“Time to close its doors”
Review of Luna Bella Ristorante - CLOSED

Luna Bella Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Luna Bella has been in Kingston for many years & every time I am in town, I try to eat there at least once. Last night was nothing short of sad. The outdoor deck looks over at The Ale Houses deck - which was packed, which if you have eaten at The Ale House you know why - they understand their clients and the restaurant business. We were the only customers at Luna Bella. In spite of being the only customers, service was less than attentive, the owner/waitress appeared tired and defeated and the menu lacked any creativity or newness. I find this particularly sad because this restaurant has the makings of something great. Perhaps a visit from restaurant impossible or something is in order because right now this restaurant has the location to really be great but they are blowing it big time. The food was just ok, very heavy, like old school Italian. So much creativity can go into pizza, pasta and a daily special but alas it is not here. I truly hope that either they close their doors or find the strength to reinvent themselves because the opportunity and potential is there.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

My wife and I decided to surprise our son on his return ferry trip back to Kingston, we met him at the ferry along with his wife and son. As we were walking down the street we noticed Luna Bella, the menu looked pretty good so we decided to give it a try. We were pleasantly surprised, great hospitality and the food was great. I had lasagna which was very good and i particularly liked the sauce, not the goopy tomato paste stuff that many restaurants in the area serve. My wife had chicken parmigiana which she really liked . the rest of my family had eggplant Parmesan and a calzone. They also were very happy with their dinner.The prices were reasonable and the staff was very freindly and effecient. We will defiantly be going back again

Reviewed 6 May 2013

What a great little spot we found! Really really good Italian food, and we're from NJ, so we know good Italian food. Favorites: Ravioli from heaven, sizzling baked Lasagna, surprisingly great NY Style Pizzas, and -- the best we've had so far -- terrific Pesto Linguine With Chicken. If you ask politely, you may be lucky enough to sample some of their not-every-day hummus, out of this world on some garlic toast. Soups are always great, too. A truly talented chef in a tiny little village by the sea. Right near the ferry in Kingston, with good parking in the back. Well worth the ride over from Edmonds.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

The service was horrific, had to ask multiple times just for glasses of water, owner(?) was rude. Asked for spaghetti and Italian sausage, got spaghetti and meatballs, when telling the owner/server, the reply was "are you sure?" When the food (finally) arrived, was bland, tasteless and VERY over priced!

Is in a good location, with fair ambiance, but do yourself a favor and skip this one...

Reviewed 25 March 2013

The prices have been raised so high that's it's hard to afford. The owner was rude when we questioned the prices

1  Thank Barb F