“Great food and service”

Edoko Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #100 of 363 Restaurants in Kent
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

We were very impressed by Edokko. The food is very flavorful at a very reasonable price. The soft shell crab appetizer, oyster roll and spicy ramen all tasted incredible. The ramen is a large bowl with nice ingredients (pork, tofu, egg) that provided incredible flavorful. The oyster roll is one of the best sushi items I have ever tasted. The service staff at Edokko are prompt, attentive and friendly. Edokko is a hidden gem in the Great Wall Mall.

Date of visit: July 2015

Reviewed 30 May 2015

My husband and I have eaten here quite often and he likes to have the Saba lunch or dinner, while I find the Chirashi Sashimi wonderful. The fish has always been absolutely the most fresh and clean tasting ever! The saba has always been deep fried in clean deep fry oil, never greasy nor having that "old deep fry cooker taste". The Chef is great, as well as all the other staff that do their very best to make our trip a pleasant one!

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Superior food quality and taste. I had Miso soup & Yokisoba noodles, #34 on the menu. I generally don't care for Miso Soup but this was wonderful. The noodles were good with a very generous portion on the plate.

We stopped here as my wife and been wanting sushi. She had a sample plate, S4 on the menu, that included Clam, Tuna, Calamari & Salmon. The sushi were large in size and very fresh. The price for both dishes was very reasonable.

Our waitress was attentive & friendly. I stopped the chef to ask him want he was making and he was friendly and told me exactly what he was doing. The restaurant is quiet and is an excellent place to have a relaxing meal. The next time we go to Kent, Washington this is were we will eat. Go to their website for a look at the menu.

Date of visit: June 2014
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I have dined here several times. We first tried it out on one of our anniversaries. Located within a small Asian shopping mall, the ambiance is typical Japanese restaurant. The staff is very friendly. Their food is ample and delicious, especially the Bento box meals. They have a Sushi chef on staff. We love their California rolls and tempura.

If you want good Japanese food at a reasonable price, Edoko is a great choice. You'll discover why we return so often.

Date of visit: March 2014
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I've generally been disappointed with restaurants that have a shopping mall location (in this case, the Great Wall Mall), so I didn't try Edoko's for the longest time. My mistake... Their lunch special at $7.95 is one of the best deals around for Japanese food. You get a decent miso soup, rice, choice of two meats (I usually choose the Saba Shioyaki (salted, broiled mackerel) and the Tempura (includes 2 prawns and some vegetables), salad and California roll. I've tried it three times now and each time it has been consistently good. Service is friendly and it seems like they are genuinely happy we are there. It isn't a fancy place (not for special occasions), but for just getting a quick lunch or for just meeting friends, it works out quite nicely.

Date of visit: January 2013

Been to Edoko Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!