Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Kent
RESCUE
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I have stayed here several times. The last visit was the worst. Our room had major water damage, paint sliding down the walls. Bathroom was not clean, no iron, drawers broken. Overall poor experience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank DARIN E
MIkeS2013, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been and I apologize to you for the condition of the room. The experience you had with the room is certainly not representative of our hotel and If you could please contact me and let me know the room and dates of your stay, I would like to ensure the problems with the room are addressed. The standard procedure in this case would have been for us to move you to another room.

Once again, please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel and our team, and I hope you will give us another chance in the near future.

Mike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Morton, Illinois
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I recently stayed at Hawthorn Suites while attending Skate America.

The hotel was fairly easy to find with my GPS but if you don't have GPS, it could be tricky as every intersection near the hotel looks exactly the same. It was about a 15 minute drive from Sea-Tac.

Check-In was quick and efficient. They offer breakfast however I never ate it so I can't comment.

The hotel is set up a bit odd. It's actually several what look like apartment complexes. There is a center courtyard with a tennis court. Also, the main building is separated from a large section of the complex as a gas station and Wendy's sit right in the middle!

The rooms are very spacious, set up like most "extended stay" facilities. Full kitchen and bathroom. Living and sleeping area split by drawers that had a swivel television. Very comfortable bed and lots of windows. There was even a small fenced sitting area outside your room. Never used it much as it was raining most of the time (it's Seattle!) but thought it was a nice touch. The room I was in actually had a jacuzzi in the bathroom which was nice. Everything was very nice and clean and there is little bad I can say about the room. The internet was a bit slow but in my travels I've found few hotels with fast internet.

While you could tell many people were staying there, you rarely saw anyone (I suspect the spaced out nature of the complex had something to do with this). One odd quirk was every night between 1 and 3 in the morning there seemed to be a steady stream of drunk people showing up outside. They were a bit loud but once they stumbled to their rooms peace returned.

The hotel itself sits in a corporate area. Lots of corporate headquarters in the area. There isn't much residential until you get closer to the center of Kent where you found more shopping and restaurants. There were a few places across the street including my best friend, Starbuck's. Wide four lane roads with little traffic make travel into Kent a breeze. I could get from the hotel to the ShoWare Center in under 10 minutes. The hotel is also fairly close to I-5 and I-405 which gives conveinent access to Seattle, Bellevue, Tacoma, Everett, and any other place in the immediate area.

All in all a great stay and I would certainly stay here again in the future should I find myself in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Langley
Reviewed 13 December 2012

We had a great stay. We had a great breakfast with alot of variety of food to choose from. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfy. The staff were helpful. We have stayed there at least five times and will be staying there again. We have told our friends and family about Hawthorne Suites and they have stayed there and were quite satisfied.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Great stay, felt right at home. Suite very comfortable has everything you need for an extended stay. Room was very clean and staff was very friendly, even called the first night to ask if everything was satisfactory. Will be back again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Ramada Kent Seattle Area
Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent
Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area
Best Western Seattle Airport Hotel

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport

Property: Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport
Address: 6329 S 212th St, Kent, WA 98032-2333
Region: United States > Washington > Kent
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hawthorn Suites Seattle/Kent Hotel Kent