“You feel like you are home!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Texas
“You feel like you are home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

This is a great place to stay in the Seattle area. I loved this hotel. I have no complaints about the service, the food or the suite. I shared a suite and adjoining room with a friend for a "girls getaway". We had a great lake view! The staff was outstanding specifically, James, Zach and Cassandra. Each day, I felt like I was home. Room service was used for breakfast everyday and it was always on time according to our requests. The assistance from the Concierge for dining and touring was great. We were greeted by Woody almost everyday. I'm not a pet owner, but it was great to see him in the lobby when we would leave for the day and return. I love the walking trails around the hotel and took advantage of them. You must take advantage of the boat ride on Lake Washington offered by the hotel . That experience was simply stellar! I'd return to this hotel every time I travel to the area. Great service, cleanliness, availability of a Spa and excellent room service are important to me when I travel. The Woodmark met and/or exceeding all of my expectations!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
wmmanager, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, 20 August 2011
Thanks so much for acknowledging some of our team members that helped to enhance your "girls getaway" weekend. They work very hard to make each guests stay special. I've had the chance to speak to each of them and they were so happy to see your nice comments.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Thanks so much
John

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Bothell, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

Never-mind that the day was beautiful on Lake Washington...but it doesn't hurt to have such wonderful surroundings!

We stayed at the Woodmark to celebrate another wonderful year together. This was our first time to stay over night at this well appointed boutique hotel but the expectations were high because of the rave reviews that we've read. We were certainly not disappointed! The room itself didn't face the water but that didn't matter. It was clean, well stocked with snacks (although not free) and amenities that you'd expect in higher end hotels. We had dinner at the more casual dining establishment in the hotel and were satisfied...loved the sweet potato fries!

Since we were there for only one night to reconnect and unwind, our primary purpose was certainly fulfilled. We will surely be back for another visit.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We're so glad you chose to spend the night with us to celebrate your special occasion and enjoy our Sweet Potato Fries in the Beach Cafe. We look forward to seeing you again soon and we'd like to work with you to get a water view this time.

Maple Ridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a romantic weekend away May 13th - 15th. We probably never would have come across this place if it weren't for a Travelzoo promotion, but I'm so glad we did!

We arrived on a Friday night and check-in was super quick. We were each given a complimentary glass of champagne (nice touch!) and were off to our room. The room we were booked in was "Partial Lakeview" which, from experience, usually means you don't get much of a view at all. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the curtains to a gorgeous view of the sunset over the lake! If our room was only considered "Partial Lakeview", I can only imagine what a "Lakeview" room is like! The room was well appointed, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom amenities were definitely above average! We really enjoyed the "raiding-the-pantry" late at night... they had pop, chips, chocolate, sandwiches and a couple hot dishes each night. I thought that was such a great idea... too bad more places don't do the same!

The first night, we just grabbed some "Happy Hour" drinks and appies from the Beach Cafe. The lounge had a nice atmosphere going on and the patio looked like it would be an awesome place to have a few drinks once the weather is a little warmer. Try the mini burgers with the bacon onion jam - they're to die for! We also had breakfast here both mornings, which was good as well.

The 2nd night we had dinner at Bin on the Lake, which was really nice. Unfortunately, it was pouring rain and foggy, so we couldn't really appreciate the lake view, but our server was great and the food was delicious! We had the Ahi Tuna Tartar to start and that was incredible!

The area around the hotel was nice and we enjoyed sitting out on the marina dock looking at the stars (quite romantic)! It is worth noting that there is not a whole lot within walking distance of the hotel and it's a good 5-10 minute drive to the nearest convenience store for wine, etc. This wasn't a big deal for us, but it might be for some.

The icing on the cake for me was when we checked out on Sunday morning. There was a $10 mini-bar charge on our bill. I simply said to the front desk rep that we didn't use the mini-bar and she immediately apologized and removed the charge without hesitation. It sounds like such a simple thing, but the fact that they just removed the charges, no questions asked and no arguments involved, speaks volumes to their customer service!

To sum up - we had an awesome time and I'm sure we'll be back sometime in the (hopefully not-so-distant) future. The Woodmark has a distinct B&B type feel, but with all the privacy and convenience of a big hotel!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
lacey, wa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

so I can't really write a proper review of this hotel, since, though I had made reservations a month in advance for a fun girls getaway, upon entering the hotel (which there was no one outside to greet us, take our bags, or park our car). We were told they had overbooked the hotel and given our reservation to another patron.
In an effort to "help" they had scheduled a hotel for us to stay in Bellevue, 17min away, and they were willing to pay for the hotel cost for that night. We were told the room/hotel was comparable to theirs and sent us on our way.
Unfortunately, besides the massive inconvenience, and sheer disappointment of not getting to stay in what we hoped to be a luxurious and relaxing resort hotel, the hotel they sent us to, while nice, was something fit for business travelers.
The positive I can pull from our experience is the staff did listen to my very thorough complaint of the horrible circumstance I found myself in without lashing out or giving to many excuses. They knew it was not a good situation and knew the hotel we were sent to wasn't up to par. We were offered complimentary stay cert. which, while nice, I'm not sure I care to use.
So while I'm sure this is a very fabulous hotel, be warned...if they over book, they will give your reservation away to someone else instead of telling the new patrons they are already full.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Melissa B
Dear Valued Guest,

I'd like to offer my apology for being over booked on the night of your reservation. We work very hard not to be in this situation, however, this was not the case for you and your girlfriends. In the future we plan to avoid putting our guests into this situation. Thanks for taking the time to speak with our team regarding your dissatisfaction. We hope to have the opportunity to have you return to the Woodmark Hotel someday soon.

New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

This is a nice hotel, with a boutique feel, a bit off the beaten path for a Seattle visit. Forget public transportation and just park the rental car in the underground garage. There is access to a fitness facility somewhere within the complex where the hotel is located. Walking/running options offer limited waterfront access, best to head towards the main road and join the party of fellow ambulators.

Now about the view...my room (and my colleague's room) faced a courtyard that was used for a wedding/reception and another event over the weekend. We were treated to microphone-projected speeches, music, and people talking until the wee hours of the morning. Basically, it meant little rest. I was too bleary-eyed to enjoy the spectacular lake views in the mornings. If you crave peace & quiet, skip the lake view room. You can walk out and join the revelers if you are inspired.

They try to do a good job. The rooms are well-appointed. The hotel dog is adorable and the staff eager to please.

Room Tip: Check the wedding & event schedule before booking a room overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank OutWanderin
san jose, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

From the check in process where we were warmly welcomed and offered a glass of champagne, to the end of our stay 4 days later, everything was fantastic. We had our family of 4 staying in a 2q room, and the beds were actually queens, not doubles like some hotels try and pass off as queens. Our room overlooked Lake Washington and the view was beautiful. We heard nothing from either side of our room nor down the hall. While not being a huge room, there was still plenty of room for all of us. It's a pretty easy walk from here to downtown Kirkland with lots of restaurants and shops. We did the boat tour one afternoon which was a cool way to see a different side of the Seattle area. Highly recommend this hotel. Our kids were made to feel welcome and not looked down upon at all.

Room Tip: waterfront room is worth the extra. Look for deals on travelzoo
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

Previous reviews have included wonderful remarks like " Outstanding Service", Magnificent Views", Wonderful Property".......well, they are all true.
My wife and I just celebrated our 30th anniversary there and had a wonderful weekend. Splurge for a lakefront balcony don't be one of those travelers who claim they only use the hotel for sleeping. This hotel is on a nice piece of property where you can enjoy the sun, short stroll or long walks or runs into Kirkland Marina. A couple of nice restaurants and even a Starbucks across the street. You are set for a romantic time, of course it helps to have gorgeous weather like we did.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Inn at the Market
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,960 reviews
Hotel 1000
#11 of 100 in Seattle
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,939 reviews

Been to Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa? Share your experiences!