“Very large suite in a quiet area.”

Ramada Kent Seattle Area
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed 2 days for business. Had a suite in the rear of the hotel, with an outside entrance. The walls are a little thin and this part of the hotel is a little older; bathroom was pretty clean with a few areas where the grout was getting dark. Rooms are large and fairly comfortable. Bed was great! had a small balcony that would be pretty comfortable in the summer months! The kitchen had some silverware and utensils and dishes, but lacked salt and pepper, etc.. no diswasher but the water heater works great! The lobby and breakfast area is very clean and modern with a the normal Holiday Inn breakfast fare..very satisfying. Staff were always freindly and accomodating. I would recommend it for any business stay in the Kent area. Felt pretty safe in the area and there is a family restaurant right next door! Had a pretty good chinese take out place near here too!

Room Tip: I found the suites in the rear to be very nice and clean and a lot of space!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jack50
Bellesen, Guest Experience Champion at Ramada Kent Seattle Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Hello Jack50,

We are very pleased to know you enjoyed your recent stayed at our property. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and your recommendations. We hope to see you again sometime soon!

Guest Experience Champion

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I always enjoy staying in this hotel because we get upgraded to a Jacuzzi room. Breakfast is delicious and abundant and the rooms are clean. It is an older building, but it is kept clean. The Restaurant (Mitzell) next to the hotel is also very convenient for lunches and dinners. I just wish they quit using those tiny pillows. They are smaller than the standard sizes. It is not enough even for a small person like me.

Room Tip: I have only stayed in jacuzzi rooms both times I stayed here and it was in the same row and same com...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Hello Chat2travel,

We appreciate your preference and your helpful feedback. It is nice to know you enjoy our breakfast and our jacuzzi rooms when you stay with us. As for the pillows, please feel free to visit our pillow menu on your next visit so we can help you find a pillow that suits you better. Once again, thank you for your feedback and if there's anything else we can help you with, feel free to contact us.

Guest Experience Champion

Reviewed 28 September 2013

My husband got bed bug bites from a hotel cot. We spoke directly to staff during our stay; they did nothing. Upon our return home, I made several attempts to contact their corporate office and additionally sent a written complaint along with pictures directly to the hotel management. I have yet to receive a response, months later. I am disgusted with this hotel, their lack of care, concern and customer service. We will NEVER stay at another Holiday Inn. We will make sure to spread the word about this awful experience, and all of the additional money, time and energy we spent in cleaning bills and new luggage, upon our return home.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Kent Seattle Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Anna F,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Seattle Kent, WA. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stay at this great affordable, comfortable, conveniently located hotel every time we go to Kent to visit our grandchildren who live just a few miles away. The people are so helpful, and treat us like family when we call and when we arrive. The GM, Jeetu Chaudhry, has a great team and we will continue to stay here on every trip we make to Kent.

Room Tip: They have a very nice 1 bedroom suite that we like.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Spent 3 nights here on business and it was very well located to Seatac and my appointments in Auburn. Adjoining restaurant was a plus and free breakfast exceeded my Holiday Inn expectations (as good as Hampton Inn).

The style of the hotel is 1970's or 80's, 2 floor walkup, all exterior doors, surrounding a very nice pool area. Lots of families at the pool in the evenings as well as smokers on the benches. My room had some past water damage but had been repaired properly. Bathroom was showing its age too but everything worked and the quality of soaps/shampoo was better than Hampton Inn.

For the price it was a good value and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Could be noisy if you have a pool fronting room. Also, if you have limited mobility pick a "dow...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We are a group of 6 people (3 are teens and two seniors) I booked through hotwire last minute since the previous booking (travelodge by airport only provided 1 bed each room and need more to get extra bed) depsite I specified 3 persons each room for 2 rooms. We only needed one night stay to catch Sunday's cruise on 9/01/13. Hotwire is very accommandating to book this up without addtional charge. It was always good to confirm with hotel directly after booking thru third party travel website to avoid surprise.

This was a very nice upgrade and lucky considering the peak season in seattle when there was no room available at all and we did not book it until 08/27/13 for our 08/31/13 one night stay fior 2 rooms.

Despite 15 minutes away from airport, they have a complimentary personalized van pick up. Even nice compliementary ride to nearby attraction and restaurants. The room is spacious with full size kitchen.

The entire staff is very helpful and curtesy. Front desk staffs provided great information about nearby attraction and dinner suggestions and told me about the complimentary shutter service to dinner. We went to the greatwall shopping center. I was so surprised the shopping center like a mini China town. Very pleased with the restaurants there. great suggestion from the staff.
Also consulted with front desk and studied map, I decided to take train Sound link from airport to get to my cruise port. This saved me a ton of money $8 for all 6 of us instead of $54 the cheapest flat for hire company (if the 6 passage van is available). Otherwise, $88 or $150 go through cruise transfer from airport one way) for all 6 of us. Thanks for the staff help.

The breakfast was great. it was not busy at 10am as previous review said. Great hot breakfast selection. Very pleased.
I stayed in first floor suite near pool area and I did not notice noise.

Yes, there is one spider in the shower wall. But overall, the room is clean and fresh.
Overall, no complaint at all. I will for sure stay again for my next trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights; the first prior to flying to Denver and upon our return. The first night we were in a standard room. Average room that was clean and comfortable. We were upgraded on our return from Denver in a first floor suite. Although it was a nice large room, the bathroom seemed like an afterthought and was tiny. The bathroom counter was set way too low and was awkward to use. The room smelled musty.

About 1 am, the person(s) in the room above returned. I'm thinking this isn't going to be good since I could really hear their footsteps. They must have gone straight to bed since I fell asleep but was woken with a start in the morning. As they were walking around, I thought somebody was in our suite. Loud and disturbing; thank goodness they didn't have any kids running around.

Avoid the first floor suites if you don't want to hear people walking around upstairs.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Kent Seattle Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear DuncanMusicman,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to help us continually improve our guests services.

I am concerned to read that your experience was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the noise challenges you have encountered and sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Although we cannot account for the actions of our other guests, we can work to smooth uncomfortable situations to make all guests feel comfortable and welcomed. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to us. It is only with both positive and negative feedback that we can strive to improve our service to our guests and I do hope that you give us again the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area
Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent
La Quinta Inn & Suites Auburn

Been to Ramada Kent Seattle Area? Share your experiences!