“Amazing service”

Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I was really impressed with the staff and service at the hotel. We were greeted with champagne. when we arrived. On our way to the gym, one of the staff members offered us bottled water. The raid the pantry every night was a delight with free soup, sandwiches, cereal, juice/soda, and granola bars. The only downside is that you really should get there at 11 PM sharp because they run out of sandwiches and juice rather quickly. I also liked the assortment of hot tea they had, as well as the hot apple cider. The rooms were clean, but a bigger tub would have been nice. We had a living social and really enjoyed our stay. Not sure I would stay here again for the regular rate though (it is pretty expensive and I tend to be on the cheap side). The view of the water is gorgeous. While we did not stay on that side of the hotel, I think it is probably worth the upgrade as others have suggested. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and were extremely impressed with the staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Great staff! Service and room were exceptional. I'd recommend it for work AND play! And there's a Starbucks across the way. We have no pets, but we enjoy the pet friendly atmosphere. The room overlooking the Marina was inviting from the minute I walked into it!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Marina, of course!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Hello Laurie P - Howard Jacobs reaching out from the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland, Washington to say thank you for the excellent feedback.

What a pleasure to read your comments this afternoon and I look forward to sharing the input with our team of dedicated professionals tomorrow.

I remind myself everyday how many choices our guests have when traveling to the East Seattle area and remain very thankful to be your Hotel of choice.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future and in the interim wish you an excellent day!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The foyer is so utterly lovely in a very understated 'designer boutique' way. I loved it! Meg is obviously a star ;-)

The staff could not do enough for you and the rooms are elegant and very comfortable indeed!!

Service at breakfast did leave a bit to be desired - it took an hour for 8 of us to be served, but the food was yummy.

Views stunning and would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gillie270361
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We found this hotel through an internet offer; we were so pleasantly surprised!

We were welcomed with sparkling wine, a $60 voucher for hotel meals or the spa, spacious clean and elegant rooms, and top of the line service.

There are free kayak and bicycle rentals, it is very scenic with lake views, free late-night snaks, upscale, classy, and absolutely no catch.

I WILL make this place my pied à terre next time I'm in Seattle; it is just far enough from downtown to avoid the traffic and close enough to the university district and other interesting neighborhoods.

What a find!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Alla-Rustica
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Hello Alla - Rustica,

What a terrific way to start the week at the Woodmark Hotel by reading your excellent feedback about your recent stay with us!

We are thankful to have had you as our guest at our Lake Washington property and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

In the interim I have shared your comments with our dedicated team and it truly made their day.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

This was a fantastic hotel. The staff was top of the line. Jeff was there as soon as anything was requested. Davis took me on a tour of the property the next day, and was very informative. The one down side.. No pool or hot tub... The rooms were so nice and inviting. It is also great that they are pet friendly. I booked this hotel with my LaQuinta Inn & Suites return points. I'm so glad I found it online... Thanks for all your hard work!!

Room Tip: This is a wonderful hotel to stay at. Especially if you have pets!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Our kids gave us a night here for our joint birthdays. Friendly staff at check-in, and hot cider to warm us on a cool, windy afternoon. Lovely room overlooking the lake (even with a discounted rate). We looked forward to dinner out and a quiet evening enjoying our room. Unfortunately there was a large group in the event tent right under our window. The microphone brought the host's voice right into our room, the beat of the music was constant, and the cheers from the crowd made us feel like we were sitting at a sporting event. Turning up the tv, and shutting all the curtains (there went the sparkly night view we were enjoying), helped only slightly. We went to ask the front desk if we could change rooms, but they only had a non-view room available, and we looked forward to our view in the morning. The gentleman at the desk was very apologetic, and offered us a free breakfast. Luckily the event which was scheduled to run until midnight moved indoors around 10, and peace was restored. We did raid the pantry at 11 (Nice idea!), but had to listen once again to the dance music coming up into the lobby from the ballroom on the bottom floor. Enjoyed everything about the hotel-beautiful location, helpful staff, comfortable rooms, cozy reading areas with fireplaces, but probably would not stay again without checking out what might be happening in the event tent. It's a tough balance between big, noisy groups and overnight guests wanting to relax because it is a small property.

Room Tip: Check for events going on in the tent before booking if you want a view room. It can get noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wanderlust087
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Hello wanderlust087,

Howard Jacobs reaching out from the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland Washington to say thank you for your feedback about your recent stay.

I am so thankful for your business and pleased the overall experience was a positive one. However, I do want to apologize for the Waterfront event that was occurring during your visit and am disappointed that the noise from that function negatively impacted your experience.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further as we want to continue to be your #1 choice among Lake Washington area Hotels. You can reach me direct at the Woodmark Hotel and in the interim wish you an excellent day.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We had met friends at the restaurants before, liking the location, but had never stayed at Woodmark. Thanks to a Groupon, we decided to stay. Loved that it allows dogs, as we usually don't travel without unless we fly. Very comfortable accomodations, enjoyed the open pantry and walks along the waterfront.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank milliePortland_OR

Hello milliePortland_OR - I am thrilled to have received your positive feedback about your recent stay about the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland, Washington.

Your positive comments about the overall experience made our day and I took the opportunity to read your input to our entire leadership team this morning.

We know you have so many choices when traveling to the East Seattle region and remain thankful for your patronage.

I look forward to welcoming you on a future visit to the Woodmark Hotel and in the interim wish you an excellent week!

Howard Jacobs

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
#1 of 29 in Bellevue
Inn at the Market
#1 of 103 in Seattle
Downtown
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
#4 of 103 in Seattle

Been to Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa? Share your experiences!