“Great Girlfriend Getaway”
Review of Cherry Chalet

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kennewick
Cherry Chalet
Ranked #1 of 2 Kennewick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 October 2009

After a business trip to the area some of my coworkers and I booked a last minute stay at the Cherry Chalet for some extra R&R. Steve and Michele were truly gracious hosts. The outdoor patio should not be missed and the cherries and breakfast absolutely yummy. Just what we needed to relax before heading back to the east coast. Fabulous find!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank PhillyLuv2travel

Reviewed 28 June 2009

Kennewick was a little out of our way on our wine tour of the Yakima Valley - yet it sounded like a nice place for our group to relax in a homey atmosphere. Steve and Michele were welcoming and gracious hosts into a spacious, modern and clean 2 bedroom/2 bath area with living room, kitchen and dining room. We had a great time cooking out on their beautiful patio with koi pond and firepit. We were pleased that Steve and Michele joined us for dinner - they were great fun! We learned alot about the operation of the cherry farm and were able to tour the next day. We were fortunate to be there in the right season to see the cherries being harvested.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2009

My colleague and I stayed at Cherry Chalet for two nights on a business trip. The place itself is lovely and well-kept. The innkeeper was very friendly, and told us about her great breakfasts, a peach-yogurt smoothie and fluffy apple pancakes. They sounded great. But when we said we had to leave for airport on the second day at 6:00 am, the innkeeper said, "I'm not getting up that early." She agreed to leave a pitcher of smoothies in the freezer. The first night I read in the guest book glowing comments about people's stays there, and about the marvelous breakfasts.

We tried to contact our hosts the first evening, to request caffeinated tea bags, honey for the herbal teas, and also an evening snack since there were no cherries (although the Website led us to believe that there would be) and we were not within walking distance of any stores of restaurants. My phone call was not returned.

We woke up hungry, with a long flight ahead of us. The only food in the fridge was watery peach juice, two not quite cooked hard-boiled eggs, two uncooked English muffins, and 2 small grapefruits. Neither of us like grapefruit, and we had to throw away the partially cooked eggs. We felt gypped that we had paid for bed and breakfast and had not gotten a decent breakfast. I wrote a note about it to the innkeeper. She sent me an apology and offered a free stay if we would ever be in the area again, but since we live on the East Coast, it is unlikely.

My colleague says she felt like the innkeeper simply didn't want to be bothered by us. Not the kind of feeling you expect at a B&B.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
5  Thank betsydc1
Reviewed 10 April 2008

What a lovely stay at the Cherry Chalet. Since I travel on air miles, I made my reservations almost 8 months in advance and Steve and Michele were so accomodating. I loved the quiet, homey feeling and I will be back for one of the special breakfasts!

I travel alone, but could see how ideal the Cherry Chalet would be for a family.

Thanks again for making my visit to the Tri-Cities so special.

Kathy
Belize

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 29 February 2008

I made a reservation at Cherry Chalet bed and breakfast 5 months in advance, to make sure we had a place to stay for a weekend trip to Washington, to celebrate my husband's birthday. They told me this reservation was confirmed, and they wouldn't be sending out an additional mail or email confirmation.
I then tried calling them several days prior to arrival date to make sure everything was going to go smoothly, and to let them know what time we would be arriving. I left 3 phone messages, and sent one email.
A few days later, the morning of our scheduled arrival, the innkeeper called and told me they booked the room to someone else 3 weeks ago. We could not stay there. Our trip was ruined.
Beware when making a reservation here.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
13  Thank MargeOregon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennewick
Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick
Homewood Suites by Hilton Richland
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Kennewick / Tri-Cities
Hampton Inn Kennewick at Southridge
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#13 of 17 in Kennewick
Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center

Been to Cherry Chalet? Share your experiences!