“Great Place”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
British Columbia
“Great Place”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Had a great one night stay at this hotel. We got the room we requested on-line, there were no children running around and there are notices asking for noise to be kept to a minimum in the common areas between 8pm and 8am. Close to shopping mall and restaurants and a good price.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BingoBC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 30 April 2012

When we first checked in and went up to our room we thought it wasn't a bad room for the money. I made the customary call home to check in with the Mrs. During the call, I kept thinking I was hearing a luggage cart rolling down the hall, or even a sliding glass door opening and closing. Turns out we were right over the entrance, and the eye beam kept opening and closing the lobby door directly below us. It was still not late in the early evening and I called down and asked for a room change and explained the situation.

The first desk offered to turn off the switch to the door. So I asked what would happen as more people checked in and when the shift changed. That wasn't gonna work. So I asked for top floor and as far away from the elevator as possible. While the desk clerk sounded a bit annoyed and reluctant, she made the change for us.

The rest of the trip went well. The pool was nice, the noise was minimal, and the location was close to everything. Shopping, dinning, freeways (without freeway noise.) That was great. We had to run back and forth to a tournament in Pasco, and getting around was easy, and one major intersection away from the freeway.

The morning breakfast was a bit lacking compared to staying at a Hampton. But was adequate. Just less than what you get for the same money at the competation.

Room Tip: Stay away from the entry and elevators.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Steve H
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I was a little concerned when we found ourselves staying here on business for a week, based on some of the previous reviews, especially the postings about noise and the Internet. I can't say I've seen any kids around at all, or families. It's the middle of January. Mostly, single people apparently here on business, or a retired couple doing a little traveling. So, I can imagine things might be different around here at the wrong time. No doubt that way with ANY hotel! Usually, I'm pretty disappointed in hotels for just that reason: too much noise for one who relies on quiet for my sanity and sleep. Usually, we, too, will have a neighbor who comes into the room at some god-awful late night hour and watches TV, or parties and talks loud into the wee hours. Or kids running wild around the place. Anyway, we got lucky and I'm grateful. The breakfast has some variety and is adequate, the coffee's not bad, the breakfast room is cozy and plenty spacious at this time, and there's a nice fireplace and TV that are not too annoying. One of my highlights is arriving back after dinner to some warm chocolate chip cookies! Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate are available at any time of the day or night. And there was a nice, warm indoor pool and jacuzzi that would have felt great this time of year, but damnit if I didn't forget my bathing suit! I kept debating on whether I could just go in my underwear or wear something else I had in my bag, because I never saw anyone using them. The only thing that bugged me was that we could not get the NBC channel one night we wanted to watch a show because it's a local feed. But that's no big deal. Really weren't here to watch TV, and there are several other channel choices anyway. The Internet has apparently been fixed or upgraded because it works fine. Just wanted to set folks straight on that. It's high-speed wireless through a provider called LodgeNet. I did have to contact their support line, though, to get a temporary connection with my Kindle Fire hand-held device. Overall, it was one of the most satisfying stays we have ever had, anywhere, and exceedingly quiet. Good luck on your draw!

Room Tip: The top floor facing south, overlooking a generally empty Shopko parking lot, was very quiet all day...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank LUNA R
Adirondack, New York
Reviewed 3 January 2012

On the way from Alaska we stayed in several hotels but sadly this Fairfield Inn disappointed us a big time. It looked clean but nothing special. We were hoping to have a quiet night before a long drive the next day. That didn't happen. There was a team of boys staying on both sides of our room and below us. We asked for a corner room and away from any football team as we saw boys in the parking lot. It seemed we got opposite of what we asked for. That was restless, almost sleepless night. We later found out from two boys we rode elevator with in the morning that their chaperons went out and kids were left all alone. Nice going, parents in Kennewick. The night clerk after several attempts was finally able to shut them up or maybe parents returned at that time. In the morning we quickly learned there was only limited number of tables to have a breakfast at and all were occupied by parents and sleepy kids. When we told a morning desk clerk about our sleepless night she rolled her eyes and said she cannot do anything about it. Then walked away to a back room and did not return.

Room Tip: If you want a good night rest then stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Greeley, Co
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Friendly and helpful staff. When they realized we were on our way to Seattle they checked all the road reports and the status of the pass ( we did not even realize we needed to go over a pass). Nice lobby with fireplace,TV and coffee bar. Very nice dining area for a good breakfast. Our room was spacious and very clean. Excellent bathroom fixtures. Nice TV and bed. Easy parking. Many restaurants nearby. Best of all, a $15.00 pet fee for our 5 pound Yorkie as compared to $50.00 at the Marriott the night before.

Room Tip: We requested the first floor with a king and that is what they reserved for us.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank takesthepooch
Portland, OR
Reviewed 7 October 2011

My wife and I spent a Saturday night at this hotel as part of an overnight road trip up the Columbia Gorge from Portland, OR. The staff person was friendly and helpful. The room was on the third floor and was both clean and spacious. Linens and bedding were fresh (I carry my own UV inspection light). The room was quiet - as were the other parties on the floor - and aromas neutral. The complimentary breakfast was more than sufficient (make your own waffles, tasty bagels, etc). A restaurant on the property would have been nice but there are plenty of restaurants and fast food places close by. This is a nice affordable place to stay if you are passing through Kennewick.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gnarly1
Seattle
Reviewed 10 September 2011

The rooms were large and VERY clean. they even had these makeup remover/towelettes in the bathroom. We stayed here with 2 teenage boys and there was plenty of room. We got a roll out bed and the 4 of us were comfortable without being crowded. The boys used the pool every night (It was open until 11:00pm - big plus). The breakfast area was great. Plenty of fruit, yogurt, breads, waffles, sausage sandwiches, and juices.
The hotel is across from the mall so the kids walked to the mall when they wanted.
Everyone that worked there was friendly and helpful. Great place! We will definately stay here when we are in town again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family