Baymont Inn & Suites Tri-Cities/Kennewick WA
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Newport, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Going home to Newport Oregon from a funeral in Spokane, we stopped into the Baymont, last minute, as we were worn out and ready to rest. I had read a few reviews and it sounded like just what we wanted. Good value for the money.
They only had a Queen and a Jacuzzi room, so we chose the Queen room. (wish I had read all the reviews before checking in)
Staff was very friendly, lobby clean and pleasant. No elevator, but just a few steps up to the level of the "300" rooms. Hubby told me 310, so I turn to the left, he said no no sorry, I meant 301, I was please to see it was a corner room.....and the ice machine was right outside the door, how convenient ...room was small but clean, simple décor, sink outside the bathroom which I like. We settled in, had a snack in the room that we had brought with us, as we were too tired to go out. Front desk called to ask if all was ok, hubby explained the deadbolt seem to be miss aligned and would not close, at all. The said they would make a note. Not a huge issue for us, but a women alone may be upset not being able to lock the door properly.
All of a sudden we hear a sound that was like loud water running, thru very squeaky pipes....didn't take long to figure out it was the ice machine, ok so how bad can it be??? Right...it kicked on every 2 hour or so, just often enough to be annoying as can be.
Then, at 8 pm this LOUD country music was coming thru the walls from the room next door, I was sure no one was there as it had been quiet as a mouse till then, anyway, it goes on for a while, goes off then comes back on....aaaa haaa, someone set the alarm and the radio was going off, quiet as a mouse again. Ok...no problem.....then, 2:45 AM Slam goes the door next to us, crash, slam, bang, Yack Yack Yack thru the very thin wall, I tell my self they will settle down in a few min. Then as if they were a band practicing this keyboard music was vibrating the wall, it stops, ......then LOUDER it goes...I tried the pillow over the head, but was getting ready to call the front desk, when it was turned down somewhat, then just the normal TV sounds....remember this is going on 3:15 by now. So...at the end of my very long story, this is my conclusion, Hotel is nice, clean, friendly, nice selection at breakfast, but by all means AVOID room 301. I would stay again, but not room 301 (after reading, more reviews on the way home, I see that the door deadbolt has been that way for months, and there are many complaints about room 301. I think the manager needs to spend just one night there, and I bet he turns it into a store room. ;-)

Room Tip: AVOID room 301, aside from that the place is very nice, and good value for the money. Good location.