“4th Year in a row and always good”

Red Lion Hotel Kennewick Columbia Center
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This is our 4th year we've stayed here for a tournament (70 families with us) and once again all services and the property were great. If you're looking for a throw back to where times were easy, then you'll love this place. It's an older property, but is in great shape, the pool area is well taken care of, the buffet in the morning is staffed with friendly employees and the bar is lively and inviting. It's located within 2 minutes of Columbia Park on the Columbia River and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I look forward to coming back everytime, as I know what I'm getting.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room so your sliding door opens to the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I've had good experiences with Red Lion in the past so I thought I'd give this one a try. Big disappointment! The hotel looks like it hasn't been renovated in the past 30 years. The carpets are worn and dirty, and there was an odd musty smell in the room. They charge $5 for a breakfast buffet that's not much different from the free breakfasts you'd get at other hotels. The one bright spot was the front desk staff--they were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel, away from the busy main street.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Amy M, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kennewick Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Thank you for your review of our property! We appreciate all feedback from our guests. I apologize that your experience with us was less than you expected. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the staff, and we are working hard to address your concerns. Although our property is mature, we take great pride in providing super friendly service, and a clean and comfortable room for all of our guests. It is my sincere hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of service to you at anytime in the future!

Reviewed 3 April 2013

I stayed at the Red Lion Hotel Columbia Center over a weekend and enjoyed my stay. Though an older hotel, the site is comfortable and very clean with exceptional service. Because of the hotel's age, the rooms are on the larger side and very comfortable. The coffee maker in my room did not work at 10:00 pm and the hotel quickly replaced it with a brand new one within 10 minutes -- something I did not expect. The Roaring Start Breakfast was also a pleasant surprise. It was much more than the usual continental breakfast in most hotel chains: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, fresh fruit, beverages and located in a large and comfortable room. The location of this property was also excellent. It is next to a mall with a Target within walking distance. Finally, all the staff was overly friendly and kind. I will definitely return if I am in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I highly recommend this hotel. The outside is older looking but the rooms have been renovated and are very clean and nicely decorated. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was well insulated so I didn't hear the t.v. or talking from my neighbors. The staff exemplified exceptional customer service. They were friendly, helpful, prompt and very professional. I was very impressed with the staff!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The room was nice and clean the i could walk anywhere with in 2 blocks and eat something differant every night.The staff was always trying to make my stay as pleasent as they could.I can't find a thing to complain about.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank edcarter51
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I have typically avoided the Red Lion properties because they are generally older but was pleasantly surprised by a well appointed, comfortable and clean room. It was a queen room on the road side of the hotel. The tv was very old school but didn't use it anyway so no problem. Everything else was nice and well worth the money. The front desk staff was friendly and directed us away from the hockey team, which was appreciated. All in all, a very good stay.

Room Tip: Apparently a number of sports teams stay here so it might be good to ask who and where.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I stayed here two nights and was very satisfied. Like others have said, the rooms were a little outdated, but they were clean and functional. The tv was a little lame, and the internet slow, but all the other furnishings were satisfactory. The front desk staff was very friendly and efficient, and the breakfast buffet was excellent. If your looking for top of the line, this isn't it, but for the money I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo