“One of my favorite Extended Stay!”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here from the end of September thru the middle of November. The front desk staff were professional and always friendly. Housekeeping was excellent well atleast the little older lady we had. She was on her game changing shower curtains, comforters or blanket when needed. Room was spotless. Maintenance was on top of the game. A slip would be put in and the next day if not the same day it was fixed. I had to have the fridge switched out. I called the front desk left and came back and it was done. Same with my window. The manager Amanda was great. This location and Rochester, Ny are among the best.

• Stayed: October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the positive experience you had with our staff. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We booked this room for a week based on price. We stayed three nights and got another hotel for $25 more per night that was much better. The lobby is gloomy and there always seemed to be people lingering with no purpose. Located in an industrial area of Seattle, it was depressing. The bathroom door opened into the kitchen counter. The room was tight and just serviceable. When we checked out early, we lost the good weekly rate and paid more on a per night basis. I waited to get towels from the front desk and heard a man arguing over the rate with the front desk, claiming he was overcharged on his bill. This was my first experience with an Extended Stay hotel and will likely be my last.

1  Thank Suzannergy
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your first impression of our hotel was "gloomy" and our location did not seem to fit your expectations. We are scheduled for an upgrade to our hotel at the first part of 2014.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at knt@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I like these hotels, I like having a kitchen. However, most of the ones I've stayed at this year have been recently renovated. This one was not! But it was reflected in the price, under $70. Pretty good for Seattle area. Expect stained carpets in and out of room, marks, scuffs on paint, stained furniture. The biggest problem with this chain of hotels is there embarrassingly slow Wi-Fi. I would guess there are many business customers that will choose not to stay here simply for that reason. You can pay extra per day ($4/day, $14/week) for a faster connection. But it's not that much faster! BTW, they just doubled to those prices, used to be cheaper. Love having a kitchen with full size refir. Wish they had more TV stations with the local feed/time zone. Bummer to look for a program you are used to watching at 8 PM, only to find out it was on at 5 PM.

1  Thank drdroad
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind comments about Extended Stay Hotel; however, we apologize that ours was lacking in areas that other hotels in our chair are not.

I am happy to advise that wer are in fact scheduled at the end of this year for a remodel. We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at knt@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.

Once again, thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We enjoyed our two stays there this last week. The front desk was very helpful, and the free wifi was a plus. We had an option to upgrade, but did not. After arriving from the airport, my wife needed a restroom badly, but they do not have one till you check into your room. No room, no restroom. The grab and go breakfast is just that, but the coffee was empty, but refilled upon request. Insulation from adjacent rooms bothered us, but we fell asleep and was only awakened twice during the night. Their is no pool, but they do allow animals. The rates are good, and i am sure the management is trying harder. About a mile away is a movie complex that has better eating, then the Denny's and a kitchen place across the street, where we got food poisoning on a previous trip when we stayed at the choice hotel place nearby.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor if available.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank window2004

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our staff and management I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

For the same price you could get a much better place with thicker walls, an actual clean room and a staff member at the front desk. Upon check in, I waiting 20 mins for someone to show up and then was told there were no rooms available because everyone was checking out late. I waiting another 45 mins until a room was available. The room was decent but not very clean, there was a strange odor and super loud. If you want an actual night of rest, I suggest staying someone else.

1  Thank 222Tester

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you had to wait to check into your room only to find it less than up to our normal exceptional levels of cleanliness.

To prevent this from happening again, we are ensuring that there is always someone at reception and all of our rooms are inspected prior to any guest entering their room.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I hope that you will contact me directly, at knt@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.

We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

This hotel ended up being a perfect place for what we wanted; a safe, clean, comfortable place to act as 'home base' while we spent 3 days visiting the various attractions in and around Seattle. The room was spacious, larger than I expected. It was an easy 20 - 30 minutes to Downtown Seattle (we went to Pike Place Market, the pier area and Alki Beach). The continental breakfast provided was very basic; coffee, tee, fruit, packaged pastry no complaints from us for the price. If you want a more hearty breakfast you can go out to one of many nearby places or even cook it up in the room - we did both during our stay, utilizing the breakfast offered at the hotel for hot drinks and fruit upon first waking.
On one day in the wee morning hours we heard the neighbors come home, party a bit then go to bed. Maybe the walls are a bit thin and some type of insulation could improve the noise but I felt it was more about inconsiderate drunk people being louder than necessary.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Makana K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our rooms and location we perfect for your recent visit. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

This hotel is about 20-30 minutes aways from Seattle--probably the closest you can get to paying less than $100/nt. My boyfriend and myself just recently stayed at this hotel for 7nts. Due to having a filled itinerary for the week, our time at the hotel was very limited. This hotel offers breakfast to go which we probably took advantage of just 3 times during our stay. Items were very limited and exactly the same (muffins, oatmeal & hot drinks). Cleanliness of our room upon check-in was moderate. However, on our first night we discovered our duvet with dot of blood stains & our sheet was filled with many rips and holes. My boyfriend did not want any housekeeping in the room so I decided to keep my mouth shut! We tore our entire bed and removed the duvets and sheet and left it on the floor our entire stay. The hotel accommodates smoking & non-smoking rooms. We booked for a non-smoking rooms but the hallway to our room were always lingering in cigarette smells and our towels smelled like ashtrays! The walls are extremely thin as we could hear footsteps, opening of the fridge from the room above and also heard our neighbor having sex every night. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel, not even to my worst enemy! Stay away from this chain of hotel. Their nightly room/tax are quite convincing but I'm sure you can find a better accommodation elsewhere. Try Best Western hotels if you are looking for the same accommodations as extended stay!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank llorenz01
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you had so many issues during your stay with us. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we are doing a 100% room inpsection prior to releasing any of our rooms to our guests. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate that you took the time to write such a detailed review. I invite you to contact me at knt@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.