“great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
San Francisco, California
“great place to stay”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have stayed here before so this was a return visit and I was very impressed. the front desk very friendly and accommodating. I really want to acknowledge the bellman " Mathew" he was great. took a group of us out and dropped us off for dinner and then when we finished he was waiting for us with a smile. outstanding young man. room was very clean. my only complaint would be I'm not a fan of the pump bottles of soap and shampoo. they don't work all that well and once in the public restroom I was splashed with soap. but that aside this is a great place to stay. looking forward to my next trip there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Hello Bill P and what a pleasure to read your post on Trip Advisor today about your Woodmark Hotel experience in Kirkland, WA.

I want to apologize in advance for reaching out on a Sunday evening but felt it imperative to express our appreciation about your feedback in real time.

I look forward to sharing your input with our team of dedicated individuals tomorrow and have already begun a review with our Housekeeping leadership to insure all of our pump systems on our guest amenities are in excellent working order.

Thank you again and have an excellent evening.

Howard Jacobs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Williamsburg
Reviewed 8 August 2014

One of the most beautiful hotels we have ever stayed at!! The staff was outstanding!
Loved that they had bikes/kayaks to use.....parked the car and never needed it again until we left!
The coffee /waters in the lobby was such a nice welcome!!
The town had so much to see and do........we will be back for sure!!

Room Tip: Ask for water view!
Kingston, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The Woodmark was one of the most pleasurable hotel stays we have experienced in a long time. The property is located on the edge of Lake Washington and the views are spectacular. Sunset on the water was beautiful.
The room we had overlooked the courtyard and lake and we were treated to the beauty and love of a wonderful wedding reception. The laughter and animated conversations were fun and though not invited, we felt like we shared in the joyous occasion.
The room and facility are excellent, well maintained with a staff that is top notch. You are immediately made to feel welcome and every question or need you have is handled quickly and courteously. The staff makes you feel that they really are glad to see you and that you choose to let them serve you.
This is an excellent facility and you will enjoy your stay. Don't forget to take time for coffee on the Beach Café deck. It will recharge your batteries!!!!!

Room Tip: A room facing the water is a must. The view is outstanding
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Howard from the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland WA reaching out to Richard C to express our appreciation for your positive comments on Trip Advisor.

We are so thankful for your patronage and didn't want this week to conclude without touching base on your kind input about our Lake Washington Hotel.

We look forward to seeing you on a future visit to the Seattle area and in the interim wish you an excellent weekend.

San Jose, California
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This hotel is just beautiful! The staff is engaging and warm. Upon my arrival I felt so welcomed and was offered a glass of champagne. Much needed after a long flight and a late arrival. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: You need a room facing the water. So peaceful.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hello Alicia S - Howard from the Kirkland Washington based Woodmark Hotel reaching out to say thank you for your positive post to Trip Advisor.

What a pleasure to read about your experience today and enjoyed sharing the input with our team of dedicated individuals.

We hope to see you again on a future visit but in the interim felt it imperative to touch base and share our thanks for your kind comments.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I travel to Bellevue for work every couple of months and always stay at the Woodmark. The rooms are beautiful (love the Molton Brown products!) and the bed oh so comfy. The staff are great and I love petting Meg in the lobby (the resident black lab!). I would recommend a lake view since the non-lake views are pretty much nothing except the road or neighboring building. It really is a great hotel and I look forward to my next trip back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TexasBrit29
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Howard from the Woodmark in Kirkland with a quick reach out to TexasBrit29 to express our thanks for your positive feedback on Trip Advisor.

We are so thankful for your patronage and didn't want to allow this Friday to pass without expressing our apprecation for your input on our Lake Washington Hotel.

I personally look forward to welcoming you on a return visit to our property and in the interim want to wish you an excellent weekend.

Ipswich
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Woodmark for six nights in July and left very pleased. Our room was a very spacious king-size with glorious views of Lake Washington. The bed was ridiculously comfortable and the showers in the oversized bathroom even better. I loved the full-size bath products, and the kids who handled the valet parking were very sweet. We had an issue with our bathroom the first morning, and I was impressed that the hotel manager arrived within minutes to address the matter. We opted to stay on the outskirts of Seattle and Kirkland turned out to be a very nice location.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a balcony facing the lake. Sunsets are spectacular.
1 Thank Lisa A
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I just recently stay here, and though the location is beautiful and the staff was very nice, I would not come. We stayed in the Kirkland suite (because it had a pull out couch so it could accommodate 4). The cost of my room was over 800 for 2 nights and the pull out couch was so uncomfortable that we couldn't even sleep on it. We had to put the very very thin mattress on the floor, which was slightly better, but for over $800 I expected much more. If they are charging those prices they should be able to afford a decent pull out couch for their suites!

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank KassiLe2
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hello KassiLe2 - Howard from the Woodmark touching base to thank you for your input on Trip Advisor specific to your recent visit with us.

We are so thankful for your patronage and understand you have many choices among Hotel's in the East Seattle area.

I was disappointed to learn however that your visit was less than positive specific to the quality of the sofa bed sleep experience and wanted to reach out directly in this regard.

Your schedule permitting I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further and can be reached directly at the Woodmark's main #.

I look forward to our discussion and in the interim want to wish you an excellent week as well.

Howard Jacobs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
#1 of 29 in Bellevue
Downtown
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
#4 of 101 in Seattle
Grand Hyatt Seattle
#6 of 101 in Seattle

Been to Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa? Share your experiences!