Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Seattle, Washington
“Great Place”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My stay was free of any real issues. Front desk and cleaning staff were friendly and helpful. The wifi was slow, and would often disconnect. But other than that, my stay was fine. I didn't expect a high class hotel, I was simply staying at someplace reasonably priced until I could move into my apartment. For the expectations and delivery, it was clean, comfortable, and a good choice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know that you had issues with our internet services. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with great customer service along with a clean room while you were moving into your new home. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Rochester, Washington
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We were there for 2 days only, BUT will spend our next work weeks there for sure. The front desk was VERY helpfull we had problems getting onto the internet so we took care of it herself. She made sure we got a non smoking room even though we came in late and was not promised one.
It was so nice to see a hotel that will presure wash the cement to make sure it is clean.
The room was clean and smelt that way too. The little kitchen will be very nice to have for our next month trip. It will be nice to make small meals in our room instead of eatting out all the time.
Only bad thing I can say is that the fan in the bathroom was broken and looked as IF it has been that way for a LONG time. Fred Myers was right down the street along with a lot of restraunts. Great location with I 5 just down the road so it was a nice location to stay at.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paula G
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the freshness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. I apologize that you had issues with our internet service. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Kent, Washington
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I had a lot of issues during my stay, the hotel had police presence almost daily, the fire alarm went off for no reason, the wireless internet access signal was bad three doors down from the front desk. The maid was extremely rude when I asked for towels " I have a lot of rooms to clean, I'm busy, and your not on the list". The front desk was low on supplies, the neighborhood has suspicious narcotics activity. Almost every time I asked the front desk for supplies such as towels, dish soap, coffee filters, they would commonly say they were out, no paper towels, the TV had limited channels. Very poor value considering the neighborhood, high crime, and the condition of the room. There is no space in the bathroom to place the toiletries.. am I suppose to put them on the floor or on the top of the toilet lid?

Room Tip: I would not recommend Crosslands Hotel in Kent/Des Moines for more than $30 a night.. not very safe...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Frank G
Big Horn, Wyoming
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Our son is here for a liver transplant at UWMedical Center downtown Seattle. Because we may be here six months and have our dog with us, they recommended places like Crossland because they are cheaper and we would avoid the traffic of a busy city. Usually stay at LaQuinta's when we can but none in this area were available. If the transplant isn't intimidating enough, my experience with Crossland added extra stress. I paid for a week (over $ 650.00 charged out that day on my card) with the understanding if I chose to stay less than the week, the rate would revert to the daily rate and the pet fee was non-refundable. I must have misunderstood what the "pet fee" was because they charged me a non-refundable fee of $ 150.00 which is their weekly rate even though we ( and the dog) only stayed one night!! Add that to your bottom line and you'll get rich quickly.

Beds were comfortable, carpet smelled of cat urine, place was worn, dishes meager, skimpy towels... not a great place to spend six months with a pet and an ill patient. That's why we made the choice to leave. Found a wonderful LaQuinta in Auburn and no pet fees, breakfast, luxurious rooms and only about $ 20.00 a day more.

I made sure the UW Transplant Center knew how they treated us so others from out of town in the same situation don't make the same regrettable mistake.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank jill s
Irving, Texas
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Staff is very good. Grocery store is only a block away and they have stove tops to make your own meals if want to cook yourself. All major places are close and easy drive away. Very good economical place to stay.

Room Tip: It's worth the extra five bucks to up-grade to a queen room with tub.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jason W
MAGDYI, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Not sure why there are so many negative reviews... I liked this extended stay very much. For the same price as a Motel 6 I got a clean room with a little kitchen area and mini fridge. There's also a laundry room with 4 washers and the woman at the front desk was super friendly. I actually felt like I could call the front desk if I had any issues.

My only gripes are: 1) The door was very drafty (not really a problem in April -the heat in the room works great besides- but it could be an issue in winter). 2) My room was right next to the office, and I could hear everything said by people coming and going through my drafty door. I'm sure literally every other room is quieter.

Like a past reviewer, I too had the cops follow me back from Fred Meyer. I had just assumed it was because I had east coast plates. As soon as I stepped out of my car they drove off.. guess I looked alright. Fine by me, but if you're up to something, I'd suggest doing it elsewhere.

Room Tip: There are 3 floors (with an elevator). If you're a light sleeper I'd recommend asking for th...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Save1star
MAGDYI, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Utah
Reviewed 14 April 2013

The people at the front desk are friendly and helpful but that is not enough reason to stay here. The rooms are less than basic and rundown. The area is not very nice and for $10 more you can get a lot better room. I paid for 2 nights and left after 1, but I don't regret leaving even without getting a refund for the second night. I can't imagine staying at this hotel for an extended period.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank John-in-Utah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup
Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Sleep Inn SeaTac Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Seattle Airport South

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines? Share your experiences!