“The best night's sleep I've ever had!”

Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Reviewed 13 July 2009

We first found this hotel while searching for the best value. We found this hotel for $94 each night for a Friday - Sunday night stay. What a bargain!!
Upon arrival we found a plate of freshly baked cookies at the check-in counter and very friendly staff. Our room was very spacious and nicely decorated. The highlight of my night was when I crawled between the bed covers. The pillow top bed and fluffy covers and pillows were absolutely heavenly. I had 2 of the best night's sleep of my life! The hotel was crowded but it was very quiet in the rooms.
I used the pool, hot tub and fitness room and they were all great as well.
The absolute only bit of advice that I would have for this hotel would be to offer some breakfast items free of charge. I may have misunderstood, but when we were deciding whether to have breakfast at the hotel, the staff told us that the entire breakfast buffet was 9.95 per person. We didn't stay to eat, although the breakfast area was immaculate and there were many things to choose from. We just weren't hungry enough to eat 9.95 worth of food.
I would love to take my hotel room home with me because I loved it! This is a super great value for a place that you will sleep like a baby!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank heidikayberg

Reviewed 22 July 2008

I've stayed at this hotel before, and have always had a decent experience (which is why I'm not giving it a Terrible score)....until now.
As I walked to my room on the third floor (room 304), I noticed a horrible smoky smell. All of the rooms on one side of the hall in this "wing" are smoking, and non-smoking on the other side of the hallway. This has to be some of the worst planning of all time. I am actually sitting in my room right now, and am motivated to write my first hotel review ever. Maybe it's my growing headache from the smell, maybe it's the stupidity of the floor plan (kind of like how restaurants used to have smoking and non-smoking right next to eachother so there was no distinguishing to the two sections), maybe it's the fact that smoking is prohibited in public indoor spaces in Washington State...yet here I am breathing in somebody elses cigarettes. For the record, I don't care if people smoke, but if I ask for a non-smoking room, I don't really want to be breathing in smoke all night....and end up stinky when I go to my work meeting in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank SadieSeattle
Reviewed 23 June 2008

The HGI Kennewick is an all around great place to stay. We've been there one other time, but this trip wasn't planned (funeral), so we were trying to watch our budget. There are a lot of gross hotels in the Tri-Cities, so beware, and the safe bet is with a brand name. This HGI has the new linen collection, extremely clean rooms, professional front desk staff and very friendly housekeeping staff. While I didn't interact with the maintenance team, they must be good, as nothing was in disrepair. The location is convenient to restaurants and freeways. I definitely recommend the hotel to business and leisure travelers alike. -Cari & family

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2008

Great hotel. The check-in was quick and the location is right across from the Toyota Center. The mall and all the restaurants are very close. The room was nice and the beds great. The walls are a bit thin so one can hear the other rooms. They have a good buffet breakfast but it costs 10.00 which is still a good deal when compared to the junk you get at other hotel's free breakfasts. I was very impressed overall.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed 23 May 2007

Really liked this hotel - was very clean, comfortable, staff very helpful. Had lots of great ammenties - including guest laundry , pantry, etc.

Just right for the price and location.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2007

This stay was one for the books, plumbing-wise. Faced with a malfunctioning toilet in our room, my husband reported the problem to the front desk, and was told there was no one available to deal with this. So he asked if they at least had a plunger we could use. The clerk said, "No." My husband then asked, "How about a new room?" She replied,"We'll look for a plunger." A few minutes later she called back to say they had found a plunger, which he could pick up at the desk. He trotted down, brought the plunger back to the room, and fixed the toilet. A short time later, the desk clerk called to ask how things were. I told her things were okay now. She then asked if we could leave the plunger outside our room, because another guest had need of one!

Not the sort of service you'd expect from a three-star (or any) hotel.

1  Thank WashingtonSallyForth
Reviewed 16 October 2006

My wife and I are Hilton Diamond HHonors members. We stayed at this property in mid-October. Making our reservation was a snap on Hilton's web-site. The property is conveniently located off a main road (with many dining and shopping options) and across the street from the Toyota Arena. if you're traveling through the Tri-Cities on I-82, it takes only minutes to reach this property. Having stayed at both this HGI property and the Hampton Hotel, we have opted for the Hilton Garden Inn for a number of reasons, including the f act that you don't get attacked by flies at the HGI like you do at the Hampton, and that the HGI is a newer physical plant with updated features.

Oddly, guest rooms at this HGI (or at least the ones we've had on our five or six visits) are smaller than at any other HGI properties we've ever stayed at. Rooms have everything a guest would need, from a micro-fridge, microwave oven, coffee maker, to no-charge high-speed internet service. Our room was clean but not spotless as we're used to finding at HGI's. Bedding was comfortable if conventional (no comforters like we have had at a number of other HGI locations).

For less than US$90, our room rate made this property an acceptable overall value and we will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank West_Linn_Travelers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennewick
Homewood Suites by Hilton Richland
SpringHill Suites Kennewick Tri-Cities
Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center
Hampton Inn Richland / Tri-Cities
3 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kennewick
Hampton Inn Kennewick at Southridge

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick? Share your experiences!