“I must say it was a very pleasant stay”

Comfort Inn Kirkland
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My wife and I stay at comfort inn Kirkland few times a year to visit my doctors at Evergreen Hospital. Every time I make reservations the receptionists are very helpful. As old folks like us, we need lot of help and they always accommodate our needs and go extra mile to help us. I greatly appreciate them doing that. Another reason I like to stay there is because they always welcome us with big smiles. I get very tired and grouchy after my doctors visits but then when I go back to the hotel my mood changes because everybody was smiling and ask how my doctor visit went. They truly care about individual guests.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thank you for taking time to write us a positive review on the tripadvisor.
We are delighted to hear that you've had a great experience staying with us.
We will wait for you next time you're in the area.
Thank you once again.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I travel quiet a bit for my business trip and had a wonderful experience staying at the Comfort Inn a few weeks ago. When i arrived at Hotel around 7pm the desk clerk greeted me with a pleasant smile. It only took not even 3 minutes to check in. After i check in to the Hotel I turn on AC and left to go get some dinner with my partner. When i came back AC wasn't working. So i called down to the desk a bit frustrated and the clerk came to my room to take a look at AC unit and fixed it right away. The clerk kept her gracious smile the whole time. Next morning different clerk was working and she was outstanding and couldn't do enough for the guests. When the guests were "not happy campers" she would keep her cool and be professional. I don't think she knows how to slow down either. She listened to our needs and if she could assist any guests, she would. The breakfast agent was very friendly and would keep the breakfast bar clean and well stocked and no one had to ask for anything more.
All the employees I dealt with had a great attitude and was very helpful. When i go back to Seattle I'm definitely staying at Comfort Inn Kirkland again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David D
Thomas S, Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

The male desk clerk couldn't be nicer. Room was below par and did not compare to other Comfort Inns which we use regularly. Room smelled but could not pin point. Next morning woke congested and sneezing. Slept horribly due to congestion. Left for a few hours and congestion cleared. Told front desk manager we would be checking out due to allergy and health issue. She didn't want to hear it. Charged us night we slept there and another night as it was 2 pm and check out was noon. Male clerk said we shouldn't be charged. She was rude to him and said she already charged us. Asked who to contact regarding refund and she said the general manager because the owners "don't even speak English." Went back to room to pack up and looked close at everything and spotted black on curtains, window sill, window, bathroom ceiling. There was the allergy issue and I don't need to tell you what the black was. Hotel is over 20 years old we hear and doesn't look like its ever been renovated. Just plopped a nice tv on dresser. Do not recommend this Comfort Inn and definitely won't ever return.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank 63-Mora
Thomas S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Our lodging establishment strive to make every guests' stay a positive one.
We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectation.

At every check-in, we always make sure our guests can feel welcomed which will lead to comfortness while they stay with us. If there can be of any issues, we ask our guests to tell us right away so that we can remediate the problem. Unfortunately, we were told of the situation after 2pm (normal check-out time is at 12 noon).

You also wanted to check-out days early instead of following your original reservation.
Our guest registration card in which you signed states that the "rate is based on length of stay. Additional charges may apply for early departure." Madam, our team tries our best to keep all of our guests 'happy.' That's one of the reason why a male desk agent jumped in to help; however, he was unaware of the entire situation.

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about our hotel. We are constantly updating our rooms and making renovations to fit our guests needs. We take pride in our property and will do what is needed to create a greater experience for our guests.
Please allow us another opportunity to serve you. Thank you.

Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

I came to town with my wife for my friend's wedding and stayed here for the weekend.
A welcoming staff greeted us from the start, followed by a nice cozy room where we relaxed our tiredness.

Breakfast is very good here especially warm sausages and scrambled eggs are my favorite here. My wife and I will surely come stay here again when we visit Kirkland.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for such a valuable comment. We will look forward to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We've stayed here before while visiting family in the area. Located right off the 405, it's convenient and economical....and OK. Some of the hotel seemed a bit tired, as did the front desk crew at times. Although always friendly, the front desk people always looked tired and bored and lacking things to do. I had no complaints with them; it's just an impression I got.
Our queen bed room was fine, but I think we'll spring for an extra $5 or $10 a night next time for a king or two queens, just for the extra space we'll get in the room.
I did have some issues regarding the breakfast. It's available until 9:30 and, by gosh, you had better get there before then. The attendant starts to close up 5-10 minutes ahead of time and at 9:30 on the dot the door gets closed. We usually got there by 9 to 9:15 and even by then, the remaining eggs (unappetizing looking dry disks of something not resembling eggs) were down to just a few and were never replenished during our breakfast times. I stuck to making my own waffles (the only place I've been to that offers two different batters...I really liked the cinnamon waffles). I must say the attendant was always cheerful and responsive...but was also very "efficient" about closing time. This was obviously a hotel used mostly by business people and travelers eager to be on their ways in the mornings, because even though the parking lot was full every night the breakfast area traffic seemed to be pretty much over by 9 a.m.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2012

When I arrived, I was greeted by the friendly staff behind the counter.

The Room was small and okay. Not a great view, but it was a room with a bed and shower. The place said it was non-smoking, but felt like it was a heavily smoked in place. There to me was a strong odor that was definitely a smoke smell.

Breakfast is not the best, but okay for what you are paying.

Would I stay here again.... Nope.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason N
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I wasn't expecting much. I live in the area, but we had to move out for a few days while the floors were refinished.

I travel a lot and have stayed in Comfort Inn hotels before so I knew what to expect. Breakfast... was there, but nothing special. I think what really stood out to me was the service.

When I arrived, I set a plastic clothes bag with my shower supplies next to the tub. I got back from work the following day and the bag was gone. Apparently, it had been thrown away by house keeping. Nothing was empty (my facewash was a full 5oz) and I just thought it was unacceptable to throw something away that WASN'T in the trash.

Staff tried to tell me that they 'looked for it but couldn't find it' and it took nearly a week to finally get someone to cough up a check for the facewash - the other stuff was cheap, but it cost a quarter of a night in the hotel. I guess I just found it odd that my stuff was so easily thrown away when it was no where near the trash.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. Would I stay at other comfort inn brand hotels? Yes. And I guess just keep my stuff packed up.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if stairs are an issue, stay on the main floor.