“Nice Place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Seattle/Kirkland WA

Baymont Inn & Suites Seattle/Kirkland WA
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Chicago IL - USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

This place is exactly as advertised . . . . this is not a five-star hotel, but I found the Baymont to be a clean and well maintained property. First or all to clarify, the Baymont is really a “motel” with room entrances off outside covered walkways. If that type of property is a deal-breaker for you then there is no need to read any further. If the motel type of property is ok for you, and you are looking for a inexpensive lodging option in the Kirkland/North Redmond area, then you may want to consider the Baymont.

We stayed for 5 days in mid-August as two couples along with about 150 teenage girls and coaches/family of the Junior Softball World Series. We were not part of the actual World Series group but I would say that the experience should serve as a test of any hotels resources.

I would recommend trying to secure a room on the side opposite the highway to reduce the noise. We did not really hear the highway at any time during our stay; although again the foot traffic and chatter of the packs of teens was noticeable. This is not a newer property; the rooms are very simple, and a bit dated, but I found them to be clean/well maintained and the beds/pillows comfortable. The property and community areas were also well maintained and clean.

All-in-all I would have to say that the experience was not bad at all. Sure the breakfast area was crowded at times with teams of girls (they actually collected and ate in a large meeting room away from the breakfast area), but the staff did an exceptional job of constantly replenishing the breakfast items. Breakfast was basic, consisting of various bread items, a couple of fresh fruits, yogurt, boiled eggs, dry cereal, make your own waffles, pre-made biscuits and gravy and the normal array of drink selections. All was as expected, with the exception of the biscuits and gravy; didn’t see a lot of takers and I did not care for them at all.

The fresh baked cookies were oddly missing from the lobby on a couple of nights, but I attributed that to the swarm of teens.

I had read several complaints about the internet service, and I asked about the problems when I checked in. The staff indicated that the service had been upgraded in early August and they had had far less complaints since that time (they were logging complaints and I only saw 3-4 noted over about 10 days.) I can say that I didn’t have any issues with internet service connectivity; it was slow a couple of times, but again 100 teens means a lot of bandwidth demand.

Bottom-line, I consider myself moderately picky, and I’m willing to pay for a better property/experience, but I would return to the Baymont Inn and Suites in Kirkland, if I had cause to be in the area.

Room Tip: Request a room on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Comfort Inn Kirkland
Redmond Inn
Redmond Inn
#5 of 7 in Redmond
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Seattle/Kirkland WA? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Baymont Inn & Suites Seattle/Kirkland WA

Property: Baymont Inn & Suites Seattle/Kirkland WA
Address: 12223 NE 116th St, Kirkland, WA 98034-8103
Region: United States > Washington > Kirkland
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Baymont Inn & Suites Seattle/Kirkland WA 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Seattle/Kirkland WA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Kirkland Baymont Inn