“Good and comfortable hotel”

TownePlace Suites Seattle Southcenter
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Good hotel and very comfortable. Cheaper than in downtown Seattle. Also close to the airport.
Restaurants and shopping males are close (3-5min by car).
If the weather is good, the pool might also be nice to use. Just remember to put the "Do not disturb" sign on the door.... :-)
We went to a Seahawk game and the location of the hotel is quite comfortable as the stadium is also in south Seattle area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by how quiet it was inside the room, as there is a great deal of city noise (cars, airplanes, trains) right outside the door. The room was spacious and clean. One thing I wasn't prepared for was they only change the linen on a weekly basis, so if you are expecting clean linens everyday (as I was), then this might be a bit disappointing (in keeping with the green theme, they opt this as a business decision). Overall, the stay was pleasant and I would definitely come back if I am back in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street would be best as the highway is directly behind the hotel and rooms face the hig...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I recently had a pretty good stay at this location. I didn't have much time to enjoy any amenities, but my room was good sized and the staff at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. It was a bit humid in the room, and I found that I do prefer other suite style brands a bit more than this one, but it was still a good stay and I would recommend it.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The morning staff was very helpful and friendly. They helped get around to the places we needed to go in the most efficient and least expensive way. The breakfast was plentiful and I loved the little sitting area outside. Thankfully we had great weather and could enjoy breakfast outside. Rooms were perfect for our needs although the evening desk clerk put our families' rooms all over the place when we asked to be together.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Blane W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience here at TownePlace Suites by Marriott! I am very glad to hear that our staff helped to provide a positive experience for your family visit to Seattle. I am sorry that we were not able to get all of your rooms blocked next to each other this time. We hope to see you here again on your next visit to Seattle!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed here for one night before flyng from Seatac, the hotels layout is very nice looking, check in staff were nice but they had put us in rooms far away from each other even though I had specially asked for rooms next to eachother as we are a family. She didnt even apologise, just said the hotel was full, not an excuse, A few hours later I was back at reception buying a drink and overheard the same problem being raised with another family, i suggest that the reservations department pay more attention to requests like this. The rooms were clean. No hairdryer!!! I called numerous times to reception to find one but could never get through! The breakfast servicenwas a bit chaotic and I will never understand the biscuits and gravy thing!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This hotel is centrally located, close to shopping and restaurants. It is very quiet but the rooms are very small and dated. The kitchenette is well stocked but the appliances are very old and the fridge is very noisy. The room we stayed in had not been updated for many years. The shower leaked badly. It gave us the impression of "unclean" although I believe the cleaning staff did a good job with what they had. The free breakfast amounted to coffee, cereal etc. Nothing exciting or different except for the two rice cookers. I am not much for rice with my corn flakes!
I will not make this a destination when I visit the Tukwila, Renton, Kent area as there are far nicer hotels equally priced. The hotel staff we met were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I wanted to provide feedback about my reservation on Tuesday that your company cancelled on me – and online you guys are showing that it was cancelled and you snet an email to me, whereas I never received any email from your people about this cancellation until they told me verbally when I reached there for check-in with my 5 years old daughter!!
You guys have horrible customer conduct – by sending them to worst MOTEL available DAYS INN in Kent where they provided us with Comforters with holes in it – and the other sheets had Blue Spots on them.
I am so disappointed with your service and will report this to Boeing Travel to make sure this gets reported on Marriot Washington file in Boeing Travels.
Hope you guys never repeat this with any of your customers, but it will definitely take a very long time for me to get over this and the horrible trip memories that your team has left with me! I will spread a word about this conduct to meke people aware and let them be prepared for such kind of treatment when they turn to Marriott!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mona G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green
Ramada Kent Seattle Area
Courtyard Seattle Southcenter
Home2 Suites by Hilton Seattle Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent

Been to TownePlace Suites Seattle Southcenter? Share your experiences!