“Awesome!”

Clover Island Inn Kennewick
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

This was an absolutely delightful stay. Staff very friendly, breakfast was top of the line, lots of variety and selection. Would definitely stay there again. The views of the Columbia River were breathtaking. Plus what I also found very nice the hotel also let a group of walkers use their parking lot for a breast cancer awareness fund raiser!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
There are newer reviews for Clover Island Inn Kennewick

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed at the Clover Island Inn 2 nights over the memorial day weekend. I had read the reviews and noted that it could be noisy and needing a face lift. What convinced me to book was the free bikes (26 mile bike trail along the Columbia right there) and being right on the Columbia River not to mention the shuttle to/from the airport (which I figured out after I booked). I do agree that the place needs some TLC and a bit of an investment to freshen it up........but really you can't beat the location, shuttle, bikes (functional, not fancy) and breakfast. It also appears that the city had recently done some major improvements to the waterfront area by the hotel and there were two restaurants within a half a block away where you could eat.

I also slept really well. Comfy beds and the staff were super friendly.

Overall a good deal for the little amount of time I actually spent at the hotel during my stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CUT-C
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed at your property over the weekend with our bowling league group and thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Our last trip to Tri-Cities was probably about 20 years ago. We loved the location and closeness to the River. Your staff was very accommodating to our every request. We enjoyed a great Prime Rib dinner in your restaurant as well. Your generous breakfast buffet was a delight! I would not hesitate in recommending your property to friends and family traveling to Kennewick. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank The_Minkman
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stayed here during a business trip. Room smelled a little like smoke. I think either coming thru the vents. Once I opened the window there was no issue. Rooms are older. Hotel was basically clean. There is a pool and an on site restaurant and bar. I got to the restaurant just before closing and they were happy to accommodate. Ask for a high floor.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I really feel for this place. It's got a great marina location with the river and trail on its front steps, but the place is shabby (not shabby chic, just shabby). I can't say that I'm surprised; it is in Kennewick, after all. What this place needs is a fresh coat of paint and new decor and she'd be good as new! It was just a little too retro for my liking. Still, it was clean enough and had a decent breakfast (besides the French toast that I was really excited about — it was a total letdown).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spankyandsarah
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Disclaimer: this hotel is not the Ritz. But as far as I can tell, they certainly don't claim to be. Calling it retro is probably a bit... kind. However, it's clean, the people are friendly and they were totally ok with our dog. The pool area is really beautiful, the deck looks right out on the water. It's a gorgeous location overall- and tucked away on an island so it feels like a secret. Not the most soundproof rooms, but we stayed mid-week so it was quiet overall. The bed was plenty comfy, the air conditioning worked - we slept well. As far as previous reviews re:smells, there is a coffee maker in the room. I always open up the coffee packet in the room and it takes any musty smells out. The hotel didn't smell bad by any means, but it isn't a new property as they clearly state. Breakfast was simple but good. They also have bikes for hotel guests. Really fun touch.

Overall, it's a mini-adventure (in a fun way). We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank andseemingly
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Nice big hotel with a great view of the Columbia River (for $10 extra). Nice people at reception, large clean room. Air conditioner worked great. Pool was packed so took advantage of the Crow's Nest restaurant, good food and great views again. Big hot breakfast in the morning, too. Only negative was pretty thin walls. Could hear the neighbors doing the dirty and then snoring.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for a river view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple