“Mount St. Helens Weekend”

Motel 6 Kelso - Mt St Helens
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Kelso
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was my first time in a Motel 6. We arrived to this motel quite late and the clerk said she only had one room left, so we gladly took it. The main desk was locked up for the clerk's safety I assume so I had to communicate through a glass window. The ice machine was only five feet away and quite noisy so I had a difficult time hearing the clerk.
We were on the 2nd floor facing I-5. We had the fan running all night so we didn't hear any of the freeway noise or other guests. The room was very small compared to most motels I have stayed in but the room was clean. I slept fine but my girlfriend said the bed was hard. The bed was pushed up against the wall on one side so one of us had to either climb over the other or slide out the bottom of the bed. The bathroom had a shower only, no tub (not a problem for us).
All-in-all I would stay there again as it had everything we needed (bed & shower) at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

Better than average for a Motel 6. The bedding on the very comfortable bed was updated, as was the A/C. The front desk actually called to check that all was OK with my room. Best surprise was the Starbucks just steps away.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I must first admit that I rarely review budget motels, such as Motel 6. Stays at these types of properties along the Interstate Highways of America are there for one purpose: basic rest and a hot shower in the morning. This property delivered this at a nice price point: about $54 for 2 people (including taxes).

I was driving home to Vancouver from Reno, NV and randomly picked this Motel 6 as a rest point. The young lady at the front desk was very friendly and courteous when we arrived. I was concerned about cleanliness, and she assured me her mother was the 2nd floor chamber maid and that all was very spotless. She provided us a room key to preview the room. For the low cost of about $54 inclusive of tax for 2 people, I was sold: the room, while small was in good order. There was a modest extra charge for internet, but the connection had lots of bandwidth, so this was a nice surprise.

Other than some vomit on the stairs, all was well (I cannot fault the management for this).

I would stay here for a night again at these prices. It's much better than falling asleep at the wheel. And remember folks, this is Motel 6, not the Four Seasons...'nuff said?

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room to avoid hearing footsteps above your head, and these rooms seemed very nic...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linescrew
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Even though motel 6 is a budget chain they need to inspect some of thier chain. even budget rates would pay for new mattresses once in a while. how can cleaners not wipe things that look dirty or vacuum around the edges or behind a nightstand? I'll stay down the road.

Room Tip: Don't Know if there is a good room, not the three we saw
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank paulszedshed
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This was my last night of a 12-night driving trip from Tucson to Seattle, and I was ready to get off the road. I'd had some not-too-great motel experiences on this trip, but my Motel 6 in Gold Beach, OR was such a great stay that I went with this Motel 6, too. It is right of the highway and visible, and also next to a Starbucks and Carl's Jr., as well as right near other dining options that are visible from the road. It was a lot earlier than I tended to get a room, but I was really tired, and it looked great on the outside, so I went for it.

I'm glad I did! The place was very clean, the vending area and office were neat, tidy and spotless. The desk was staffed by Jamie, who was delightful and helpful, recommending a great restaurant in Longview (right next to Kelso), The Masthead, for dinner and it was indeed a great place to dine! Jamie was really like your next door neighbor and so was Wanda, the woman who manages this Motel 6. She greeted me in the parking area as she was leaving, telling me she had a great pool to relax in since I was tired. I met her at check out again and she was just like my own mom in all the best ways.

My room was clean, attractive and though small, had what I needed for a good night's sleep: comfortable bed, clean bathroom and the most comfortable pillows of any place I'd stayed on my trip. There were two double beds in the room and honestly, that wouldn't have worked if more than one person was in the bed as they were literally up against the wall on one side. I think that room was too small for two beds, but would've been perfect for one queen bed. Since I was traveling alone, this wasn't an issue, but would've been if I were sharing and had to climb over the bottom to get in an out. Just something to know. Room 106. I was given a non-smoking room where I could park right outside (I was traveling with everything I owned, literally, in my car, so security was an issue for me), and unlike some places where you can tell it used to be a smoking room, this one really was clean and I appreciated that. I hate that smoke smell.

The bathroom had a stall shower, and that was big and roomy and had good water pressure and nice, hot water. I generally prefer a tub for a shower, but this was plenty roomy. There were plenty of towels and soap, etc.

The only complaint I had was the small child being allowed to run around the room directly above me at 10:00 that night! If I were that kid's parent, I'd never let them do that and they would've been in bed way before that, anyway, but I travel with great earplugs and that took care of that problem. I know the staff would've taken care of it by how accommodating and friendly they were; they would've even moved me if that's what I'd wanted.

Check out was just as friendly and easy as check-in, and the free coffee smelled great, but I went next door to the Starbucks since I had a gift card! The vending machines had a huge assortment of things, and the pool was awesome. Everything was clean and looked well-taken care of. Excellent value for $50!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank julienicolay
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This motel is close to Mt St Helen's and is easy to find. There are quite a few restaurants in this little burg. The room was clean. The shower had Water pressure for a change. (the three previous hotels did not). The price was definitely right. If you're just looking for a comfortable bed this a good place to stay. Laverne who checked us in was very good.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank mrdc99
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This motel used to be some other kind of motel that is now a Motel 6. The grounds and stairwells needed to be cleaned...outside, everything looked a bit shabby. The room however, was styled as all Motel 6 rooms and was very clean. If it hadn't been, I would have asked for my money back. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: The desk staff was less than helpful when I checked in and when I checked out there seemed to be oth...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo