“WHAT?? NO POOL???” 2 of 5 bubbles

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Kent
“WHAT?? NO POOL???”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I'm SO BUMMED this hotel has no pool!!! What kind of hotel doesn't have a pool? Geez, if I'd have known that, I would've booked at another place... Obviously, we were very surprised and disappointed to find this out and needless to say, will not be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Annie N
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Annie - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We sincerely apologize that we could not offer you a pool.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us. If you saw it advertised anywhere that we had a pool, or if you would like to discuss this further, please contact us directly, at knt@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tacoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Was visiting the area and needed a cheap place to sleep for the night.. I was NOT expecting to pay $130 for ONE night! You are much better off going to a nIce HOTEL for the same price. Once in my room I found out that the air conditioner and the TV didn't work and the bathroom was extremely dirty! The bed sheets had holes in them and honestly speaking the place looked horrible! I am NEVER returning to ANY extended stay America and I will ensure that neither my friends and family go to this sorry excuse of a motel!

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank 187Street
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide our guests with a "home away from home" experience, and we are very disappointed that we did not meet this goal during your stay. We apologize that your room did not meet your expectations. We will be working with our maintenance and housekeeping staff to ensure that every room is up to our standards.

We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss further, please contact us at knt@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Travellers are raving about these Kent hotels

Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel over the weekend and was extremely dissatisfied with the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel we were given a room that the air conditioning was broke and the room was easily over 90 degrees. When I contacted the front desk about the issue, they took awhile to switch me rooms saying they didn't have any doubles left, however, when I went down to switch my rooms they switched me with another reservation and gave the room I just complained about to another family.
Also, the bed linens and furniture had numerous cigarette burn marks in them and needed to be replaced. The hotel smelled like smoke on the fourth floor although I was in non-smoking. I will never stay at this hotel again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mos524
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that your air conditioner was not working in the room you were initially given. As well, I am sorry for the odor and cleanliness issues you encountered during your stay. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure this is properly addressed. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at skt@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Day one, wrong room type, razor blade left in room for my kids to find, and then double charged for my stay, on the bright side they did try to make it up, and got us zoo tickets and my daughter a bday present, still could hardly afford to eat the first two days of our vacation do to well beign double charged and broke!!! They did take 20% off our stay and offer two free future night stays Just wont be back at this one. Was told on the phone the "grab and go" breakfast was more than it was, and they said pans and utincels provided yet i spent money buying my own. Just overall disappointed with the quality, no one cleaned uner the bed as we found dog brushes and collars nder them, as well as someone exploded pizza in the microwave. Again still just felt more stressed on vacation then i should have been

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Jessica O
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Jessica – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel.

If you would like to provide any additional feedback, please feel free to contact me directly at, knt@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Auburn, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I would definitely recommend staying at this establishment. Clean facilities, Friendly staff, and close to everything. Very comfortable. I would also like to add that it is close to freeways, and dining areas.

Room Tip: Non Smoking!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dianna T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dianna – Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay. As well, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed our location and our friendly staff. We would love the opportunity to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Alaska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have stayed at extended stays before and I have loved them. This is by far the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. Between not being specific about "extras" (ie. hot tub) there was construction going on that no one felt was necessary to tell me about. The minor issues are: no hair dryer or utensils to cook with (yes, there was a pot and pan). If I had known about the construction I would have asked for a room that would avoid the construction OR stayed at a different hotel. I am about the easiest going when it comes to my expectations with hotels, but this one SUCKS. I will NEVER stay here again and will never recommend it.

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel if you are looking for ANY extras. The only good thing is they allow pets (a...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank SwimMomAlaska
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that our staff did not inform you about the construction happening at our hotel during the reservation process or at check-in. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am addressing this issue with the entire team and requiring that they communicate this to our guests moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at knt@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future once on renovations are complete.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Was a newly remodeled room . Priceline for 40.00 was a bargain . Clean large room . Yes the walls are thin. Slept well and decent pillows and bed. Customer service very nice . The girl asked if my room was good when I went back to the car. Large and modern place . You can't get a 40 place like this . Reg rates I think are around 60.00. Breakfast was packaged muffins and breakfast bars and name brand. Fruit too. Coffee . I would stay again .

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank fact51
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your many nice comments regarding our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our staff, accommodations, and free grab-and-go breakfast.