“Don't leave anything behind!”

Comfort Inn Kirkland
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The staff was very nice, the room was fine even though they had forgotten to put soap and other amenities in it.
We accidentally left a phone charger and a shirt behind. They refuse to send them to us unless we go online and pay for a pre-paid label with UPS, USPS or Fed-ex and then email the label to the hotel. We are traveling and unable to negotiate this online. I am very computer literate and although I tried to do this - using precious vacation time in a hotel lobby- I could not succeed. So after we get home, this means spending time trying to figure out how to get our stuff back. I offered to pay by credit card and they refused. Very frustrating.
One other thing: the breakfast was standard fare- mostly unhealthy food, but to see so manyvstyrofoam and plastic utensils going straight into the trash is hard to stomach.
I so wish hotels would use bio- degradable products and offer simple healthy breakfasts.
I also hope we can figure out how to get my husband's new shirt back.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Diane K
Comfort160, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Many thanks for giving us the chance to welcome you to our hotel, and for taking the time to reach out to us with your feedback. We really appreciate the kudos to our dedicated staff, it really means a lot to us and gives us the encouragement we need to do our very best at all times. As for your charger, and husbands shirt, I totally understand where your coming from, and I can imagine it must be frustrating but there isn't any actual way for us to send it to you using your credit card, and we don't have those types of charges in our system to go about that but again, if you call ups directly at 1 (800) 742-5877, they'll be able to assist you with that. Also, with breakfast, we have a standard that has to be met per our ChoiceHotels brand, so although we don't agree with styrofoam cups or plastic utensils either, we have to follow there policies. Thanks again, and we encourage you to reach out to us with any of your lingering concerns. Jeannette Chung/Front Desk/425.821.8300

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Traveling by myself I wanted a place to stay close to my daughter in Redmond. Even though the hotels in Redmond would have been convenient, they were quite expensive. I found this Comfort Inn to be a gem, not to far from Redmond and close to a ton of things to do. The drive to her house was pleasant and only 15 minutes (without traffic). The hotel is near the freeway and has a traffic light for ease of entering and exiting the establishment. With the traffic in the Washington area, this was very nice.
The staff were very friendly and always accommodating. I was allowed to choose my room, I'm a smoker so I wanted to be close to an exit door to go outside and smoke. I worried it would be a high traffic area, but I didn't hear anything outside my room as people walked in and out. The floors are a little creeky, but I could tell this was an older establishment, so it didn't bother me at all. The guests above me were heavy walkers I guess, cause I could hear them walk all the time, but that was only one night. (I stayed for three)
I had seen other reviews where there was no hot water, but I had no problems at all when showering. The bed was amazing, I slept like a baby. The free breakfast was awesome and always filling. The lady managing the breakfast was so friendly and made sure everything was stocked and everyone had a choice of items. The eggs and sausage never ran out :)
The hotel is literally two blocks away from a Hertz rental car where I was able to rent a reasonably priced car (three times less expensive than getting a car at SeaTac airport). I was able to pick up and drop my car off and walk to and from the hotel with no problem.
Shuttle service to SeaTac airport was very convenient (Shuttle Express only charged me $22 for a ride to the airport the day I left. It was a little more expensive($40) from the airport to the hotel).
To bad my daughter is moving to California, I would definitely stay at this Comfort Inn again to visit her.

Ten minutes away was Juanita beach where we spent the day in the water on Lake Washington. For late July the weather was perfect for us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Easy check in, clean rooms, and convenient to most of the Seattle area. We spent 3 nights and would return for another stay. The only drawback is the size of their breakfast room. If the hotel is busy, the room cannot accomodate even a fraction of the guests. People were eating in the lobby hallway or taking it back to their rooms to avoid the chaos.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were here for extended stay moving our son to Seattle. Great location near Seattle but better cost value than downtown.. Excellent and helpful staff. Rooms very comfortable. Would definitely plan to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We needed a hotel that was close to our sons home in Kirkland and decided to try the Comfort Inn in Kirkland. That was almost three years ago, and we won't stay anywhere else.. This place, from the friendly and caring staff to the lovely, clean rooms, to the delicious breakfasts, it is a comfortable, convenient and relaxing hotel. We have included my 86-year-old mother on our last two trips. The staff is attentive to her, and my request for a room for her near ours , was easily no problem. It has the great location , close to the freeway but not too close....no noise at all. The front desk staff couldn't have been nicer. So helpful and answered all our questions. This is the place to stay in the Kirkland area.

Room Tip: Roons on the street level are ideal for the elderly traveler..
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Comfort160, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Many thanks for being a loyal guest of our Comfort Inn and for taking the time to review your stay with such acclaim, Edna. We sincerely appreciate you sharing your experience with us, and we'll definitely use the feedback you provided to serve as an encouragement for all of us here.

We always want our guests to feel as if this is somewhere they could call there "home" away from home, and it is such a pleasure to hear that we were able to create such memorable impressions on your previous stays at our hotel. It is truly rewarding, and we hope to create many more positive experiences for you and your family in the years to come.

Thank you once again for your kind words of praise, and all our best on your travels ahead!

Warm regards...

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The staff at the Kirkland Comfort Inn are exceptional! Gabriella, Melanie, Meagan, Christina, Jackson, all were always cheerful, friendly and helpful. My daughter arrived in obvious pain, and they were so kind and interested. Successful back surgery and this kind staff made a hard time a bit more manageable! Our room was clean and quiet. Lots of good fresh options for breakfast. The Thai Mignon a few blocks away was a quick and delicious dinner place. Highly recommend especially if you will be using the Evergreen Facilities, just 3 blocks away.

Room Tip: No elevators so if you don't want lug luggage ask for a room on first floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank WenatcheeMom
Comfort160, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Many thanks for being a guest of our Comfort Inn and for taking the time to complete our online survey with such high remarks. It is certainly such a delight hearing that your stay was filled with positive experiences and that the attentive services of our team was able to keep spirits high during such a difficult time. We want all of our guests to feel as if this is somewhere the can feel at ease, safe, and comfortable at, sort of like a home away from home. Thank you once again for such encouraging words of praise, and I will definitely pass this kind review along to the team. We all wish your daughter the best in a swift recovery, all our best until next time!

Warm regards....
Jeannette Chung

Reviewed 3 March 2014

March 1, 2014 - I want to assure you that our experience here at Comfort Inn, Kirkland could not have been more pleasant. From the time of our check-in on 2/1 and during our long stay while my husband was being treated at Evergreen Hospital and Life Care Center of Kirkland, we had a wonderful relationship with the pleasant and efficient staff, Gabriella, the Mgr,. Maegen, the Desk Mgr., Jackson, Christina, Melanie. They were responsive to our several needs, cheerful and efficient, always responding to our requests in a fine manner. The updated rooms were clean and fresh looking, and the laundry filled our needs with our long stay. The Denny's Restaurant and Lounge next door was handy, and the nearby Café Veloce served fine Italian dinners, plus there are many other food options close by.

Room Tip: There are three floors to this Comfort Inn, and there is no elevator,. Since my husband is handicap...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Comfort160, Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Mrs. Janet,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review! We're very grateful to have had the opportunity to share our site and services with you, and we're thrilled that both of these offerings left such memorable impressions on you. Our staff members appreciate your comments and it only inspires us to continue demonstrating our great service and positive attitudes! Please be sure to reach out the next time you're in the area; it would be a pleasure to set the stage for your next visit. Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to take care of you & your husband, and all our best until we see you again!

Gabriella Sowh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Baymont Inn & Suites Seattle/Kirkland WA
Courtyard Seattle Kirkland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue / Kirkland
The Heathman Hotel Kirkland
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell

Been to Comfort Inn Kirkland? Share your experiences!