“My room smells like PET URINE”

Fairfield Inn Kennewick
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I am supposed to be staying here for eight nights and called five hours ago to confirm my reservation and give the front desk my platinum number. I asked if they had me on the top floor and she said she did. I then explained that I would be checking in late, around 9:00PM and she said she would put a note in file to hold the room.

Apparently that conversation was a complete waste of my time. I checked in and was informed that I'm on the first floor and there are no other rooms available and all the other hotels around are sold out. Then she tells me "BUT I CAN MOVE TOMORROW". Unfortunately, I have to work all day tomorrow and every day that I am here..

The girls attitude at the front desk was unbelievably rude, no apology, just an "I don't give a damn" attitude and walked off.

I go to my room and it smells like pet urine. I go back to the front desk and the girl that was working the desk is nowhere to be found so I yell out that the room smells like CAT PISS and she comes out of the breakfast area from watching TV and says she can get something to spray it.

I go back to my room for maybe ten minutes, go back to the front desk, again nobody there, so I yell out "I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO GET SOMETHING TO SPRAY THE ROOM", no reply. I waited about twenty minutes more and still she is nowhere to be found. I happened to have a bottle of Fabreeze in my truck and grabbed that and used half the bottle on the carpet and chair.

Obviously somebody checked in before I did and complained about this room and was given my room. Funny how this whole "reservation" thing works.

I've been here over an hour, been to the desk three times, she's not there, she must still be looking for that spray.......

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Mike C
Jennifer M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Kennewick, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Please accept our deepest apologies. It was not our intentions to not meet your needs upon arrival to the hotel as we strive to provide pleasant experience for all our guest and rewards members. We value your comments as they enable us to further improve our services and exceed the standards our guests expect. We also hope that the remainder of your stay with us is pleasant and problem free for the remainder of your visit.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My wife and I recently stayed for one night at the Kennewick, WA Fairfield Inn. We had a good experience except for the continental breakfast which was below average. It is included in the cost of the room. My wife had the scrambled eggs, which were cold.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Donald E
Reviewed 22 February 2014

upon arriving to check in, it was discovered that my reservation was made with the wrong month. The desk agent changed it for that night, and still honored the discounted rate that was booked. the hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable. breakfast was great. would recommend this hotel, and will def stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My husband and myself stayed there the day after Christmas while visiting my daughter and grand sons. I highly recommend staying here at the Marriot Fairfield Inn. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms are very clean and I would rate this place at a 10. Can't say anything negitive about my stay. They make you feel at home the minute you walk thru the door.

Room Tip: We stayed this time on the first floor. Very quiet
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Jennifer M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Kennewick, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Joyce M,

We are happy to hear that your stay with us was so great! We look forward to you staying with us again in the future. Have a wonderful New Year!!

Jennifer M.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Staff took GREAT care of us and we seemed to be centrally located...Although it was kinda cold out...we did brave an early morning walk....when we come back...this will be the place for us....Management was able to answer all of our questions and make suggestions for our trip further east the next day...Kennewick is kinda outta the way...but it is beautiful and the local people seemed pleased for the travellers business.....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul N
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We had a very nice room. I have special needs and had asked for a room on the first floor close to the door. My room was just as requested. They had lowered the pet fee for the dog show that was in town and that made the hotel within our budget. I normally don't stay in Marriot hotels due to their $75.00 pet fee.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Haviechick
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Even GPS could not get us to the hotel. There is no sign on the street to show where to turn to get to the hotel. It is clustered with a few other places, but they all have signs to show how to enter the property.

Other than that, it was a good place for the night. It was clean and well-kept, the breakfast served in the morning was more than average and there was plenty of fresh food for all who chose to eat there.

You can walk from the hotel to several restaurants and as we were towing a trailer with a vehicle on it was nice not to have to drag it all around everywhere we went.

Room Tip: Call the hotel and ask them how you get to the hotel exactly, especially if it is dark out.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business