“Keep Going don't stop!”

Best Western Aladdin Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kelso
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have stayed in BW hotels previously so I figured I was safe. I was wrong. There were enough issues to fill a couple pages but I'll keep it brief. I was plugging in my phone for the night and moved the nightstand, DISGUSTING!! Someone else's toenail clippings. The plug wasn't there but on the side wall, no problem right? wrong. I go to plug in my phone and the cover for the outlet is just hanging there it was broken in the middle. Huge safety issue. I plug my phone in and hear a

Room Tip: don't stay at all
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank amie f
BWKELSO, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Aladdin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Hello Amie,
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at our hotel. While unfortunately it looks like much of your review was cut off, I'm sorry to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations. Certainly do not hesitate to let us know at any time during your stay and we will be more than happy to assist you however we can to bring you anything you need or to find you room suitable for your needs, as the comfort of our guests is our top priority!

I was able to find your reservation with us and do apologize that the solution we worked out with you upon checkout did not seem to be sufficient and was so quickly followed by this review. We know you have options when choosing your lodging needs, and we thank you, that as a Best Western Rewards Diamond Elite member, you chose to stay with us. We hope you will look past this unfortunate experience and give us another chance the next time your travels bring you through the area. Your 250 bonus points and best available upgrade will be waiting!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

How this property still carries the BW flag, I'll never know. I could waste everyone's time by telling my exhausting story about my stay but I'll keep it short and to the point.

Had a dead battery on Saturday March 1st. Had to stay the night in Kelso until I could repair. Since I have worked at a BW before I know that typically their standards and over all quality are above average. After taxes the rate was $110. Opened the door to my room and it was a mess. Housekeeping had not been inside that room at all since the prior guest checked out. I understand things happen and wasn't upset. Came back down to front desk and got another room.

After getting into the second room, I wasn't able to get the lamps or the tv to work. I followed the plug under the bed and found it unplugged (see photo). Also found a dirty sock! (see photo) Inside the bathroom there were stains, probably from a bar of soap, on the tub (see photo) and the drain plug was broke and just laying there (see photo).

While moving furniture to see if the TV was unplugged (which it was) I found some type of white powder substance next to the fridge (see photo). I have no idea what is was and I was too upset to find out.

Spoke to the manager via phone the following morning. He said he would take 30% off the room (rate was $99 before tax). I said that I would be making an accurate review of his property on trip advisor and have photos to post. He then said 40% off. My credit card was charged $69 and I have yet to receive any airline miles.

The property is outdated and needs a complete renovation. The franchisee and manager of this BW have failed at many levels. They should feel embarrassed.

I can live with bad customer service. I can live with bad wifi or no breakfast. But I refuse to stay in properties that simply refuse to provide guests with clean rooms! I don't know if this is a result from lack of training or just plain laziness, but I can assure you one thing, I will never stay at this place again. I should point out that had I not been without my car I would have left and gone somewhere else.

I've noticed how the property replies to all reviews on trip advisor. I do not wish to hear some form letter you have cut and pasted. I don't care to hear some pathetic apology for your uncleanliness. Spend the time you would have used replying to this review and CLEAN your hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Kurtly31
BWKELSO, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Aladdin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Oh no! Kurtly31, what a crazy and out of the ordinary experience at our Kelso Best Western! It appears that you actually requested a full refund the next morning. Unfortunately while a soap stain or some dust behind the fridge are far from the Best Western standard, our manager at the time did not feel that these warranted a full refund, especially the morning after a full night’s stay. However, we would have been more than happy to work with you that evening to find a room suitable for sleeping in after this second poor experience.

Do know that we take the comfort of every guest very seriously, and have spoken extensively to housekeeping about the issue. If you view the other traveler photos submitted by our Trip Advisor guests, you can see that this was a rare circumstance. Furthermore, we want you to know that after speaking to management and to billing, it looks like your total payment to our hotel was $64.89, slightly more than the 40% discount you were told you would be refunded for your room. We also show an additional $50.00 credit through Best Western International you received after speaking with Customer Care after check-out. Looks like your room was almost free after all! Thank you for bringing these comments up, and we hope to see you again in the future!

All the best from the team at Best Western Kelso.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Was a bit difficult to find, as is definitely a distance from I-5. Overall I was very pleased with the service and cleanliness of the hotel. Our room appeared to have been recently remodeled, or at least updated. The hallway carpet was in good shape, as were the doors and molding. They accommodated our dog, and the room was clean and comfortable. Flat screen TV was a bonus, along with the VERY clean pool area. The one disappointment was no hot tub. Breakfast was sufficient, although not fancy.

Room Tip: Get a room on the ends or the back
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul K
BWKELSO, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Aladdin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Hello Paul!
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I know that even with the signs, being about 1 1/2 miles from the freeway we can be a little bit difficult to find for somebody unfamiliar with the area, and I'm very sorry to hear that you had some troubles finding us! The upside is that you get to sleep without any freeway noise!

I'm so happy to hear that the rest of your stay went well, and that our pool exceeded your expectations! Both our pool area and our rooms have recently undergone some major renovations and it seems everybody is very happy with the changes! (Including us employees!)

We hope your dog enjoyed the room as well and that we will see you again the next time your travels bring you through the area!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

It's a little dark and a bit out dated, but overall it does it's job as a place to stay at while on the road. Pool is decent enough; rooms were clean. The hallways to your room are a little wonky (they seem to have potholes in them...) but it's cheap!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alex W
BWKELSO, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Aladdin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Hi Alex,
Thank you for taking the time this week to share about your stay with us back in April. I'm happy to hear that your stay was an overall enjoyable one, but I certainly am sorry that you weren't entirely impressed by the overall feel and look of our property. Over the past 10 months we have done quite a bit of updating and renovating to our entire hotel, including our both our guest rooms and our hallways, as well as our breakfast, all while continuing the hold the cleanliness of our rooms to the highest standard!

We hope you will think of us and come see these changes the next time your travels bring you through beautiful Southwest Washington!

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I pulled in to get off of snowy i5 for the night. The young man behind the desk got me a room quickly and was friendly. The stairwell at the end of the building had a strong chemical odor. The room was clean and functional with a flat screen (lg) tv, coffee maker with coffee, hair dryer and nice clean bed. That's all I was looking for and that's what I got. I would stay here again. The morning I checked out around 0630, the same young man was behind the desk and even offered me his ice scraper to get all the snow off of my car windows. Very personable staff. Thank you:)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
BWKELSO, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Aladdin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with others about your experiences here at our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations, and I do apologize for the chemical odor in the stairwell, but I'm glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and that our desk clerk was able to lend you his ice scraper in the morning! Certainly not a fun job without one.

I hope you had a wonderful trip through the beautiful Pacific Northwest, and a safe drive home through the icy, slushy roads and hope the next time we get to see you it's out of choice and not necessity!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stay at this hotel whenever I go into the Kelso/Longview area. Admittedly I may not if I wasn't a Best Western Rewards member. They serve a decent continental breakfast, and have recently refurbished many of the rooms. It's a good hotel at a good price...so a good value for the money!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWKELSO, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Aladdin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Hello Clint!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share this nice review of our property. I'm happy to hear that, as a Best Western Rewards member, you choose to stay with us when your travels bring you through town and I'm glad that your experiences have all been pleasant ones. I hope you have a wonderful day and we look forward your next visit with us!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

This is a great hotel. I have stayed here a lot of times. And most of them I am upgraded for being a loyal customer. I find that to be the best customer service. What is also nice about this hotel is the location, very easy to find and nearby to shopping and restaurants. They have been upgrading a lot of the features at this location. New pool and new paint and just over all tender loving care.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Teri L
BWKELSO, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Aladdin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Hello, Teri!
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review of our hotel and our staff. We absolutely love getting to know our repeat guests and seeing them return again and again year after year. We are working very hard to update and improve our hotel as best we can and we appreciate that you've noticed the changes! We thank you, that as a Best Western Rewards Elite member, you choose to stay with us whenever your travels bring you through town, and I'm so excited to hear that we are usually have the availability to provide you with your complimentary Elite member upgrade! We very much look forward to your next visit with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelso
Super 8 Kelso Longview Area
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Kelso
Best Western Woodland Inn

Been to Best Western Aladdin Inn? Share your experiences!