“Great location, great service”

Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I frequently stay at the Woodmark Hotel on Lake Washington. It's a beautiful location -- when the skies aren't raining you have views of snow covered peaks on the other side of the lake. There's a jogging / walking trail around the lake and a marina to capture your attention, if you love boats like I do.

The rooms are huge and facing the lake -- really quite a treat. At night they open up their "pantry" and you can raid it for the best snacks to satisfy your late night cravings. For Free!

The front desk does a great job of greeting you and tending to your needs. I never rent a car but take advantage of the hotel shuttle bus -- they will drive you where you want to go for dinner etc. for free. I use this to head into Bellvue for one of the great restaurants that are there.

The bar at the Woodmark is also well stocked and friendly and the food is good. All-in-all you can't go wrong staying at the Woodmark!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RiveraceAustin
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to complete our guest survey and for providing us with such positive feedback. All guest feedback is of great value and provides us with the ability to acknowledge outstanding performance within our team.

Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and guest loyalty our highest reward. The entire staff of the Woodmark Hotel takes great pride in earning consistently high levels of guest satisfaction scores and rankings. The greatest value is seeing our guests return to the Woodmark Hotel again and again.

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and for providing us with your comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of personal assistance to you in the planning of your next visit.

In the meantime, I remain, at your service.

Cordially,
Howard Jacobs - General Manager

Reviewed 22 June 2013

I've stayed in this hotel several times, and I really love it. The staff has always been friendly and helpful, which goes a long way in my book. The rooms are nicely appointed (although they are getting close to needing an update, not a big deal for me). We have stayed in several room types, and by far the best was a corner balcony room facing the water. I love being around nature as much as possible, and the view of Lake Washington is second to none in my opinion. Having a glass of wine on the balcony at sunset while listening to the waves gently lapping is just...perfect. I will say that the rooms that don't face the water are not quite as magical, although they are still luxuriously appointed. The bed and sheets were very comfortable.

If you can, try to take one of the boat trips that the Woodmark offers. They own a charming, revamped 1950's speedboat and you can take a ride for about $25 if I recall. It only takes a couple of hours, and you get a really nice tour of Lake Washington.

We really enjoyed walking the property, which you can walk all the way to downtown Kirkland (about 15 minutes walk). You walk along Lake Washington the entire way, and pass beautiful streams, parks, and shops.

We ate dinner at Beach Club Cafe, which is a casual restaurant at the hotel. The burgers were tasty and cooked well, we sat outside and were happy.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are in the area and appreciate a luxury hotel in a beautiful, natural setting.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the water, even if it doesn't have a balcony. I would definitely choos...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Dear Valued Woodmark Guest,

Thank you for taking time to complete our guest survey and for providing us with such positive feedback. All guest feedback is of great value and provides us with the ability to acknowledge outstanding performances across our associates.

I understand you have many choices when traveling to the East Seattle area. Your satisfaction is our highest reward.

I thank you for choosing to stay with us and for providing us with your comments and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Howard Jacobs

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We had a family Father's Day weekend get-together at the Woodmark and rented three suites upon the recommendation of our daughter who has stayed here on numerous occasions. I was impressed with just about everything at this hotel, having stayed at many high-end hotels throughout the world. In the spacious and airy room, no amenity was missing; bathrobes, iPod dock, full selection of mini-bar snacks and drinks, full complement of bathroom shampoos, conditioners, moisturizers, deluxe coffee maker with an ample supply of various coffees and teas, iron, ironing board, hair drier, etc., etc. ...even a large supply of Q-tips and cotton balls in the bathroom. There was ample free parking and a friendly and eager-to-please young staff, along with wonderful views of Lake Washington and lakeside paths for walking. But, with all of this luxury, there was one thing missing. The one thing that everyone needs but no one seems to ever talk about...Premium Quality Toilet Tissue!! C'mon, Woodmark!! Get it right! Your toilet tissue is the cheapest, thinnest, see-through, have-to-use-twice-as-much, buy-in-bulk stuff that most people wouldn't get caught dead using in their homes!! You're not saving any money by using this cheap stuff since you have to use twice as much to get the job done! It's a false economy of scale! Oh, yes, and the same is true for the facial tissues... skimpy, commercial-grade, low quality product that is a poor substitute for the Kleenex you would buy for your own home. The funny thing is that, in casual discussion about the Hotel, this subject came up and everyone agreed with my observations! Now, many would consider this a minor detail and you WILL notice that I still gave you a five-star rating. But, you must admit, this "minor" detail affects virtually everyone intimately and, would be such an easy "fix." So, Woodmark, Just a suggestion if you want to get it perfect...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My mother and I came to the Woodmark to celebrate her 60th and my 36th this past Saturday. Upon check in there was a gentleman named Jeff who was exteremely helpful and nice. Our good Experience ended there. Went to the spa for pedicures. The spa staff was not friendly and or directing us what we needed to do or offering us anything. The pedicure ladies were very nice. After that we headed to the Beach Cafe. Nobody there was friendly. From the guy who sat us to the server there wasn't a smile. Went to the room and we didn't have a balcony but we did have a lakeview and a slider. There were spider webs all around the front of the door and little metal pieces I thought for a nice hotel this is something that should be taken care of for regular maintenance. We then proceeded to The Bin restaurant. We got seated in a back spot with no window view. Sat there for 15 minutes as servers came and went and nobody helped us. We didn't even get water as the guy was filling up waters of people who came in after us. My mom got up and grabbed someone. I wish I knew her name she had an accent and was really sweet and did accomodate us by bringing us some champange on the house. The waitress finally made her way over.The food was really good. Small plates and a bit pricey but it was good food. In the morning I went to take a bath and there was zero hot water to do so. Upon checkout the gentlemen who greeted us also greeted us again. The two highlights of the stay were Jeff and his sweet smile in the beignning and in the end.Thanks Jeff for your sweet smile and assistance. We then got to the valet and the gentlemen there also had no smile and wasn't eager to help us with our bags. Then we drove off and are happy to say we won't be making another trip back any time soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
wmmanager, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

I would like to express my sincere appreciation for you taking time to share your comments with the readers of Trip Advisor. All guest feedback is of great value and provides us with the ability to acknowledge outstanding performances, as well as to quickly identify areas needing attention and improvement.

We truly did not deliver on our commitement to provide great service to you and your mother. And for this I want to express our sincerest apologies. I have met with all the departments involved so they are aware of the consequences of not delivering on our promise to deliver stellar service to all of our guests.

We value your business and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

John

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding that was held at the hotel and everything was fantastic! We had such a great time, the service and the staff were all so much more than we expected. We will certainly return soon!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Nice and warm staff, super clean and romantic rooms, quiet and beautiful neighbourhood
Large comfortable beds and pretty new and clean bathroom.
I really liked the idea of snack from 11 pm till 1 am
You should try bin on the lake restaurant as well as the breakfast in beach cafe
Decoration and interior of the lobby was also warm and welcoming
Price was reasonable
Self parking is $13.

Room Tip: Ask for lake view room and don't miss the sunshine.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This was our first visit to the Woodmark Hotel which we researched on TripAdvisor and other sites prior to making our booking. Our first impression of the hotel was the quality of service exhibited by all the staff. For example, upon our arrival we received a warm welcome, which included a glass of champagne and offered both bell-hop and valet service. A staff member even took the time to physically show us our room options before we made our final choice. The room we chose was immaculate and included a beautiful view of Lake Washington. Over the weekend, we dined in one of the hotel restaurants which we found to be exemplary. During our first night in the early morning hours, we experienced a disruptive situation (noisy neighbours); however, the front desk staff responded immediately and rectified the situation by moving us to an upgraded suite in the middle of the night. The following morning, the Manager and General Manager took the time to personally meet with us and apologize for this unfortunate incident. Our understanding is that this situation is not typical of the clientele of this high-end hotel. They showed great concern and generously compensated us for our inconvenience. Our experience at this hotel was exceptional and we highly recommend it as it proved to exceed all of our expectations. The attentiveness to our needs by the staff over the course of the weekend made our wedding engagement incredibly special! We look forward to returning to celebrate our first year anniversary. In closing, we would like to take this opportunity to express our deepest gratitude to the General Manager and to each and every staff member for making our stay very memorable! Paul and June

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
#1 of 29 in Bellevue
Inn at the Market
#1 of 103 in Seattle
Downtown
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
#4 of 103 in Seattle

Been to Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa? Share your experiences!