“Ask for a room that is not next to the elevator”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel is kind of a hidden gem. It's about three miles off the freeway but in a good location. There is a Starbucks across the parking lot which was handy. Our room was clean and comfortable. However, we were placed directly next to the elevator. It took an hour and two calls to the front desk to figure out where the noise was coming from. I had a terrible nights sleep but breakfast was good and they did honor their 100 percent guarantee. I would give them another try, just not near the elevator.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel was nice, clean, and the staff was helpful. We were satisfied with how clean the room and bathroom was. The downfall is it does not have a shuttle, and there is very little located next to it. The two restaurants that are in walking distance are descent since the hotel does not have one. It gets expensive if you need to take a cab to get to anything like a Target or other restaurants/entertainment.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Just what you expect. Clean, quick and reasonably priced. Location is a little out of the way but easy to find. Breakfast was good. Room nice and clean. Better than usual at hotel of this price range. Hotel is fairly new and wasn't particularly busy.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Kent Hampton Inn because of open availability when all else was booked. Kent is only 10 minutes from the rental car return and airport shuttle. The location was good and trafic was no problem. The hotel has plenty of food and snacks in house. The staff was very friendly and made me feel welcome. It is a good location to access SETAC airport and be out of the airport proper. The price was also reasonable and a value.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I must say that after an abysmal stay at the La Quinta Inn, Auburn Washington (ref my review) http://tinyurl.com/p4nwdu9, I am very happy to post a review of a real gem. In the case of the aforementioned La Quinta Inn, the problems generated there were all their own fault and I was forced to make up for their shortcomings. In THIS case the problem I encountered here was my own fault. In my rush to make accommodations due to the booking screw up by the La Quinta folks I accidentally booked for the wrong month at the Hampton. I did this online and of course it was a non-refundable reservation.

Of course I found out about my mistake while trying to check in here at the Hampton Inn, Kent. "Megan" at the front desk was a one woman whirlwind. The phone was ringing off the hook, folks were checking out and then there was me...the guy who booked the right days but on the wrong month. In all of this I noticed that NO ONE was left hanging. Every phone call and everyone at the desk was acknowledged and attended to in short order with no one waiting for more than a couple of minutes. In all of that one person had a key that didn't work and the manager personally escorted that guest to the room with a new key to make sure it would work. What a difference from the La Quinta Inn Auburn. I couldn't get ahold of the manager or anyone in La Quinta management even after the whole debacle. Incidentally I am still waiting for someone to respond to my inquiry on that a week later. So far...nothing.

At one point I noticed Megan attending to four items (calls and front desk items) simultaneously and in all of that she managed to rebook me for the days I needed while at the same time getting me a refund for what was supposed to be a non-refundable reservation. All of this while maintaining a smile and an attitude of gold. I also noticed it wasn't just Megan. Every time I walked by the front desk either going out or returning I was greeted cheerfully by who ever was attending that desk.

I am literally a world traveler due to my employment as an airline captain and as you might expect I am no stranger to hotels. This one gets my top score. If there was a rating here better than excellent I would give it that one. Whatever you decide I am wishing you a great stay in the Seattle area. If you have any questions about my review on this or my referenced review, please feel free to click on my profile and email me. I will be happy to answer you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank SpectreCGR
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn in Kent, Wa. New, quiet building with easy access (short drive) to Seattle tourist attractions/downtown area. Very family-oriented, clean and loved having the continental breakfast available. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone - especially those travelling with children.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Travis K
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel was ideal for a quick business stay - clean, great staff, comfy beds - nothing fancy but everything you need. They have free breakfast and free wifi - awesome! The hotel is only a few years old, and well kept. I highly recommend if you need to be in Kent, and I'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport
Ramada Kent Seattle Area
Best Western Seattle Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent? Share your experiences!