“Love this place”

Best Western Aladdin Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Kelso
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This is a great hotel. I have stayed here a lot of times. And most of them I am upgraded for being a loyal customer. I find that to be the best customer service. What is also nice about this hotel is the location, very easy to find and nearby to shopping and restaurants. They have been upgrading a lot of the features at this location. New pool and new paint and just over all tender loving care.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Teri L
BWKELSO, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Aladdin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Hello, Teri!
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review of our hotel and our staff. We absolutely love getting to know our repeat guests and seeing them return again and again year after year. We are working very hard to update and improve our hotel as best we can and we appreciate that you've noticed the changes! We thank you, that as a Best Western Rewards Elite member, you choose to stay with us whenever your travels bring you through town, and I'm so excited to hear that we are usually have the availability to provide you with your complimentary Elite member upgrade! We very much look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business, The staff was always very helpful with what ever I asked or needed. They knew the area and were very friendly and pleasant. The rooms were plenty big and I was well rested each day. The bed was good and very comfortable. The pool area was nice and relaxing.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWKELSO, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Aladdin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Hi Darral,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and tell others about your experiences with us. We're glad that our wonderful staff can help make your home-away-from-home a comfortable and enjoyable one after a long day at work!

We appreciate you and your business and we look forward to your next trip to town!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stay here often when visiting family in the area. It's definitely as older property, but i find it safe (interior doors) and comfortable and clean. The front desk staff are always terrific. And the showers are the best I've had--hot and lots of water pressure!

Room Tip: Ask to be located away from the next door restaurant/bar.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Hello, Delaine! Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stays and tell others about your experiences here at our hotel. We always love to see a repeat guest, and we're thrilled that you have had such enjoyable experiences with us. You touched on three of the things our guests always rave about - our staff, showers and cleanliness! And we are very proud of all three!

We're so glad to hear that we've impressed you time and time again and we thank you for choosing to stay with us when coming to visit your family. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The staff at reception were lovely. The room was small with wood chip on the wall, I haven't seen that in years but it was all clean and newly painted. The pool did not open till 9 which is not good for travellers and the only restaurant within walking distance is a very poor Chinese.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
BWKELSO, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Aladdin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

We appreciate your taking the time to share about your recent experience at our hotel. We are certainly very sorry that you did not find our pool hours to be convenient, as we know this is a selling point of many hotels. However, please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or concerns regarding your room or your stay and we will be more than happy to do whatever we can to make your stay a more enjoyable one.

I'm sorry that our hotel did not exceed your expectations, but I'm glad that it seems our staff and your overall stay was a relatively pleasant one! I'm happy to hear you had a safe trip back home, and we hope you will give us another chance the next time your travels bring you to this side of The Pond!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

The Aladdin Inn, Best Western. Not much better than a low end Motel 6. Noisy location, dirty inside and out. Overall quite shabby. We travel with a small dog and those Best Western's that take pets generally allocate you to a specific area, most are reasonable if not top end accommodation. The room at the Aladdin Inn was a bit grim and obviously not a lot of care taken to ensure it was cleaned after other guests left with their pets. We couldn't wait to get out of there! Chinese food next door not bad at all. Breakfast available at the Inn was OK. We will avoid this one in future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWKELSO, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Aladdin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share with others your thoughts about our hotel. I'm so very sorry to hear that your stay with us was just not an overall enjoyable one. We do take great pride and care in the comfort of our guests and the cleanliness of our hotel. We even do our best to keep even the outside looking fresh, clean and inviting, which can certainly be difficult in the dreary Pacific Northwest weather. Definitely do not hesitate to let us know of your concerns at any time during your stay with us, as we will always do whatever we can to make your stay an enjoyable one!

It saddens us all when we hear that a guest has had an experience such as yours, and has let it deter them from ever staying again. On your next trip through town, we hope you will look past the unpleasant experience of your first stay and give us another chance to work with you to provide you with a superior experience. We know that we can do better.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

No elevator in the building. Odor of old about the building. Doors to outside are not secure and can easily be pulled open if not physically pulled shut. Breaksfast was mediocre at best. Location is not near anything. The Three Rivers Mall is practically vacant.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to share with others about your recent experience at our hotel. While we are an older hotel, we are working hard to update and improve the property as best we can.

I was able to find your reservation and do see that we moved you to an upstairs room only upon check-in, but I'm certainly very sorry that we did not have an elevator to make it a more pleasant trip to the room. I do know how inconvenient it can be to haul a suitcase up a flight of stairs! We strive to make every guest experience a fabulous one, and would have been more than happy to assist you with your luggage or help you out in any way that we could.

Definitely do not hesitate to let us know if ever you have any questions or concerns regarding your stay and we will be more than happy to do whatever we can to make your stay a pleasant one! I will let Maintenance know about the sticky outside doors and make sure they are fixed as soon as possible, if they have not been already. We always appreciate feedback from our guests, and while we have added an array of items over the past couple of years, we are always open to suggestions! Last year we added sausage, hashbrowns and hot oatmeal with toppings to our menu to join the yogurt, pastries, waffles and other goodies, and appreciate any suggestions you may have!

We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will give us another chance the next time your travels bring you to the area!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I wish I had stayed at a motel by the freeway. When I checked in I told the desk clerk I had my bike on my car. I wish she had suggested I wheel it in for the night. Years of travel I had never had a problem. Lots of party noise that night outside. Next morning when I went out my bike was gone. As I looked around, it turns out this hotel at one end is only 40 yards from abandoned homes. The hotel gave me a $5 discount for my bike! I made a police report but don't expect more. I think this hotel should have spent more on improved security in its parking lot instead of granite countertops.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience at our hotel. While we do have a local company patrolling our property at various times throughout the night, as well as security camera monitors at our front desk, I am deeply sorry to hear about your bike and to learn that we did not handle the issue as you would have preferred. We do often have guests leave their bikes on their vehicles and valuables inside during their stay with no problems, which is likely why our desk clerk didn't think to have you bring with with you to your room. However, I do understand that while that does make you feel any better about your first stay, we certainly hope that you could find it in your heart to understand this unfortunate incident was an uncommon one and give us a second chance to provide you with a superior experience that you can share with others.

We take all guest feedback to heart and look at it as a way to improve both our guest service and our property and it saddens us when our guests have an experience such as yours. We do hope that we will see you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelso
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Kelso/Longview
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Kelso
Best Western Woodland Inn

Been to Best Western Aladdin Inn? Share your experiences!