we wanted a lower floor room and a late check out. The hotel is pretty dated but it was perfect for a one night stay

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ponywal
Reviewed 26 August 2012

What do you expect? You know you are getting minimal facilities at the best price you can. And this place delivered. Clean bedding, average bath, pretty simple continental breakfast. It's in a quiet are of town, but not anywhere you feel like going out for a stroll after dark. So, no complaints. If you are expecting a Marriott experience at an Econolodge price, may I suggest trying the Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank steve b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelso
Super 8 Kelso Longview Area
#1 of 8 in Longview
Town House Motel
Town House Motel
#4 of 8 in Longview

Been to Econo Lodge Kelso? Share your experiences!