“Great view”

Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Kirkland
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Very nice hotel, at the Site of the water. Unfortunately my room faced the other way, so only got a small part of the view. The rooms are very nice and we'll suited for business travel (although I had the impression this is used a lot for weddings in the summer). Breakfast was ok. Parking under the hotel is handy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water, the view is stunning
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,148)

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I booked the woodmark hotel for my wedding on 6/15/2013. I need to mention the only reason why i would recommend or suggest this place to anyone is for the view and just that.
To me its a very basic regular bouqtiqu hotel that overcharges and takes advantage of the fact that the Northwest doesnt offer any competition on where to have weddings.
I thought the service and the food they offer could have been way more and better, for the amount they charge.
Also for a place that cost that much i would expect a bridal suite and not board rooms and also most decent wedding places will provide you a bridal attendant and some refreshments in your room, at the woodmark they provide NOTHING, unless you pay for it. They nickle and dime you for every thing . I came up to the bridal suite to get my touch up done and take a break after beign in the sum all morning taking pictures, and although gave us a comp room, they insisted on my wedding day with all my guest standing right behind me, that i give then a credit card? i am like what if i didnt have it, all couldnt you tell me this before hand or at least let me enjoy my wedding, ?? how pathetic, then i get to the room and nothing, no snacks, no food nothing.

Forget about the service i recieved before the wedding, very unprofessional, they change staff every month, the person who booked my wedding wasnt the person who finished working on it, i had to keep going over details and referring to older emails to get everyone on the same page. I give them 3 starts because of the venue and oh i should mention if you plan on having a wedding there, plan on hiring wedding cordinators because they help you with NOTHING they pretty much provide you with the space and thats it.!

Room Tip: Plan to spend alot, this is an over priced northwest hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you Nnekajuf for your comments posted today on Trip Advisor. I am so concerned about the feedback specific to the wedding you participated in as this is not our typical high focus of both service and product presentation.

I was the Manager on Duty throughout the weekend and only wish I had the opportunity to meet with you in real time. I am confident we could have addressed the challenges and concluded the departure from the Woodmark on a positive note.

With this said, I welcome speaking with you further about your overall stay and can be reached directly at 425-803-5565. Your business is important to us and I look forward to the discussion.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your thoughts to trip Advisor.

General manager

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We had a gift certificate for a king sized water view room and a couples massage. Check in was super fast, the massage was nice and the hotel itself was super nice. The ONLY complaint I have is that we charged the gratuity for the massages to the room. Then on checkout, we found that we had also been charged for the massages as well. They said they would reverse the charge, so no big deal. But they also reversed the gratuity. We ended up paying the gratuity separately, which turned into an awkward situation with the spa. Anyway, my husband got his credit card statement and they had still charged the massages and gratuity! I called the hotel this morning and all they would say was that the charge had been reversed. My husband had to call them with proof of the charge and now it will take forever for things to be set right. The hotel and staff were really nice, but that left a bad impression trying to sort out that mess.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Melissa S
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed at the Woodmark for two nights.... The rooms are amazing and the
staff was responsive... The annoying thing is that they don't tell you is that
they have loud weddings and music on weekends right outside your room windows.
So up until 1:00 am it's very loud with music and (very happy), (hiccup) people.
The next morning you are awakened by the workers tearing it down.. No win situation
here my friends... We asked to be moved but they were booked. Wouldn't have mattered
anyway because no matter where you were you heard it all.....

Room Tip: Ask what they are going to hold you your credit card.... Hotels are always different and will hold...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Doloresbell

Hello Doloresbell and a true disappointment to hear the challenges you encountered at the Woodmark Hotel this past weekend with the wedding activities and resulting breakdown of equipment the following day.

I am meeting with our team as we speak to insure we are proactive during such future events on property in support of an excellent overnight stay for our guests.

I hope to regain your trust in providing a 1 of a kind experience in the future without such interruptions and would welcome speaking with you directly. i cerrtainly know you have many choices when staying in our region and want to remain your 1st choice in hotels.

I can be reached at 425-803-5565 and look forward to connecting with you.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed at the Woodmark over the July 4th weekend. The location on the water is wonderful, with lovely walking paths along the marina. The staff is courteous and helpful. There are plenty of nearby restaurants. We found our balcony king room overlooking the lake to be perfect for viewing the sunsets. The mattresses and showers are great.

The one downer -- the hotel is a popular destination for weddings, and in fact, five were booked for this weekend. Unfortunately, the hotel has no decibel limit on the band music! On Saturday evening, the band was scheduled to play until 11 pm. The outdoor wedding arena is directly under the lakeside rooms and the shape of the hotel acts as a sound magnifier. Even with our balcony door closed, and the drapes pulled, the band might just as well have been playing in our room.

We spoke to the front desk who then contacted the wedding coordinator who refused to have the band play just slightly softer. I understand the concept that those paying for a reception should have their preference of how it is run, but a little consideration for other guests wouldn't be unreasonable.

That said, the hotel management did all in their power to help and moved us to a lovely suite on the other side of the hotel from the music, as well as applying a discount for that night's room. We really couldn't ask for more, and would be happy to stay there again, but with a little more research as to scheduled activities for our proposed stay, and attention to room location.

Room Tip: See above narration.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 737jock

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback about the Woodmark Hotel during your visit last weekend.

I am so disappointed you were negatively impacted by the wedding that was occurring during your stay. We are focused on insuring we balance the sound levels of those events going forward to insure it does not cause discomfort to our overnight guests.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further and can be reached directly 425-803-5565 and stand ready to extend an offer in the future that will be flawless.

Thank you in advance and look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Woodmark for 3 days in late June. We travel extensively and this place makes me believe in quality accommodations again! When we checked in, the upgrade was already in place--didn't even have to ask for it. The room was outstanding--beautiful lakefront views, comfortable bed, good tv and a fabulous shower! What made Woodmark really stand out, though, was the little things: an ice machine with the ice already bagged; free late night snacks at 11:00pm; free bikes and kayaks; and a very friendly and helpful staff. We will always stay at The Woodmark when in Seattle!

1  Thank Ed N
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest.

Thank you for taking time to complete our guest survey and for providing us with such positive feedback. All guest feedback is of great value and provides us with the ability to acknowledge outstanding performance with our team.

Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and guest loyalty our highest reward. The entire staff of the Woodmark Hotel takes great pride in earning consistently high levels of guest satisfaction scores and rankings. The best testament is seeing our guests return to the Woodmark Hotel again and again.

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and for providing us with your comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of assistance to you in the planning of your next visit.

In the meantime I remain at your service.

Cordially,
Howard Jacobs - General Manager

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Superb location over looking lake Washington and classy hotel. Needs a few more seats outside. Happy hour eats/drinks good value, restaurant very good. Conciege the best I have known. Staff very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Thank you Peter and your comments about the Woodmark made my day!

Our Lake Washington Hotel and restaurants are 1 of a kind and remain so thankful for your time providing the feedback. You can count on me to share the positive thoughts with our team!

I look forward to seeing you at the Woodmark again soon.

Howard Jacobs

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
#1 of 29 in Bellevue
The Westin Bellevue
#6 of 29 in Bellevue
Belltown
The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel

Been to Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa? Share your experiences!