“Keep Driving! There is nothing special here.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Kennewick

La Quinta Inn & Suites Kennewick
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
FLSTCKT
“Keep Driving! There is nothing special here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2010

I travel ALOT.
My company shacked me up here for the first time, I am SO SORRY to be here for 2 days. From the first discussion at the front desk where they couldn't find my reservation, (always prepaid by my company) I had similar looks in a foreign country when I wasn't dressed appropriately for a lobby but, long noses in Kennewick? THE STAFF HERE NEEDS A REALITY CHECK!
If you want to feel welcome, keep driving! Don't let this hotel do you any favors.
The coffee cups in my room had not been washed, makes me want to climb right in bed!
So.... a dip in the spa, NO, the spa is broken and waiting for parts....
Next morning, after working until 11PM, I went down just before nine...too late, those continental goodies including prefab circles of eggs and hash browns to go were picked up, all gone...and I wasn't the only one looking...Even though several people were in the lobby, where customer service could have taken main stage......I was back in the room at 9:14 with 2 cold eggs circles and 2 greasy hash brown formed to fit in your fist. YUM!
I know, it said 9AM... Perhaps 10 would be a better time to close up breakfast...
A recent renovation should have included the attitudes of the staff!
Drove around trying to find a place to eat, well this location doesn't lend itself to options. It was poring down rain but if you want Home Depot and Wal Mart this is the hotel for you! Otherwise, just down the road are reasonable options in the parking lot of the mall where options abound for food, fashion and fun!
The other thing I noticed is a lot of police traffic, appropriate for a place whose roads go from 70 MPH to 50 MPH to 35 MPH in the space of two miles! Watch the speed limits!

Tri Cities is a beautiful Place! This hotel is not.
Small things that irritate you after yu are already mad:
The refrigerator sits on the floor and the micro sits on top of that, and the whole thing sits under a counter!
Hope your back isn't sore from all that driving!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank FLSTCKT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Victoria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2009

Arrived early for check in, no problem. Hotel is at the junction of a couple of busy roads but the noise wasn't too bad if you get a room on the back side of the hotel.

Room was average, beds were comfortable. Older hotel with dated furnishings.
Good dog area to the side of the hotel.

Breakfast was poorly done, apparently the night person hadn't finished setting it up properly and the desk clerk was doing it. No hot food or even hard boiled eggs.

As it was cold there were a couple of trucks that had parked beside the hotel with their engines running all night, we were on the other side of the hotel so this didn't bother us but I imagine it would have bothered the people on the other side.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2009

This room was beautifully decorated and spacious with all the extras i.e. microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, high speed internet connection, etc. It was very clean with comfortable bed and lots of pillows. The full hot complimentary breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2009

After camping for three days in Yellowstone/Grand Teton and four days in Glacier, we needed good showers and comfy beds. In our planning, we knew we were going to spend the night somewhere in between Glacier and Crater Lake, and that ended up being Kennewick, WA.

At this point, we were on the last leg of our trip, and were trying to be as frugal as possible, but at the same time, we had been hiking and camping for the past week, and wanted to treat ourselves. Our previous road trip hotel experience left us reeling. The Wingate was like an oasis to us. Clean and pretty rooms! Wireless that actually worked! An indoor pool and spa! A gym! Thank you Wingate, for being an oasis in the middle of 18-wheeler truck stops and motor homes.

Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2009

This motel is just off the main hwy, which was why I chose it. However, there are 2 others within walking distance that are much newer and would have sufficed just as well, but they are also more expensive. We stayed here because it was less expensive than the other 2, and we only needed comfortable beds and WiFi to be contented for the night.

I have stayed at La Quinta's before in various places around the US; some are most definitely better than others. But, I usually found them a pretty good value, comfortable, and up to date. However, this LQ is not a particularly good value, considering the other motels close by are newer, have better food, more amenities and are only $10 - $20 more a night.

I had read the reviews, but knew they were old, so I wasn't sure if anything was different since the last dated one. I wasn't sure if it would have consistent WiFi or comfortable beds. Actually, we would have been fine without WiFi, as we could have just watched some free TV, but since I had no book to read and was in the midst of watching The Tudors series on Netflix, I was hoping to watch another episode that night.

I mentioned the reviews I'd read here to the desk clerk. He assured us there was fast WiFi, new bath/showers, new, very comfortable beds, and a mini fridge in all the rooms. He only had 6 rooms left (which I didn't doubt as the parking lot was full) and said I could see them all if I wanted to. I agreed to check them out. My hopes were not set very high though. After seeing the available rooms, I chose the best of them. It was on the backside, midway down the hall, which meant no early morning sun and also was 2 stories up rather than being a ground floor room. Safety is an issue for me too.

Now for the ratings:
The beds are new and very comfortable, as were the linens. Score = 5.
The pillows, while feather, were not so good. The feathers poked me! Score = 2.
I had my own pillow so I used it instead.
The tub/shower my daughter used and said it was good. Score = 4.
However, the tub/shower room was cramped and hot, the exhaust fan was loud and was not on a separate switch from the light, nor did the fan work very well. Score = 2.
New low flow toilet rates a 5.
The sink in our room was chipped and the fixtures on it were old too, but it was clean. Score = 2.5
The room was cramped, but that wasn't really an issue for us as we were only staying one night. Score = 3
The room was pretty clean, where I looked that is. Score = 4
Room was pretty quiet. Score = 4
There was a distinct bad smell in the hall outside our door around midnight, but it didn't seep into the room. I think the smell was either pool chemicals, cleaning solution, or insecticide. I chocked on it when I went to get something in our car. Score = 1
Decor of lobby and pool area was very outdated. It looked like it was late 50's style. Score = 1
The breakfast was of very poor quality. Terrible, off-brand yogurt that wasn't easy to find as it was put away from the rest of the food. I almost missed it altogether. Thin, disgusting looking gravy for the biscuits and gravy (again a very cheap food and terrible for one's health too). No fresh fruit. No fresh eggs. No meats. I think there were waffles, but honestly, the whole buffet turned my stomach. The coffee was only so-so and I detest Styrofoam cups with a passion as they are terrible for the environment and they leak estrogen-like hormones when they come into contact with hot foods or liquids. Score = 1

We don't usually eat breakfast early in the morning, just coffee or tea before 10 am for us. But since I knew it would be a few hours before we got to our next destination, and we needed something to help us wake up for the drive, I recommended we just go to the Starbucks across the street before we left town. I never go to Starbucks, as I detest their coffee (it tastes burnt to me and I'm an organic eater too), and their pastries are also usually too high in cholesterol for me, but apparently, they have just introduced some healthier pastries; so, I figured I'd suffer with their coffee and a low fat muffin. I actually didn't eat most of the muffin as it was bland for a blueberry muffin.

My final thoughts: Had I done a little more planning, I probably would have stayed at another motel. But this LQ was not the worst place I've stayed by any means. I've stayed at better places and also had bedbugs bite me all night too. I would probably skip this place the next time, if I come through here again, which isn't likely tho.

• Stayed July 2009
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2009

Relatively new hotel, but not being kept up. The carpet in our room had big spots, the paint was scraped from the walls.

A lot of noise from nearby 395. Breakfast was average, the beds are lumpy.

I would not stay at this place again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank travel1234563
kirklandwa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2009

Our lacrosse team had a weekend tournament and stayed here with great satisfaction! The lobby was perfect for the breakfasts, lounging in front of the TV and our group dinner where they allowed outside food in. They also let us use the banquet room to review the day's hightlights - I hear some hotels charge a fee, Wingate did not. The rooms were spacious enough for 10 teenagers playing video games! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2009