“Wonderful staff”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Dickinson, North Dakota, United States
“Wonderful staff”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This was a fantastic hotel. The staff was top of the line. Jeff was there as soon as anything was requested. Davis took me on a tour of the property the next day, and was very informative. The one down side.. No pool or hot tub... The rooms were so nice and inviting. It is also great that they are pet friendly. I booked this hotel with my LaQuinta Inn & Suites return points. I'm so glad I found it online... Thanks for all your hard work!!

Room Tip: This is a wonderful hotel to stay at. Especially if you have pets!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Washington, Utah
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Our kids gave us a night here for our joint birthdays. Friendly staff at check-in, and hot cider to warm us on a cool, windy afternoon. Lovely room overlooking the lake (even with a discounted rate). We looked forward to dinner out and a quiet evening enjoying our room. Unfortunately there was a large group in the event tent right under our window. The microphone brought the host's voice right into our room, the beat of the music was constant, and the cheers from the crowd made us feel like we were sitting at a sporting event. Turning up the tv, and shutting all the curtains (there went the sparkly night view we were enjoying), helped only slightly. We went to ask the front desk if we could change rooms, but they only had a non-view room available, and we looked forward to our view in the morning. The gentleman at the desk was very apologetic, and offered us a free breakfast. Luckily the event which was scheduled to run until midnight moved indoors around 10, and peace was restored. We did raid the pantry at 11 (Nice idea!), but had to listen once again to the dance music coming up into the lobby from the ballroom on the bottom floor. Enjoyed everything about the hotel-beautiful location, helpful staff, comfortable rooms, cozy reading areas with fireplaces, but probably would not stay again without checking out what might be happening in the event tent. It's a tough balance between big, noisy groups and overnight guests wanting to relax because it is a small property.

Room Tip: Check for events going on in the tent before booking if you want a view room. It can get noisy.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wanderlust087
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Hello wanderlust087,

Howard Jacobs reaching out from the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland Washington to say thank you for your feedback about your recent stay.

I am so thankful for your business and pleased the overall experience was a positive one. However, I do want to apologize for the Waterfront event that was occurring during your visit and am disappointed that the noise from that function negatively impacted your experience.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further as we want to continue to be your #1 choice among Lake Washington area Hotels. You can reach me direct at the Woodmark Hotel and in the interim wish you an excellent day.

Portland,OR
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We had met friends at the restaurants before, liking the location, but had never stayed at Woodmark. Thanks to a Groupon, we decided to stay. Loved that it allows dogs, as we usually don't travel without unless we fly. Very comfortable accomodations, enjoyed the open pantry and walks along the waterfront.

1 Thank milliePortland_OR
Hello milliePortland_OR - I am thrilled to have received your positive feedback about your recent stay about the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland, Washington.

Your positive comments about the overall experience made our day and I took the opportunity to read your input to our entire leadership team this morning.

We know you have so many choices when traveling to the East Seattle region and remain thankful for your patronage.

I look forward to welcoming you on a future visit to the Woodmark Hotel and in the interim wish you an excellent week!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Woodmark is one of those quiet and elegant places where service isn't in your face. You won't spend too much time at check in with small talk or a spiel about hotel amenities. Help yourself to complimentary hot cider and apples in the afternoon, or complimentary coffee and tea in the morning. It is more or less left for the guest to decide what to partake. Though I was offered champagne or water at check in, there were no tips about other amenities like the Raid the Pantry. I vaguely remembered reading about it but didn't think about it until now, well after check out. Sad.

Valet parking at $16 is convenient, but considering tips you may as well just self park. Especially if you are prone to forget something in your car that you have to go back for, just self park and save a few bucks. The walk from the garage isn't terribly far.

The waterfront room was comfortable but one can see why the Woodmark is choosing to undergo a renovation for the guest rooms. We visited here a decade ago and the rooms seem the same, while the hotel's common areas feel like they have been more recently updated. We were pleased with our bed and ordered a roll-away. It was almost as comfortable as our Queen bed.

The only complaint I have with our room is that a prior guest left their razor in the shower. Gross.

We chose the Woodmark for a staycation due to a Travelzoo promotion. Though the Edgewater in Seattle isn't quite as swanky as the Woodmark, I prefer their waterfront rooms.

While we did not eat at the hotel restaurant, we had a fantastic meal at Le Grand Bistro Americain (they only charge $5 for valet, something to note for future meals). For those who don't want to eat onsite, downtown Kirkland is a short car ride away.

Room Tip: The hotel only has 4 floors so ask for the highest floor, but not near the lawn if the event tent is...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LLori
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I booked our room online, a surprise for my husband for our anniversary. I ordered chocolate covered strawberries. I checked in just before 4 pm. As other reviewers had said I was offered champagne or water. I was offered self parking for $13 or valet for $16. I chose the self parking in the adjacent garage. I was told to show the attendant the parking pass when we came and left. I expected the strawberries to be delivered after I checked in. I left to go meet my husband for dinner. We arrived around 9 pm. No strawberries. When we checked out, we were told there was a discount for breakfast if we ate at the Beach Cafe and billed it to our room. We were not told that when I checked in and we had already eaten breakfast at the Beach Cafe and charged it to our Visa. They were unable to apply the discount. They asked if we got our strawberries. When I said no. I was told they abruptly lost one of their room service staff and that is why we did not get them. Excuse me, but is that not what managers are for? To fill in when short on staff? I paid a premium price for the room, planned on the chocolate covered strawberries for a special occasion and was not provided them. I was not charged for them. While appreciate the sincere apology by the desk clerk for both the strawberries and the breakfast discount issue, it did not leave a good impression. Lastly, we paid for parking. Not once was there a parking attendant. We entered the garage, took a ticket to get in, and when we left, the gate was up and no attendant was present. $13 down the drain. To the Hotel's credit, the rooms and view were very nice. They have a choice of pillows if you are awake enough to see that notice in your room when you check in. It would have been nice to have been asked about our choice of pillows when we checked in. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom lighting was really great for putting on makeup. Our room had a nice wet bar, snacks for purchase and my favorite, a Keurig coffee maker with Tully's coffee pods. The hotel does not have a pool or a hot tub. There is a lounge but no live music or dance floor. The bathtub in our room was not big enough for two. It was a soaking tub but not really long enough to stretch out in (I am only 5'4" tall) if you laying down with the water at your neck. There was both a rain shower and a hand held shower in the bathroom, and a working fan in the bathroom. The AC/Heating was fairly quiet. I loved having the IHome in the room so we could play music from my Iphone. I would have rated this hotel 5 stars if it were not for the service issues and paying for parking when payment was not necessary.

Room Tip: Request a water view room on the top floor for the best view and the most quiet. If you are a coupl...
3 Thank Mel R
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Hello Mel R,

Howard Jacobs touching base from the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland Washington to say thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay via Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read that many attributes of the visit went well but was concerned that the amenity upon arrival, breakfast offering and parking were less than positive.

Your patronage is incredibly important to our success. To this end, I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further and remain thankful for your business.

Feel free to reach me directly at the Woodmark Hotel and in the interim thank you again for your input.

British Columbia
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We were visiting Seattle and wanted a different experience to a Downtown location. The woodmark did not disappoint. Located on Lake Washington, it is easily accessible to both Downtown Bellevue and Downtown Seattle. But Carillon Point also offers a complete range of services and restaurants if you want to relax and stay closer to the hotel.
Staff are exceptional.
Beatiful waterfront property in a mixed use area. Always felt safe and comfortable.

1 Thank The_Walrus2
Vancouver
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is a beautiful place for so many reasons. The scenery as well as being right on the water. From where I sat at one point in the room, felt like you were actually on the water. The reception was wonderful and everyone friendly and helpful. Did not get champagne as only one person was on the desk and had a very long conversation with a booking, however kindly found the moment to take care of us when we arrived. Accommodations looked lovely, however the beds weren't quite as comfortable as they looked, friend said her bed was a little lumpy. I thought it would be good upon sitting on it, but was too firm for my liking. They did offer 3 different types of pillows, however the memory foam one I pick was just ok. Also at night heard a fan or something that sounded like it was from the room below, and on the first night could hear the people upstairs. So that was the worst of it, so not awful, just not as comfy as I would have wished it to be. I really did like the surroundings and the proximity to Seattle and Kirkland and of course the lake. Would I go again, maybe would ask first if they had a foam to put on the bed and bring my own pillow as my friend did. A very beautiful resort and fantastic staff.. they also allow dogs,and have a very sweet reception dog that like to get hugs and play ball!

Room Tip: Lakeside as far as I am concerned is the best, view is great, even with the fog we had to look at
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you Deedums_d for your feedback regarding your stay at the Woodmark Hotel on Lake Washington.

As the Hotel's General Manager I am so thankful for your comments and patronage and will certainly share the positive thoughts with our team of professionals.

I was however concerned about the sleep experience and noise in your guest room as this aspect of your Woodmark visit should be flawless. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further in this regard and in the interim am working with our Housekeeping leaders to make the necessary modifications to this room asap.

I want to thank you again for your input and look forward to serving you again at our Kirkland Washington Hotel in the near future.

Howard Jacobs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
#1 of 29 in Bellevue
Downtown
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
#4 of 101 in Seattle
Grand Hyatt Seattle
#6 of 101 in Seattle

Been to Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa? Share your experiences!