“What a Hoot! Good clean family fun... or maybe romantic if you want it that way.”

Bull Hill Guest Ranch
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Bull Hill Ranch 3738 Bull Hill Rd Kettle Falls, WA 99141 877-285-5445

Following the website directions along the scenic Roosevelt Lake will get you right to the front gate of the family run Bull Hill Ranch. Every guest we spoke with was super glad that they were there and felt that it was worth every penny. Roomy cabins with very clean bathrooms. Ours was considered small cabin but had seven beds and a loft. Right after our noon check in we enjoyed a build your own sandwich and soup lunch, then horse back rode for three hours along the scenic trails, played horse shoe toss, shot clay pigeons with a 12 gauge shot gun until it was too dark to see, enjoyed a hearty chef made tasty dinner, had alcoholic drinks and told jokes with the cowboys/ guests at the bar until about 10pm. Freshly baked cookies were a daily event. All activities and meals are included in your cabin rental fee. The helpful staff and friendly family members made everyone feel very welcome. Since the moon was almost full we didn’t see many stars but it lit up the lake and valley below so the scenery was absolutely beautiful. Another plus was that we didn’t need flashlights to get to our cabin. In fact we even had moon shadows. We lit a fire in the wood burning stove and were toasty warm all night long. We never did make it into the Jaccuzi or go fishing in their private trout stocked lake. Something to save for our next visit. For a reasonable additional $25 you can bring your friendly Fido who will enjoy playing with several of the regular ranch dogs. We suggest at least a three nights minimum stay and you will still not have time to do it all. Good clean family fun.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for the Lonesome Dove cabin as it is the largest with the best valley/lake v...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank h m

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I returned to Bull Hill for my 8th visit. This time with my son who hadn't been on a horse since his first visit to the ranch in 2008. I had been planning a graduation trip with him for over a year. After receiving from an outfitter in Montana, a long list of don'ts and an itinerary that sounded boring, we decided to cancel the reservation. We booked at Bull Hill instead. The staff chose a perfect horse for my son. I was able to ride the horse I requested. We enjoyed evenings of great food and company. What a treat to experience, with my son, moving cattle along the Columbia River! The highlight of the trip was weathering a fabulous lightning and fierce wind storm in one of the wall tents. We stayed warm, cozy and dry. My son's comment regarding the private bath for our tent, "this is really fancy for being in the woods." And in general, "I wasn't sure what to expect mom, but I had a great time and want to come back." Thank you Bull Hill family for exceeding my expectations!

Room Tip: Much more wild life activity heard in tent vs cabin.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lee P
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We love the outdoors and camping so we were looking for something different for our 1st anniversary. This place blew us both away, we didn't know what to expect, but we both agree it was way more than we imagined. The people (family) are amazing. You feel so comfortable from the moment you arrive. They welcome you in with a true country welcome and good ole fashion hospitality. It is very relaxing and you can do as much or as little as you want. We chose to go on a horseback riding trip. It was amazing the views and the beautiful country are breathtaking. We will be back for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to the entire Family and Staff. We miss you already

Room Tip: We stayed in the canvas wall tents. The queen size bed was extremely comfortable. It was very warm a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BarbK9152013
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Fine, well-mannered horses and courteous, helpful staff, combined with abundant opportunities to ride various difficulties of trails and not all rigidly in a line, made this a first-rate experience. Great food and plenty of it, combined with gorgeous scenery and opportunities to observe wildlife. We spent an afternoon watching a young mama bear and her two cubs raid the apple tree in front of the lodge. Nice, interesting people as guests-- the first night there were Texans telling gay jokes but they left the next day and otherwise everyone was civilized and fun to be around.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lee H
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Annually, our family visits Bull Hill Guest Ranch in August. We have yet to miss our first-choice-vacation for 10 years! Our three kids were small our first time to go. Ages 7 to 11 at the beginning, two boys and a girl, they LOVE Bull Hill...still! Now all three are in college and still make this trip, scheduling summer work around our family outing. Bull Hill offers plenty for everyone, newby to experienced rider, lake fun, cattle drives, evenings at the bar, shooting clays off the hilltop... Accomodations are first rate; staff and wranglers are exceptional. A "horse snob" since I was small, I love the BH horses! I have more than a few favorites from over the years. Our whole family rides fairly well, but the BH horses make us feel like professionals. Quiet yet responsive, we have even participated on a number of cattle drives with the wranglers since BH is a working ranch.

Room Tip: Review their website carefully to choose the perfect cabin experience for your stay. They offer eve...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle R
Reviewed 2 July 2013

There is nothing staged about Bull Hill. This is a real working ranch where the family and staff are warm and welcoming with the guests. Excellent place to bring families or have a fun getaway with friends. The accommodations are first rate and the food hearty, delicious and plentiful. And most important, the horses are gentle and easy for a novice rider to work with. The ranch is in a beautiful setting with sweeping, dramatic views. We had one of the best vacations ever there and hope to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vivoviajar
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I flew in from out of town to come visit family and was told I was going to a dude ranch. I expected the bare minimum. I ended up bring wrong with friendly and always happy wranglers, amazing food, and probably the best bed I have ever slept on. Along with horseback riding everyday we also got to do skeet shooting and fishing. All I know is that it's well worth the price and I can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed: June 2013
#1 of 6 in Christina Lake
New Horizon Motel
New Horizon Motel
#3 of 6 in Christina Lake

Been to Bull Hill Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!