“Never ever been treated so unprofessionally at any Inn”

Fairfield Inn Kennewick
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Des Moines, Washington
“Never ever been treated so unprofessionally at any Inn”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

It is one thing when your front desk makes a mistake. We arrived after a four and a half hour
drive assured we had reservations. To be greated by an airhead young girl who seemed to be untrained and first day on the job, "Sorry, my words not hers, We have no rooms." It is not the first time we have been to Pasco. Not the first time we have traveled. Three of my Grandkids have played in State Champion ship tournaments. We travel in business frequently, "We have reservations." and, "No all our rooms are filled. We have no rooms." So we gave her our name.
"Your reservation is for the year 2015. You made a mistake on your website booking." So my son said, "No, I made our reservation on the phone on your front desk. We have convermation" Her curt answer, "No you made it on the web and had errors." Five times she all but called us as lying. Finely my son asked for a Manager, "Our Manager is not here she is at home." The obvious was call her. The manager could not be understood with all the noise in the background. The phone handed back to the girl, "My manager says to call the police. You need to leave. We don't have rooms for you." My son responded for her to call the police. No one was acting belgerently. We had reservations for two room. We hadn't done it on website. At the very office of the Inn. He informed her there was an obligation on the Marriot Fairfield to honor their committment. To which she said, "I know you have cellphone you find your own rooms." That we did so was only luck. Several calls, and we don't know the Pasco area as well as a representive of Fairwood inn should have. Best Western had no rooms but suggested Sleep In might have a room. The girl Victoria on their desk was very helpful. She also kept us in mind for the next night where they also had no openings. I watchs as this professional lady had other traveler some in and she had to tell them she was booked. But she took out a book of local lodgings and called and found rooms for all that she could. She did the job three of Fairfield Inn emplyees could not could not or didn't have the training to do. I don't blame the girl for her lack of training as much as the Manager who left her untrained at the front desk. Maybe it is time for Corporation to do their job and come in an train their employees. I cannot grade the Inn itself or do I care. If I come to another Final Four championship I would use Sleep In or one of the ten other lodging rated above this Inn. There is a reason there is such poor reviews of this Inn/Dan J Donlan Senior

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Daniel D
Jennifer M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Kennewick, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Mr. Daniel D. SR,

I am sorry to hear about your experience at the Towne Place Suites in Richland, however here at the Fairfield Inn in Kennewick, we value our guest and pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service. As a Marriott Representative our guest are of the upmost importance to us and we strive to make every stay memorable and pleasant. We hope that you give us, The Fairfield Inn an opportunity to accommodate you and your family the next time you are in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I am supposed to be staying here for eight nights and called five hours ago to confirm my reservation and give the front desk my platinum number. I asked if they had me on the top floor and she said she did. I then explained that I would be checking in late, around 9:00PM and she said she would put a note in file to hold the room.

Apparently that conversation was a complete waste of my time. I checked in and was informed that I'm on the first floor and there are no other rooms available and all the other hotels around are sold out. Then she tells me "BUT I CAN MOVE TOMORROW". Unfortunately, I have to work all day tomorrow and every day that I am here..

The girls attitude at the front desk was unbelievably rude, no apology, just an "I don't give a damn" attitude and walked off.

I go to my room and it smells like pet urine. I go back to the front desk and the girl that was working the desk is nowhere to be found so I yell out that the room smells like CAT PISS and she comes out of the breakfast area from watching TV and says she can get something to spray it.

I go back to my room for maybe ten minutes, go back to the front desk, again nobody there, so I yell out "I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO GET SOMETHING TO SPRAY THE ROOM", no reply. I waited about twenty minutes more and still she is nowhere to be found. I happened to have a bottle of Fabreeze in my truck and grabbed that and used half the bottle on the carpet and chair.

Obviously somebody checked in before I did and complained about this room and was given my room. Funny how this whole "reservation" thing works.

I've been here over an hour, been to the desk three times, she's not there, she must still be looking for that spray.......

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Mike C
Jennifer M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Kennewick, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Please accept our deepest apologies. It was not our intentions to not meet your needs upon arrival to the hotel as we strive to provide pleasant experience for all our guest and rewards members. We value your comments as they enable us to further improve our services and exceed the standards our guests expect. We also hope that the remainder of your stay with us is pleasant and problem free for the remainder of your visit.
Newport, Washington
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My wife and I recently stayed for one night at the Kennewick, WA Fairfield Inn. We had a good experience except for the continental breakfast which was below average. It is included in the cost of the room. My wife had the scrambled eggs, which were cold.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Donald E
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed 22 February 2014

upon arriving to check in, it was discovered that my reservation was made with the wrong month. The desk agent changed it for that night, and still honored the discounted rate that was booked. the hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable. breakfast was great. would recommend this hotel, and will def stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
North Bend, Washington
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My husband and myself stayed there the day after Christmas while visiting my daughter and grand sons. I highly recommend staying here at the Marriot Fairfield Inn. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms are very clean and I would rate this place at a 10. Can't say anything negitive about my stay. They make you feel at home the minute you walk thru the door.

Room Tip: We stayed this time on the first floor. Very quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Jennifer M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Kennewick, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Joyce M,

We are happy to hear that your stay with us was so great! We look forward to you staying with us again in the future. Have a wonderful New Year!!

Jennifer M.
Hastings
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Staff took GREAT care of us and we seemed to be centrally located...Although it was kinda cold out...we did brave an early morning walk....when we come back...this will be the place for us....Management was able to answer all of our questions and make suggestions for our trip further east the next day...Kennewick is kinda outta the way...but it is beautiful and the local people seemed pleased for the travellers business.....

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul N
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We had a very nice room. I have special needs and had asked for a room on the first floor close to the door. My room was just as requested. They had lowered the pet fee for the dog show that was in town and that made the hotel within our budget. I normally don't stay in Marriot hotels due to their $75.00 pet fee.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple