“Uh, are you kidding?”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I decided to stay here because the hotel was close to my destination and because it was new. Boy do I regret that decision.

When I checked in, there was one person ahead of me and it still took 20 minutes for me to get my room keys. The rep was good and went over the amenities of the hotel. My room was a different story. First, the bathroom. No toilet paper and no water pressure from the shower. When I say no pressure, it like trying to wash your car when the hose is kinked. A 10 minute quicker shower turned into a 30 minute ordeal.

The room setup was average but the cleanliness was a HUGE disappointment. There was food pieces and used napkins under my bed. Talk about gross. Pretty disappointing for a new hotel let alone a hotel that asks you to rate their facility and then is below a normal standard of CLEAN.

When I checked out the next day no one was in line at the counter. The clerk (different individual from the night before) was sitting on a box with her head buried in her hands. I had to raise my voice to get her attention. She never asked how my stay was or even spoke, she just handed me my bill and say back down. Go figure.

All in all, this facility is below average and the staff need training in customer service 101.

T

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your stay with us. We strive to make the guest feel as comfortable as possible. I will be addressing your concerns and I hope that you will give us second chance to prove to you that this isn't a normal stay. Our expectations are to have immaculately clean rooms. We do room checks on a regular base randomly. I can assure you I will be looking into this matter further. Please know we appreciate your feedback and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

The gal at the front desk upon arrival was friendly and a great help and answered our numerous questions. We would definitely stay here again. Our room was clean, bathroom was clean and the bed very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. Its good to hear my staff is giving good customer service. We strive to be rated #1 in the Tri Cities and to give exceptional customer service.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

got a great deal online and so booked for a night stop while heading to Seattle. Room was very nice, clean, spacious, great for having kids with us. Hotel staff were awesome, friendly and great helps. Their recommendation for dinner was great. Hotel breakfast was better than average. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor we truly take pride in our hotel. We hope that every customer have a enjoyable stay and leaves wanting to come back and stay with us again. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I stayed here over a weekend in April 2013 for a house-hunting trip before I moved to the Tri-Cities to accept a new job. I chose this place because it was pet-friendly and I would have my cat with me for one night (arrived late Fri / early Sat morning, then took her in Saturday morning to the vet to be boarded until I returned). However, although I specified that I'd have my cat with me and clearly had her when I checked in at 1 am, this was never acknowledged and I was not charged a pet fee (yay?).

The hotel had changed from a Cedars to a Red Lion, apparently the day before I made the reservation. The Rad Cab driver was not aware of the change and dropped me off at the other Red Lion at around midnight, peeling off as I trudged inside. That was a delay. Once I arrived at the correct Red Lion, they could not locate my reservation, but I had the online booking receipt and confirmation, so they coughed up a room amidst chatter about whether I was legit (while I was standing there at 1 am with my baggage and cat in tow).

The next day, similar confusion reigned as the rental car person could not locate the hotel. When I asked the front desk girl for the address (since I was waiting in the lobby and thought she might know the address where she worked), she kept insisting that the rental car driver go to a Holiday Inn Express (I think) that was located half a block away because you could see the hotel we were at from the Holiday Inn Express. The frustrated rental car guy insisted that his GPS could locate the hotel if he had the address. Flakey front desk girl for some reason gave him the address of the other hotel, which wasted about half an hour, since he thought I was at the other hotel, because why would a front desk person give me the wrong address to another hotel? Weird ... maybe she was disgruntled about the changeover? Everyone there was constantly confused and asking them the most basic of questions created more chaos.

Intermingled with this confusion was the fact that the place was crawling with 13-year-old soccer team girls who were new to the hotel experience and spent a lot of time sitting in the hallways, chatting and slinging soccer balls at each other. Their coaches and/or chaperones and/or parents or whoever they were hung out in the small lobby breakfast area which was not a bar, but they seemed to make do with their own libations. The girls were behaving better than their purported supervisors, who would attempt to engage one in conversation in slurred speech.

Breakfast was free, but the place was 3-deep in people on both Saturday and Sunday for my stay, so I never ended up eating there. On the bright side, they've probably redone the rooms a bit --- or at least someone on Craigslist was selling armoires hand-over-fist and claiming they were from this hotel -- so things may be on the upswing.

I stayed at several hotels in the Richland-Kennewick area during my interview and moving process. This one I'll steer my friends who aren't 13-year-old soccer prodigies away from, at least during April tournament season.

Room Tip: Make sure you hold onto your confirmation - you'll need it. Ask whether the place will be over-r...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

I apologize for any confusion that may have occurred. Switching over from a new system does have its challenges with learning and changing brand standards. I can assure you that we have overcame all challenges and are focused on making each stay with us pleasant and welcoming. We hope that you do give us a second chance so you can see we have done everything in our power to make all our guests happy.

We are a newer property and the some of the GPS devices do not recognize our address. So to make it easier for our guests we do give them a address that is right next to us so they can find us easier with no hassle.

Thank you for your feedback and again we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night while visiting family. Very clean, great beds and good size room. Everyone I encountered was friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again! Manager's reception was offered but had plans so didn't get to try it. Will next time. The nice thing about this hotel, in addition to being new is that it is off the busy street but a few blocks from restaurants and Columbia Center.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business and appreciate your feedback we hope to see you back soon and hopefully this time you will be able to enjoy the Managers Reception. Happy Travels!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago for about a week I have to say the evening lady Heather went above and beyond to meet my needs she was very friendly it would be nice if all workers would treat their guest the way she does good job Heather

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you so much for rating us on Trip Advisor we strive to be the best hotel in Kennewick everyday! We hope to see you in the near future...

Reviewed 25 June 2013

This was a great room that was walking distance to the Three Rivers Convention Center.

Positive Experience included:
1) The room was freshly updated, and clean.
2) The price was right, as they honor per diem and government rate for business.
3) They had a wonderful free continental breakfast that was more like a full breakfast.

The only downsides to this stay were:

1) they do not have a hot tub at this property (but they do have an indoor pool).
2) I couldn't get onto the internet and the staff didn't seem to know how to either.
3) The staff at the front desk were talking about me right in front of me at check-in (i.e. usually if someone says they are here on business, but not wearing a suit we wouldn't offer the government rate. It was 12a when I checked in, I wasn't going to drive across the state in a suit at that time of night, but I did use my state ID and credit card at checkin).

Depsite those small downsides, I would definitely stay here again. It was a great stay overall, and I was there for a week!

Room Tip: The king bed rooms are huge and include a couch, desk, and TV, and have two closets.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Meagan thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. We apologize for not having the internet available for you to use. I will be addressing the internet with all of the staff so they can trouble shoot with our guests the next time this arises. I do apologize for not having a hot tub as well. We also have been having some training for our new employees and I apologize and will be addressing this with my staff as well. I do hope you had a pleasant stay and I hope that you stay with us again. Thank you again and we strive to be the best ranked hotel in Kennewick!