“Good room but.......”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The room at this Red Lion was a good value and nice. the staff were friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable. However, the fitness facility was terrible, the elliptical machine was unsafe rocking seriously sideways with minimal exertion and none of the controls worked even though it was plugged in. The recumbent bike was stable but was missing a part so it's controls did not work. The treadmill did work. I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have had our maintenance man look into this a little bit further and we will hopefully have our bike fixed soon. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed at this facility overnight on a business trip. The room was clean and neat. The bed was comfortable. There were more than enough outlets for my various electronic devices; the outlets were in convenient places as well. The staff was courteous and helpful.

I will be back on a business in the fall and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding the outlets in the room and your enjoyable stay. We hope to see you in the future for your next business travel.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great room and price. Includes cocktail hour and breakfast. We would stay here again. The air conditioner felt wonderful after a long day on the course. They have a pool , but we did not use it. Easy to find near the freeway, but not noisy.

Room Tip: There was no restaurant or room service so I could not rate it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

We hope you had fun golfing! Thank you for taking the time with the feedback with the hotel. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

This was the cleanest room!!! I'm always a little hesitant about hotels and cleanliness, but not one issue with the room. The staff was friendly and very helpful as well as the hotel was easy to find and a great location. We will be back without a doubt!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. We strive to keep our hotel clean as we know it is important for our guests to feel welcome and comfortable. We hope to see you in the future! Happy travels.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Our client booked a room for a business trip. There was a convention going on so no government rate was available. The client tried to cancel the room the day of expected arrival but was not allowed to. Upon arrival the facility was booked solid and the "king" room had been given away. Client & husband were given a double bed room, but charged for king size. There was no electrical power in the room & when client again asked to be released from the reservation (they had found a room further down the road at less cost), the front desk tried to get approval, but there was no manager available & it was denied. Their experience was extremely stressful and utterly unacceptable. They have reported the incident to the corporate headquarters.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We strive to always give each guest a relaxing stay with us. I will definitely be looking into this matter. We hope that you will give us a second chance to show you this is not how our hotel normally operates. We hope you have good travels in the future!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Room 210. Near an airport but didn't hear a single plane. The staff were helpful and knowledgeable. The room looked nice and was very comfortable. We got a great night's sleep. Restaurants are nearby. The breakfast has variety but there is not a lot of seating if you hit a busy time - we didn't.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We strive to provide all of our guests with the most comfortable experience possible. We hope that you visit us in the near future.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I decided to stay here because the hotel was close to my destination and because it was new. Boy do I regret that decision.

When I checked in, there was one person ahead of me and it still took 20 minutes for me to get my room keys. The rep was good and went over the amenities of the hotel. My room was a different story. First, the bathroom. No toilet paper and no water pressure from the shower. When I say no pressure, it like trying to wash your car when the hose is kinked. A 10 minute quicker shower turned into a 30 minute ordeal.

The room setup was average but the cleanliness was a HUGE disappointment. There was food pieces and used napkins under my bed. Talk about gross. Pretty disappointing for a new hotel let alone a hotel that asks you to rate their facility and then is below a normal standard of CLEAN.

When I checked out the next day no one was in line at the counter. The clerk (different individual from the night before) was sitting on a box with her head buried in her hands. I had to raise my voice to get her attention. She never asked how my stay was or even spoke, she just handed me my bill and say back down. Go figure.

All in all, this facility is below average and the staff need training in customer service 101.

T

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your stay with us. We strive to make the guest feel as comfortable as possible. I will be addressing your concerns and I hope that you will give us second chance to prove to you that this isn't a normal stay. Our expectations are to have immaculately clean rooms. We do room checks on a regular base randomly. I can assure you I will be looking into this matter further. Please know we appreciate your feedback and thank you for your business.