“Not ready for prime time”

Comfort Inn Kirkland
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Auburn, AL
“Not ready for prime time”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Got in late due to a 7 hour flight delay. Spent 10 minutes at the desk trying to check in. Pretty old style check in. Took an imprint of my credit card. Then went to our room only to find it hadn't been cleaned. The over all impression is of an old motel that is not quite renovated. Needless to say, we found a hotel with a clean room.
Overpriced for what we saw. May be the location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DDHAuburn_AL
Comfort160, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
We are so sorry to hear that your visit was cut short, and that we missed this opportunity to share our site and services with you. Our dedicated staff work around the clock, and puts forth every effort possible to create an experience that certainly can be remembered for all the right reasons. In this instance, that clearly wasn't the case, and we apologize for those noted shortcomings you encountered during your brief time with us. We hope that you'll deem this an isolated incident, and understand that this is not what you'd typically experience as a guest here at our hotel. We'll be certain to follow-up and address these concerns on your behalf with our housekeeping and management team to prevent recurrence, and hope that you'll reach out to us with those that might still be unresolved. All our best until then, and thank you for your stay and continued attention.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Joyce, Washington
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

This filled my needed for overnight lodging near a morning appointment, and was reasonably priced within the overheated summer rates in the Puget Sound area. Older property, no elevator, but maintained. Bed was pretty comfy with nice pillows. I had requested a quiet room and was given one in the back. Room seemed clean. Good free wifi. Coffee maker and fridge in room. Breakfast area clean, with a decent selection of breakfast basics. Staff friendly. Downsides: Room had heavy smell of deodorizer when I entered it (but windows are operable), and the key card locked me out of the room when I went to breakfast in the am, meaning a trip downstairs to the front desk to get it fixed.
Overall, it worked for me at an affordable price.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Kirkland for 1 week. We were neither impressed or disappointed. We stayed on the 3rd floor which does not have any elevator access, just a lot of stairs. We do not mind the exercise, until we are carrying a lot of luggage. Several trips were needed to carry everything up since the luggage carts where unusable without an elevator. We were greeted in our room by a huge spider, which my teenager quickly relocated, and it seemed the room had been used to change clothes since clothing tags were found on the floor. Other than that it was acceptable. Clean, quiet and centrally located for our needs. The pool is private and we had tons of fun spending a full day swimming. The staff was friendly and the free breakfast was adequate. Overall, a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Carbondale, Colorado
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The staff was very nice, the room was fine even though they had forgotten to put soap and other amenities in it.
We accidentally left a phone charger and a shirt behind. They refuse to send them to us unless we go online and pay for a pre-paid label with UPS, USPS or Fed-ex and then email the label to the hotel. We are traveling and unable to negotiate this online. I am very computer literate and although I tried to do this - using precious vacation time in a hotel lobby- I could not succeed. So after we get home, this means spending time trying to figure out how to get our stuff back. I offered to pay by credit card and they refused. Very frustrating.
One other thing: the breakfast was standard fare- mostly unhealthy food, but to see so manyvstyrofoam and plastic utensils going straight into the trash is hard to stomach.
I so wish hotels would use bio- degradable products and offer simple healthy breakfasts.
I also hope we can figure out how to get my husband's new shirt back.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Diane K
Comfort160, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Many thanks for giving us the chance to welcome you to our hotel, and for taking the time to reach out to us with your feedback. We really appreciate the kudos to our dedicated staff, it really means a lot to us and gives us the encouragement we need to do our very best at all times. As for your charger, and husbands shirt, I totally understand where your coming from, and I can imagine it must be frustrating but there isn't any actual way for us to send it to you using your credit card, and we don't have those types of charges in our system to go about that but again, if you call ups directly at 1 (800) 742-5877, they'll be able to assist you with that. Also, with breakfast, we have a standard that has to be met per our ChoiceHotels brand, so although we don't agree with styrofoam cups or plastic utensils either, we have to follow there policies. Thanks again, and we encourage you to reach out to us with any of your lingering concerns. Jeannette Chung/Front Desk/425.821.8300
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Traveling by myself I wanted a place to stay close to my daughter in Redmond. Even though the hotels in Redmond would have been convenient, they were quite expensive. I found this Comfort Inn to be a gem, not to far from Redmond and close to a ton of things to do. The drive to her house was pleasant and only 15 minutes (without traffic). The hotel is near the freeway and has a traffic light for ease of entering and exiting the establishment. With the traffic in the Washington area, this was very nice.
The staff were very friendly and always accommodating. I was allowed to choose my room, I'm a smoker so I wanted to be close to an exit door to go outside and smoke. I worried it would be a high traffic area, but I didn't hear anything outside my room as people walked in and out. The floors are a little creeky, but I could tell this was an older establishment, so it didn't bother me at all. The guests above me were heavy walkers I guess, cause I could hear them walk all the time, but that was only one night. (I stayed for three)
I had seen other reviews where there was no hot water, but I had no problems at all when showering. The bed was amazing, I slept like a baby. The free breakfast was awesome and always filling. The lady managing the breakfast was so friendly and made sure everything was stocked and everyone had a choice of items. The eggs and sausage never ran out :)
The hotel is literally two blocks away from a Hertz rental car where I was able to rent a reasonably priced car (three times less expensive than getting a car at SeaTac airport). I was able to pick up and drop my car off and walk to and from the hotel with no problem.
Shuttle service to SeaTac airport was very convenient (Shuttle Express only charged me $22 for a ride to the airport the day I left. It was a little more expensive($40) from the airport to the hotel).
To bad my daughter is moving to California, I would definitely stay at this Comfort Inn again to visit her.

Ten minutes away was Juanita beach where we spent the day in the water on Lake Washington. For late July the weather was perfect for us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Easy check in, clean rooms, and convenient to most of the Seattle area. We spent 3 nights and would return for another stay. The only drawback is the size of their breakfast room. If the hotel is busy, the room cannot accomodate even a fraction of the guests. People were eating in the lobby hallway or taking it back to their rooms to avoid the chaos.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Escanaba, Michigan
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were here for extended stay moving our son to Seattle. Great location near Seattle but better cost value than downtown.. Excellent and helpful staff. Rooms very comfortable. Would definitely plan to stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Baymont Inn & Suites Seattle/Kirkland WA
Courtyard Seattle Kirkland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue / Kirkland
Redmond Inn
Redmond Inn
#4 of 8 in Redmond
The Heathman Hotel Kirkland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell

Been to Comfort Inn Kirkland? Share your experiences!