“Travelocity nightmare SOLVED by Mike @ Woodmark”

Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Travelocity nightmare SOLVED by Mike @ Woodmark”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I booked our reservation on Travelocity the morning of the day of arrival. We arrived at the hotel around 6 p.m. & we were told that we had no reservation, they've been sold out for days & they had no rooms at all. I had the Travelocity confirmation that showed we had a confirmed reservation. I know this was a Travelocity glitch & don't blame Woodmark.

I was very upset because we were exhausted & had really looked forward to a relaxing evening at a nice hotel by the water. Mike was sympathetic and professional. He took charge & found us a room at the Westin downtown Seattle, arranged for Woodmark to pay for our night there, in addition to offering us a refund.

The whole mess ended up being a blessing in disguise because we loved staying in downtown Seattle & got to see so much more than we expected to.

Instead of taking the refund we asked Mike if he had any rooms available for the following night since we were planning to be in the area 2 nights, which he did. After a great night at the Westin & a fabulous day in downtown Seattle, we came back to the Woodmark for the next night's stay. Our room was upgraded & beautiful, the service was impeccable, the location was spectacular and we absolutely loved the Woodmark & will definitely stay here again. The "raid the pantry" was so fun too! Free snacks from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m.

This was our first trip to the Seattle area and we can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: we loved the balcony in the room
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank De H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This property is truly beautiful. Perfect location on the Lake. Nice restaurants. Lots of Microsoft, t Mobile and Costco money running around. Rooms are nice, but a notch below Four Seasons level. Biggest complaint is the Junior Varsity staff that runs the place. I check in at 10:50 and the 22 year old girl tells me that I'm "good" to order room service. Well, thanks, "dude". I order and a high school intern puts me on hold for 11 minutes and the returns saying "dude, the chefs are like totally gone". I then eat whatever is in the minibar for dinner, cursing Spicolli and his burn out friends. What type of 4-5 star hotel doesn't have 24 hour room service? Come on! This is Seattle not Yakima! This place has potential, but clearly needs new management and staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mr_Four_Star
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you Mr. Four Star for your feedback about your recent stay at the Woodmark Hotel. My name is Howard Jacobs and as the General Manager of the Hotel am very concerned about the challenges you encoutered with the Reception team.

I can assure you that this is not the typical type of interaction our guests receive or would expect and will certainly address across our staff.

I know you have many choices when traveling to the Greater Kirkland, WA area and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to discussing your comments with the team today.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The hotel has a superb location on the lake edge. Quiet but a short distance away from bars and restaurants and also downtown Redmond and Bellevue.
Rooms are a good size and well appointed.
There is an excellent restauarnt / bar attached to the hotel. Staff are helpful and friendly. A case in point; we were making a presenation to a well known local software company and needed to change the input to the TV set in the room to review our presentation. The front desk sent a maintainance man who made the alteration in minutes with no charge.
Negitives; I honestly cannot think of any! The hotel is ideal for business users and for anyone seeking a quiet retreat. Over the years my wife and I have used it scores of times

Room Tip: Obvious really - ask for a lake view but not one close to the lobby otherwise you can hear the chime...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you SliderB for your kind comments about the Woodmark Hotel. I look forward to sharing your feedback with our team today and remain thankful for your business. I hope to see you on an upcoming visit to the Kirkland, WA region and thank you again for your patronage.

best regards,

howard Jacobs
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We went here for my wife's birthday weekend and used our Living Social coupon. The hotel was excellent. When we arrived we were greeted by the check-in staff with glasses of champagne. Nice start. The service stayed excellent throughout our stay. We also had valet parking included and that was a nice extra touch.

The room was very spacious with a view of Lake Washington. The bathroom was very luxurious and included robes.

The only negative to the stay was that there was a wedding reception going on and our room was very close to where it was being held and thus quite a bit of noise.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the lobby to avoid the noise of a wedding reception.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello werthmeister- Howard Jacobs, GM of the Woodmark Hotel reaching out to you. We are so thankful for you taking the time to share your overall positive experience during your recent visit.

I do want to apologize for the music level from a wedding event that evening and we continue to focus on these type of functions at the hotel to monitor sound volume and insure we do not disturb our valued guests.

I look forward to seeing you at our World Class East Seattle based - Kirkland, WA Hotel in the near future and remain thankful for your business.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Bathroom is like it was your own at home, beds are very comfortable and decor very pleasing. A clean, comfortable room with great views and excellent staff. Midnight snack was waiting for us when we arrived late in the evening. Next time we go there we'll stay longer and just enjoy.

Room Tip: pay the extra dollars to get the lake view, it's worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Hello dolittle30 and great to read your feedback about the Woodmark Hotel on Trip Advisor today.

I look forward to sharing your comments across our team and am truly thankful for your business.

Have an excellent day and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Very nice hotel, at the Site of the water. Unfortunately my room faced the other way, so only got a small part of the view. The rooms are very nice and we'll suited for business travel (although I had the impression this is used a lot for weddings in the summer). Breakfast was ok. Parking under the hotel is handy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water, the view is stunning
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
NY
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I booked the woodmark hotel for my wedding on 6/15/2013. I need to mention the only reason why i would recommend or suggest this place to anyone is for the view and just that.
To me its a very basic regular bouqtiqu hotel that overcharges and takes advantage of the fact that the Northwest doesnt offer any competition on where to have weddings.
I thought the service and the food they offer could have been way more and better, for the amount they charge.
Also for a place that cost that much i would expect a bridal suite and not board rooms and also most decent wedding places will provide you a bridal attendant and some refreshments in your room, at the woodmark they provide NOTHING, unless you pay for it. They nickle and dime you for every thing . I came up to the bridal suite to get my touch up done and take a break after beign in the sum all morning taking pictures, and although gave us a comp room, they insisted on my wedding day with all my guest standing right behind me, that i give then a credit card? i am like what if i didnt have it, all couldnt you tell me this before hand or at least let me enjoy my wedding, ?? how pathetic, then i get to the room and nothing, no snacks, no food nothing.

Forget about the service i recieved before the wedding, very unprofessional, they change staff every month, the person who booked my wedding wasnt the person who finished working on it, i had to keep going over details and referring to older emails to get everyone on the same page. I give them 3 starts because of the venue and oh i should mention if you plan on having a wedding there, plan on hiring wedding cordinators because they help you with NOTHING they pretty much provide you with the space and thats it.!

Room Tip: Plan to spend alot, this is an over priced northwest hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you Nnekajuf for your comments posted today on Trip Advisor. I am so concerned about the feedback specific to the wedding you participated in as this is not our typical high focus of both service and product presentation.

I was the Manager on Duty throughout the weekend and only wish I had the opportunity to meet with you in real time. I am confident we could have addressed the challenges and concluded the departure from the Woodmark on a positive note.

With this said, I welcome speaking with you further about your overall stay and can be reached directly at 425-803-5565. Your business is important to us and I look forward to the discussion.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your thoughts to trip Advisor.

General manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
#1 of 29 in Bellevue
Downtown
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
#3 of 101 in Seattle
Grand Hyatt Seattle
#6 of 101 in Seattle

Been to Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa? Share your experiences!