Best Western Plus Kennewick Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Kennewick Suites(Kennewick)
Econo Lodge(Kennewick)
View Hotel
All reviewsbest westernsgreat place to staywarm cookieswednesday nightgreat breakfasttri city areamany choiceswafflesthe breakfast areavery nice hotelsausagebreakfast buffetopen hourscomfortable bedseasy accessoff the highwayhot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2010

We stayed here for our 12 year olds baseball tournament. The hotel catered to our requests and needs and put up with us "herding the cats". The facility is in amazing shape. Great rooms, pool, laundry facilities, etc. The breakfast is awesome and the seating is plentiful. There are multiple small get together areas around the hotel. Management was awesome upon every request and even let us use the breakfast area for a pizza get together just as long as we cleaned up. The location is about 8 minutes out from all the local attractions, but at it's intersection has fast food options, Walgreens and gas stations. For the extra $25 a night you are going to pay over the lower end hotels, this one is well worth it!

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 20 July 2010

We loved this hotel. We added on an additional night. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The buffet breakfast and milk/cookies can't be beat!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2010

This hotel was a great value. The complimentary breakfast was extensive (belgian waffles, etc.). The staff was unusually nice: not in a fake customer-service way but in a genuinely nice person way. We checked in late (after midnight) and had no problems with our reservation. The rooms were clean and spacious.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2010

Liked breakfast, beds and permanent frequent stay points.
Internet is real weak. Located 5 minutes out of the way. No ice machine on 3rd floor.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2010

I always find it difficult to assign a certain number of stars as a rating. I hate to give 5 stars or just one star unless it is either completely crappy or totally excellent. I gave this hotel 4 stars and to me that is very good. Also, how can I give the hotel/room even 4 stars when I stayed in a 1500 square foot suite at the MGM Grand with 7 tv's a pool table, and two master suites that blows away this hotel and that suite was only $100 more a night but included all meals all day for two people?

This is my third stay here in about two year's time. My dad has also stayed here once and enjoyed it. My wife's parents live a couple miles away and when we come here I have got to have my own space, even if it means paying for a hotel. I don't like staying at other people's places. My wife's family is fairly big and everybody under one roof wears on my patience especially when small kids are involved.

Kennewick is pretty small so this hotel is close to everything I guess. In the same parking lot is a McDonalds, which has a Tillamook ice cream desert bar thing that I have not seen at other McDonalds. Next to that is a Burger King and a very short walk away from the hotel is a Super Walmart. It might be a regular Walmart..can't recall.

If you want to cross the street, there is a Starbucks, a Home Depot, a Walgreens and a few other stores. There is a Subway about a block down the road.

This hotel has always been clean for us. There is plenty of free parking. An indoor pool is open 24 hours a day and they have a fitness center. They state that they provide complimentary toiletries if you forget yours. I don't know what all is included with that.

There are a few vending machines downstairs with pop and snacks and the front desk sells a few items like microwave mac and cheese, chocolate bars, ice cream, and a few other little things.

The hotel is three stories tall and is currently undergoing a remodel to its rooms. 2/6/2010. We have always just stayed in the king bed room. The beds are comfortable and I think our room has been updated. We have a Vizio flat panel tv about 32 inches maybe.Last time we had a tube tv and I passed a few rooms that still had a tube tv. This morning they had huge rolls of carpet in the parking lot and they were gutting some rooms and replacing the carpet, furniture, etc. Our room has a mini-fridge, microwave with a wet bar type area and coffee maker.

There is a desk, a 6 drawer dresser, two end tables next to the bed, a coffee table and a 3-4 person couch. Another end table exists next to the other end of the couch. The room is equipped with a heater/air conditioning unit. There are 4 lamps, a few wall sconces and a ceiling light by the door. The drapes are pretty much black out shades concerning the light coming in.

As for the tv, they put it on top of the dresser which is awkward if you are lying in bed because you really have to tilt your chin to your chest to see it comfortably. I simply put my carry on luggage on the dresser and sat the tv on top. It is a really light tv. Probably about 20 lbs or so. This helps raise it up. (We have a 50 inch plasma in our master bedroom at home and it is mounted within about 6 inches of the ceiling and tilted down. Works great)

The carpet in this apparently remodeled room seems decent (tasteful) and there is decent (tasteful) looking wallpaper on all the walls. The bathroom is painted a spa green color and it is a little crowded for space. The water is hard here which is quite obvious when showering since soap doesn't lather up well and it feels very odd.

The counters in the bathroom and the minibar area have granite counter tops. The mini bar has a stainless steel sink and the bathroom an under mount china sink.

As you enter the entry door there is a doorless closet area which has hangars, an iron and an ironing board.

There are several cable/satellite channels. Don't know how many exactly. They also have music channels on the tv.

Wireless internet is available for free here and requires no password to log on. I can stream videos with little or no lag. Next door at McDonalds they also have free wireless internet that started nationwide in Jan 2010.
The literature states there is a room safe here somewhere which necessitates getting a key from the front desk in order to use it. I have looked high and low and have not seen a room safe here. I feel safe enough though so it hasn't been an issue.

There are three sides to this hotel. One side faces Walmart, one side faces the major highway and the other side faces the hotel parking lot and a five lane road. We stayed on the highway side a couple times and it was decently quiet. This trip we stayed on the parking lot side and have been less happy about that. Last night, 5 cars of punk teenagers decided to camp out here and bump their music after midnight while running around the parking lot and screaming. After 10 minutes or so I shouted a bunch of swear words at them and told them shut the hell up (nicely put). They actually said sorry and left.

It was so quiet the first night that the wife and I had a hard time sleeping.
We usually sleep with the noise of a fan running. I actually had to go to Walmart next door to buy a noisy box fan to help me/us sleep.

At 6pm they serve hot cookies. I called about 5:30 to find out when they would be served since I keep reading about them but have not actually seen the cookies. I was told 6. I arrived at 6:02 after I had passed a bunch of weight watcher eligible chunky chicks that had their hands full of chocolate chip and macadanian nut cookies. When I arrived at the cookie area, it was surrounded by the the same kids that apparently followed me from my Turks trip ( I reviewed that on here) a few weeks ago. They had wiped out the remaining decent cookies and the only cookies left were some undercooked oatmeal raisin type of cookie. To quote the kids, they "raided" the cookies. So in a matter of two minutes, the cookies were essentially gone. Not too happy about that. If you advertise something it should be available for a reasonable amount of time. Kind of like the Black Friday crap when they have one laptop computer really cheap, yet everybody wants the one laptop.

The complimentary breakfast here is served between 6 am and 10 am. It includes eggs, bacon, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, some fruit, yogurt, various coffees, teas, orange juice, apple juice, milk, orange guava juice, various flavors of instant oatmeal, different flavors of bagels, cinnamon bread, muffins, make your own waffles with butter, whipped cream or strawberries. They also had 3 varieties of cold cereals. I only had the juice, bagels and waffles. All was tasty.

Our advertised price was about $110 a night. I used the MVP promotion code for 10 percent off.

Across the street is the La Quinta hotel. I think it is relatively new because the old La Quinta is right next to it with a few vinyl banners on it advertising the Baymont Hotel. Brother in law stayed at Baymont and wasn't too happy. I think La Quinta is about $20 a night or so cheaper but I didn't want to experiment. I am happy staying here and I don't know if the other hotels offer what this place does.

There are also two complimentary papers available in the lobby. One is USA today and the local paper I think.

Pets under 20 lbs are allowed here for a $10 non refundable fee. That is a fee for the stay, not per night I was told.

The hotel has no odd odors or perfume type smells like many I have been in.

The stairs and hallway do transmit footstep sounds quite easily. ( there is an elevator though) This was very apparent today when a bunch of birthday party kids were running up and down the hallway.

If I had to come up with a negative I could say that I think the hotel is a little on the pricey side for this one horse town. I am cheap and frugal when I can be. I don't think a standard hotel should be more than around $80 a night and that is high to me.

Feel free to email me with any questions. I am sure I left something out and once this is posted it can't be edited.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple