“great people & service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Kent Seattle Area

Ramada Kent Seattle Area
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Kent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Turkish first
Chugiak, Alaska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I've stayed in nicer Motel 6s than this. Holiday Inn needs to rip the franchise away from these people. The rooms are in very poor condition and obviously haven't been updated since the 80s. They have pillows that are sized for munchkins and the rooms are filthy. You will hear every noise that the people above you make during the night and will get no sleep. The front desk staff were very nice but they can only do so much. When I complained, Management's only offer was another night for free. I told them they could not pay me to stay there another night.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Tracy R
Norfolk, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night after late flight into Seattle before moving on to final destination. 24 hour airport shuttle was convenient. Hospitality was good. Condition of the hotel was well below standards with exterior access, rooms falling apart, and non smoking rooms smelling like the entire staff had just taken their smoke break in it. Would not stay again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gabeha
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Kent Seattle Area, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear gabeha,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations.

I read with much concern the troubles you have encountered during your stay. I sincerely apologize for we fell below your standards on the hotel condition and truly sorry for the dissatisfaction you had with the smell. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I am truly sorry if we were not able to deliver this to you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We deeply regret that you did not receive the level of service that we strive so hard to achieve. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I just stayed at theSeattle-Kent Holiday Inn and Suites, located .85 miles from the Seattle International Airport -- I 405 to 167 S -- easy. The price, location and service are excellent. You can walk from the hotel under cover next door to Mitzel's American Kitchen family restaurant and put the tab on your hotel bill. The hotel and restaurant staff are friendly and most helpful. Free newspaper and hot breakfast in the morning. To underscore their fine service --- they had the airport shuttle van follow me to the airport rental car drop off, so that I could drop off my car 12 hours early. I returned to the hotel in the van, which I took back to the airport early the next morning. Real service!

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the exercise room. The front desk did this for me without me asking.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank WmFrancis
Port Orchard, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

The location is great with lots of stuff near by. The front desk gave us easy to follow directions several times to find thing we were looking for.
We stayed in the main building and it was just ok, nothing special. The building does seem old. It does appear to have updates but the carpets are stained and old looking and the walls in the hallway had stains on the walls.
The room was clean and comfortable with a fridge and microwave. The remote control was missing the back so it had tape on it :/ and the window looked like it had a leak and was a little rotten.
They have the normal free breakfast in the morning and it was great.
It served it's purpose. The rate was great and I felt safe

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Kent Seattle Area, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Kelly T,

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

The exterior of this hotel is dated. Don't stop there! The overall customer service was incredible!! The staff went above and beyond for every request. I would definitely stay there again. Loved having laundry facilities onsite!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ShirleyGirl22
Bellesen, Guest Experience Champion at Ramada Kent Seattle Area, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear ShirleyGirl22,

It is very rewarding to know our hotel staff was able to provide you with the service you deserve! We will make sure to thank them for their wonderful job. We are looking forward to seeing you again. Thank you for your great feedback, it is very much appreciated.

Guest Experience Champion
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

I had a one night stay here on my last night in Seattle for business. The front desk clerk was very friendly and confirmed my room as a "suite" and issued me my key. As others have said, it's only about 15 minutes from SeaTac airport but in a quieter neighborhood.

The suite was what I would consider on par for a US Holiday, nothing super special and a bit on the older side but still well appointed. The room was also clean.

My only complaint would be that the walls/floor were a bit on the thin side so I could hear more going on around me than I usually would, although for a hotel in this category it's about normal.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear ronin308,

Thank you for feedback. It is good to know you found our hotel to be in a convenient location and that you received great service from our front office representatives. We understand our hotel is an older property but know that we are constantly making improvements to make sure our guests can enjoy themselves while staying with us. We hope to see you next time you are in town. Thanks again for your comments.

Guest Experience Champion
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
#20 of 34 in SeaTac
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,520 reviews
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent

Been to Ramada Kent Seattle Area? Share your experiences!