“Wonderful place, needs a little updating”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Kennewick / Tri-Cities
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I am here for work this week and my boss put me up in this hotel and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. The rooms are huge, with a full sitting area with desk, mini fridge and freezer, and sofa. There is also a sink and microwave. The beds are pretty comfy and I have no problem with the pillows. The room is clean and cool in such hot weather.

I went for breakfast this morning, it was nothing to write home about for me, as I don't eat sugary stuff for breakfast. The eggs and sausage were very processed, but hey, it is sustenance and I didn't expect a four star breakfast. If you like waffles, you will love this, you can make your own.

The free cookies at the front desk are tasty as well and Tuesday through Friday, they serve dinner at no charge, first come first served. That is nice. Overall, this hotel is very nice for the price you are paying. It has all the amenities that you need, including do your own laundry, and it is quiet. I will definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: No elevators, but only 2 floors. Bottom floor end is nice and quiet. Try for room 102.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Debbie P, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Kennewick / Tri-Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Our thanks to you for taking the time to write a review for the GuestHouse! Thanks also for the nice remarks about our cleanliness I will pass it on to our housekeeping staff who work hard to provide clean rooms for our guests. In regards to your review I wanted to let you know that we are about to begin a complete update to our property. I will look forward to you staying with us once we are finished. Thank you again.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by this place. For a 2 star hotel it is very clean, well maintained and comfortable. The entire staff is fiendly and helpful. Our room was large, clean and quiet. The breakfast was nothing to write home about but the freshly baked cookies at the front desk were delicious. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the GuestHouse Inn & Suites for your stay. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the time you have taken to review the GuestHouse! Thank you for the compliment to my staff, they do work hard to make our guests feel at home. We will look forward to having us stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Reserved a non-smoking room. Got a stinky smoking room. They'd overbooked and didn't have another room to give us. Room was noisy. As a special bonus we received a toothpick left behind by a previous guest.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Badbart2
Debbie P, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Kennewick / Tri-Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience of not getting your preferred room type. Please feel free to contact me at guesthouekennewick@hotmail.com so we can discuss your stay.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed here with a hotelcoupons.com coupon and got a room for $69. It's a nice place but old and needs updating. The rooms are huge and have refrigerator and microwave. There is a workout room but no pool or spa. The beds were just OK, I've slept on worse but also on much better. The breakfast was just generic hotel breakfast food except for the biscuits and gravy. The Management and staff are very friendly and helpful. I would stay again but not for the rack rate.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tracy R

We appreciate our guests who take time to give their opinion. We are happy that you found the staff helpful, We strive to provide excellent service to our guests. I hope on your next visit you have an opportunity to enjoy one of our fresh cinnamon rolls made daily for breakfast.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Staff is very pleasant to work with. The room was larger than expected with 2 queen beds and a sitting area with sofa. Very clean, quiet, and comfortable. The bed was a little firm but slept well. The hotel is on a busy street but heard no traffic at night. Hot beverage available at night with cookies. Breakfast the usual waffles, oatmeal, serial, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and drinks. The only odd thing is that the hotel does not have an elevator. Access to the second floor is via stairs. Guests with physical limitation must ask for 1st floor room. Otherwise I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking time to write your review for our property. I am glad you found our staff pleasant. Also glad the you had a good stay. My apologies that we do not have an elevator. When you make arrangements to stay with us next time just let us know that you need a ground floor room and we will make every effort to provide one for you. Thanks again and have a great day!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My company had put me up at this hotel, while working. Thinking that this place was going to be a S@#! Hole! I was definitely impressed, this place was verry clean they served a great breakfast, and some times also included dinner. Not to mention the great staff this place has. Jenae one of the many great staff members made it a verry pleasurable stay, she was verry knowlageable about places to eat, and things todo in town. This as well made it a great stay. Thank you jenae for making my experience at the GuestHouse inn!! I can see why my company chooses this place for us to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DennisDavis80
Debbie P, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Kennewick / Tri-Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dennis, We appreciate the time you have taken to review our hotel. All of our guests are important to us and we appreciate the feedback to know that we are able to make your stay away for home a good one. We look forward to you staying with us next time you are in town!

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Last year I took a job at Columbia Generating Station in Richland and I went to another hotel about a mile away. Five minutes in I had to get out. It was terrible but I called around and found Guest House and it was 100 times better for just a few dollars more. Jenae helped me with reservations and she was exceptional the whole time I was there. To be honest the whole staff was but she was my favorite. If you're in the area and can't afford to stay at the Westin this is the place for you!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you Robert, for taking the time to share your experience while you stayed here. We enjoyed having you and your fellow co-workers here during the shut down and look forward to having you all stay with us again the next time you are in the area!