“would rather sleep in my car”

Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel was horrible! To start with there was urine on the floor of the elevator in the evening this was reported to the front desk staff it remained there in the am upon check out. The vent fan of the bathroom was filled with so much dust that I did not dare try to turn it on not that it would have worked. The following items did not work the internet, TV (from the 80s), and the TV remote. There were people smoking outside of our non smoking room when I called to report all of these things to the front desk staff I was told there is only 1 night shift staff here and I can't really do anything to help this. He asked if my room smelled of smoke when entering the 1st time. I informed him that it smelled very dirty like it had not been cleaned in awhile but did not smell of smoke. There was a large red stain on the carpet between the beds of who knows what. When checking out, I reported this information again to the front desk staff. I find it amazing that not once did anyone say is there anything that we can do to fix everything that you had to deal with! I told the front desk staff our night before which was tent camping was a much more comfortable stay. Do not ever stay at this location.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you want a good room!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Scuba74
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The cleanliness issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As well, I would like to apologize that your television, Wi-Fi, and remote control were not working property. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have will be meeting with my staff to re-train them on cleanliness standards and room inspections so that your experience is not repeated. I was also disappointed to hear that my security staff was unable to assist you with the people smoking outside of your room. I will be meeting with my security staff to discuss our security and customer service standards to prevent your experience from being repeated. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I invite you to contact me, at skt@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Crossland Economy Studios is a really good option if you're travelling on a budget. The staff is super friendly, no disrupting noises from others that stayed there and everything in the room was functional. The only thing I would have to point out is that the bed is a bit too firm for my liking but overall I felt really safe and enjoyed its close proximity to Fred Meyer. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank LucyLee32
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your many kind comments regarding our facility and surrounding area. I'm sorry, however, that you found the beds to be a bit uncomfortable. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

In a very bad area. Lots of vagrants. We're warned by police patrolling the parking lot constantly. Rooms were moldy and dirty. I got better WiFi reception at Fred Meyer than in hotel. Only had 6 channels for tv.

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank jenlo1313
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to provide any additional comments, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, skt@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have stayed at dozens of hotels in the Extended Stay chain. This place, besides being marginally maintained wins an award for locking me out of my room all night, separating me from important medications that I needed to take, etc. After checking in, the door lock was acting funny, but that's not so unusual. What was unfortunate was that the lock was in need of new batteries. Upon my return to the room later, around midnight, I could not get in. After traipsing down 3 flights of stairs to call the office (they close after 11pm) I told them exactly what the electronic lock was displaying when I slid my card through it. They assumed that my key card was improperly coded. Their explanation as to why it may have worked before had to do with the probability of me getting it too close to other credit cards or a cell phone. So I agreed to let them reprogram it, and up 3 flights of stairs I go to try again. No luck. Back down the stairs, and call them on their after hours phone again. Instead of trying something new, they sent me up and back to the office to try a newly programmed key 2 more times! Finally someone came up with me (this is my fourth trip) and tried their master key with no luck. The batteries were dying and they claimed that they'd all been replaced that week! I was told that there was nobody that they could reach to help me until 8am in the morning. They opened another room for me to sleep in, separated from all my belongings, medications, travel pillow etc. The maintenance person was able to repair it easily by changing the batteries in the morning, just in time for me to grab my belongings and flee to a doctor's appointment. The worst part of it all, is that while various employees were sympathetic, there was never an apology uttered, not even by the manager as I checked out in the morning. Think I'll be back?

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Excalibur13
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that you experienced an issue with your room lock. While I am glad that the staff assisted as best as possible with the situation, I am very sorry that your room key did not work properly until the following morning when our maintenance staff arrived on-site. Please know, I am going to work with our staff on ways to handle this type of situation better in the future so that guests are not affected moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at skt@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

If you're looking for a rough adventure, then stay here. On our drive towards this this place, we noticed that the neighbourhood looked a little rough. We checked in late and when we pulled into the parking lot, we saw an SUV with prostitutes and the pimp was standing outside the car. Before we go into our room we saw a a shady looking big guy standing in front of the room beside us. When we got into our room it was tidy but the entire room smelled of cheap perfume. Throughout the night, there was the constant pounding sound on the wall. The room beside us was open for business and the shady guy we saw was another pimp. Yikes! Needless to say, we had a sleepless night. The bed was hard and I woke up the next morning with back pains. I would never go back to this place even if it were free. I'd feel safer staying overnight at a rest stop than this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank eletee
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad impression of our hotel due to other guests. We work very hard to ensure all of our guests feel comfortable and, more importantly, safe at our hotel. In response to your feedback, I am reviewing our security and walk-through procedures so that this is not an issue moving forward. As well, please know, we do not condone illegal activity of any kind. With that in mind, we are taking your comments very seriously and will take action as needed.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you letting us know about your experience. I hope that you will contact me directly, at skt@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

My stay was free of any real issues. Front desk and cleaning staff were friendly and helpful. The wifi was slow, and would often disconnect. But other than that, my stay was fine. I didn't expect a high class hotel, I was simply staying at someplace reasonably priced until I could move into my apartment. For the expectations and delivery, it was clean, comfortable, and a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know that you had issues with our internet services. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with great customer service along with a clean room while you were moving into your new home. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We were there for 2 days only, BUT will spend our next work weeks there for sure. The front desk was VERY helpfull we had problems getting onto the internet so we took care of it herself. She made sure we got a non smoking room even though we came in late and was not promised one.
It was so nice to see a hotel that will presure wash the cement to make sure it is clean.
The room was clean and smelt that way too. The little kitchen will be very nice to have for our next month trip. It will be nice to make small meals in our room instead of eatting out all the time.
Only bad thing I can say is that the fan in the bathroom was broken and looked as IF it has been that way for a LONG time. Fred Myers was right down the street along with a lot of restraunts. Great location with I 5 just down the road so it was a nice location to stay at.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Paula G

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the freshness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. I apologize that you had issues with our internet service. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup
Ramada Kent Seattle Area
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport
Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines? Share your experiences!