“Wonderful time at a real working ranch”

Bull Hill Guest Ranch
Reviewed 2 July 2013

There is nothing staged about Bull Hill. This is a real working ranch where the family and staff are warm and welcoming with the guests. Excellent place to bring families or have a fun getaway with friends. The accommodations are first rate and the food hearty, delicious and plentiful. And most important, the horses are gentle and easy for a novice rider to work with. The ranch is in a beautiful setting with sweeping, dramatic views. We had one of the best vacations ever there and hope to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vivoviajar

Reviewed 29 June 2013

I flew in from out of town to come visit family and was told I was going to a dude ranch. I expected the bare minimum. I ended up bring wrong with friendly and always happy wranglers, amazing food, and probably the best bed I have ever slept on. Along with horseback riding everyday we also got to do skeet shooting and fishing. All I know is that it's well worth the price and I can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Andrew19191
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Bull Hill is one of those special places where you instantly feel at home and want to stay! I loved everything about it--the setting, the food, the horse rides, the cabins and best of all is the Guglielmino family. This is a family affair and the family members are fixtures at meals, riding, shooting, fishing. I also loved that it was all-inclusive. You pay a daily rate and do as little or as much as you want. I could go on and on, but after every summer going to another "dude" ranch, now every summer I look forward to a week at Bull Hill! Love it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank hkearny
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My husband and I took our 3 girls, (at the time they were13,16 and 18) to this place several years ago. We still talk about it to this day saying it was one of the best vacations we have ever been on. We would like to go back one of these days and have mentioned it to several of our friends who would like to go when we go back. There is not one negative comment I can make. We enjoyed the food, activities and all the people there who helped make our vacation a very wonderful experience. Even the cook, Jim, was more than willing to share some of his recipes with me.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I have nothing but praise for this place. The people (both guests and employees) were very warm and friendly, the food was great, the horses were beautiful, the views were breathtaking, the lodging was cozy, the price was reasonable, and it was super fun and relaxing!
We shot clay pigeons, drank beer, sat in the sun, rode horses and slept in. So so great.
If you are trying to decide what to do for vacation, you'd be crazy not to go to bull hill.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This is the place I would love to live! We have never had a bad time here. They treat you like family, and welcome you back as if you were just gone a few weeks. My husband dose not even ride but he had plenty of other things to do. I have told all my friends about the great times I have had. We were even treated to a Wedding once . Even though we did not know the couple we never felt out of place. It is about time to book our next trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Bull Hill will have a special place in our hearts forever. This single Mom and two young sons LOVED every minute! Swimming, fishing, horse shoes, card games, skeet shooting, wagon ride, spoons and cards at night!! A complete BLAST.

Oh, and riding horses? Try to find ANYWHERE that will let young children ride, on a horse alone, on trails all over the thousands of acres. I tried to find a place - and that lead us to Bull Hill, again and again and again and again.

Professional, kind, experienced - felt safe until the wee hours with the boys playing hide and seek in the pasture with other kids while us adults enjoyed the fire and drinks and lots of laughing. Just told em' to come home when everyone else did (they were 10 and 12).

Just about time to book another trip..

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Been to Bull Hill Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!