Enliven Chemical-Free Bed and Breakfast
US$150
US$107
ExtendedStay
US$151
Red Lion Inn & Suites Bothell(Bothell)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$102
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Enliven Bed and Breakfast. Teresa is a warm and kind soul, who has thought of all the finer details to make your stay comfortable and healthy. I slept on organic bedding, showered with filtered water (first time I have done so and you can feel the difference on your skin and hair) and was provided with quality bath products and wholesome foods.

It was really nice to be able to soak in an epsom salt bath at the end of my long days. I usually do not do this at hotels as I worry about the level of cleanliness, however, Enliven is so clean and well kept I couldn't wait to get in the tub and the filtered water was a huge bonus.

Breakfasts were delicious! I would go back just for the breakfast!! To be able to enjoy a nutritious, healthy breakfast before I was off for the day, made my trip. I often missed lunch because my days were so busy and if it weren't for Teresa's awesome breakfasts I would have been starving. Starting my day off with a full belly makes me smile :) Teresa is a fabulous baker. She made these coconut breakfast cookies with all natural ingredients and they were so yummy....I grabbed a few extra for the road.

Enliven has a huge selection of reading materials available including topics on spirituality, health, and travel. I could have spent a week just going through all of the books! Teresa has many books that I was looking to purchase online and this trip gave me the opportunity to preview a lot of titles. There is also a meditation/massage room where I was able to practise some tai chi in the evenings. For the musically inclined there is a room with many different instruments including guitars, a piano and drums. Since I am not musically inclined I decided to leave the instruments to the professionals!

I would recommend Enliven to anyone looking for a place to stay where they can relax and refresh. I came to Enliven with a heavy load on my shoulders and I knew it was going to be a long week. When I left it was like someone had pressed my reset button. I honestly feel that staying at Enliven made all the difference. :)

Thanks Teresa for putting so much love and healing energy into Enliven!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Vatapitta
Reviewed 20 September 2013

When I saw that the owner of Enliven was starting to offer a one week retreat program I knew it was exactly what I needed. Life had wrapped its fingers pretty tightly around my neck and I didn't know what to do. I had no idea what to expect when I arrived. Teresa suggested I fast and do a cleanse and rest. I was prepared for a rigorous retreat but what happened surprised me. On the morning of the second day, I gave myself permission to rest. I went back to bed and slept until noon. I spent the rest of the week napping and slowly shedding stress. I refused to journal, to read, to work. I rested. It was perfect. Teresa, ministered to me gently everyday, engaging me in stimulating discussion several times a day and eased me into releasing the stress and anxiety I have held for longer than I can remember. The house is exquisitely and meticulously clean and comfortable. The bed was perfect. The linens were right out of a Rupert Brooke poem. The comforter was plush enough to cushion a three-story fall. The backyard and neighborhood are beautiful and well kept, quiet and pleasing. I left after a week with a new attitude and perspective ready to meet life. Thank you Teresa for your help. I couldn't recommend this experience or facility any more strongly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank William G
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I have travelled to many destinations and stayed in all sorts of lodgings. I have never found accommodations so meticulously clean and comfortable to stay in as Enliven Bed & Breakfast. The quality of the air was clean, the water was pure and the food was whole and organic. I have multiple chemical sensitivities and the slightest bit of mold causes a strong negative reaction. My stay of two weeks left me so refreshed and clear of my ongoing respiratory and other environmental reactions that I constantly deal with. Teresa created a space that gave me a feeling of true welcome, love and care. I highly recommend Enliven Bed & Breakfast to anyone looking for a place to rejuvenate, restore, and soothe in a truly healing space. Thank you Teresa, you have set high standards for any future travels.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Dave M
Reviewed 18 March 2013

A very comfortable, clean, peaceful and updated bed and breakfast a bit to the north and west of downtown Seattle. It felt like home away from home. It is located in a nice residential neighborhood, it is well maintained, clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was very tasty, fresh, and from organic ingredients. For those who are chemically sensitive, and perhaps even electromagnetically sensitive Enliven offers natural fabrics in bedding, clean chemically free environment, purified water to drink and shower with, and non toxic personal care items. For the electromagnetically sensitive, there is no wi-fi and all rooms test really low with an EMF / RF meter, about 0.017 mili watts per meter square or less in all the rooms. I wholeheartedly recommend this peaceful and rejuvenating bed and breakfast to anyone who is visiting Seattle, and especially to those with chemical and/or electromagnetic sensitivities, as a refreshing, healthy, non toxic and much needed accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo