“Very good stay. But the second floor smelled like stale...”
Review of Super 8 Kennewick

Super 8 Kennewick
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Reviewed 20 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I here every 4 weeks. The staff is very friendly. Rooms are clean and hotel is remodeling. Good value

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The room smelled so bad I kept checking our shoes to see if somebody had stepped in something. It was awful. The carpet was stained in many places so I thought maybe the former occupants had a dog in the room. However, I discovered when I turned off the heat and opened the window that the smell dissipated. The free breakfast was pretty pathetic. There was one waffle maker with a really long waiting line. Then they ran out of batter. The rest of the choices were pretty slim. We left with nothing to eat. We requested a roll away bed. It was a plastic covered mattress torn completely across in several places so the padding was sticking out and sharp plastic edges were poking up. It was worn so thin that the mattress actually sagged between the metal bars that formed the frame under the mattress. This was covered by a single sheet and one blanket! I'm not exaggerating. Unbelievable! All other lodging in the area was sold out that weekend for state cross country meet, so we were stuck. I couldn't wait to check out.

The indoor pool and hot tub were the one nice feature and the girls at the front desk were very pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank A A
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This motel is undergoing a renovation. I have stayed here many times in the last six months and my room has always been clean. The Front Desk staff is always friendly and helpful. The free breakfast includes fresh waffles, hard boiled eggs and fresh fruit plus the normal cereals, muffins, and toast. There is an indoor pool that is open year around. A definite plus when traveling with family. Several resturants are within easy walking distance including Applebee's, Texas Roadhouse, Red Robin, Shari's and Carl's Jr. All around good place to stay in the Tri Cities area.

Room Tip: I have always stayed on the side away from Columbia Blvd.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I was told that I was required to put a $100 deposit to the room in case of damages because " people from this area tend to trash the rooms" and when I checked out that morning somone had to go and check my room before I left, that was flat out insulting. I was profiled as a reckless person?, and was in a sence told that to my face. I understand that I showed up late from a red eye flight and needed a place to put my feet up for the night and I profile people for a living, but I would never assume a 30 year old male wearing slacks and a sweater, and getting a 1 bed room by himself would be profiled as somone looking to "party the night away".
The girl that checked me out was more pleasent to deal with and had informed me that the girl working that night didnt know what she was doing but did confirm that it wasnt just company policy to do so.
Nothing about that room was worth $60 or a $100 damage deposit. I would more than tolerated it if i was more welcome but If I had seen that room before I got there I would have gone down the street and paid $100 for a mediocher room at the red lion. The paint though out the building was a very poor cheap job, weak clenliness, above that it smells as if the ventalation is not working, very humid and muskey and so on. I understand that you get what you pay for but no way would I ever go there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo