“A New Year's Eve to Remember”

Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Edmonds, Washington
“A New Year's Eve to Remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2011

What a lovely hotel. Champagne and a red rose at check in. A beautiful room with a lake view and all the ameneties including New Year's Eve party hats and noise makers. A "raid our pantry" opportunity in the late evening and comfortable seating for game playing in front of the fire place, and I can't forget cute Woody the house dog.
We loved it and will definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2010

Right from the time you pull in to the driveway to the time you pull out, everything is perfect.
The attentiveness to detail, the jolly and smiling nature of each of the staff members is something unseen so far in all the travels over the last 20 years by our family.

As an example, the kids didn't feel like going out for dinner so we got takeout for the entire family, and when we were walking back in, the valet casually asked eating in ? And we said yes the kids didn't feel like going out, and he said can I send across some plates and silverware and we said sure, by the time we reached our room the plates were there already.

Anything that you would want is there or all you had to do was think about it and it would be there.

We would definitely come back here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed December 2010
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

What a nice overnight stay for my husband and I! The lobby was all decorated for the season with a great fire going in the fireplace. Our room was lovely and cozy and had a great view of lake washington. We had dinner at the restaurant on the property - bin on the lake - and had a fabulous meal. Everything was so tasty! I would definitely love to come back here!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

Never have I had a better business stay in resort. The service is unmatched, the rooms beautiful with amazing views and incredible bedding. The Bin restaurant is wonderful, don't miss the Happy Hour. Even the soap is great. I will not stay anywhere else on my returns to WA.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2010

I consider myself the kind of guy who doesn't care about hotels when I travel on business. If they have broadband Internet and no broken windows, it's OK by me.

The Woodmark has made me rethink that position.

Situated on the edge of Lake Washington, the Woodmark offers beautiful views. More than that, you can hear the waves lapping at the shore if you leave your windows open. The staff is outstanding (not just Woody, the dog). Every single staffer whom I met displayed great cheer and a can-do attitude. They offer assistance at every turn and made it seem like their exclusive pleasure.

My only complaint is that they don't have a swimming pool.

I can't recommend this place enough for anyone traveling to the Kirkland-Bellevue area.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

Great Place, quiet, close to Bellevue and surrounding area, good restaurant and excellent service from the staff

Similar hotel are priced much higher

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

Over the years, I have relied on reviews from Trip Advisor and have only been disappointed once. And in return, I always give my honest opinions to help others make their hotel decisions. In all of my reviews, I have never given 5 stars, but I am happy to say that the Woodmark deserves my highest rating.

My husband, dog and I had 3 fantastic nights in mid-September. Although we had mostly rain during our stay, the area and hotel were amazingly beautiful. (If I wanted to live in the Seattle area, I would move in a heartbeat to Kirkland) We arrived from 12 nights in other luxury hotels and the Woodmark blew us away. The staff is probably the most friendly we have ever encountered at a hotel. Each day someone would help me with driving directions and/or information for our sightseeing. By the end of our stay, the valets knew our car and the front desk knew us by name. The hotel was full with marathon guests as well as several wedding parties but we were never bothered by noise. In fact there was a catered party a few doors from our room but inside of our room, we never heard one sound. The room itself has ever amenity possible from the dual shower heads to the lighted magnifiying makeup mirror. We were especially impressed with Kirkland. When planning the trip, we considered staying downtown Seattle but were concerned that we could have difficulty finding grass for our dog (the Woodmark is situated on Lake Washington, surrounded by grass, overlooking the marina). The drive from downtown Seattle to the hotel is not more than 20 minutes (at non traffic hours). We would highly recommend a ferry ride to Bainbridge. The Seattle skyline from the ferry is so impressive. It's definitely worth the short drive to get away from the downtown. Kirkland is an upscale community with great little boutique shops and interesting restaurants. We really enjoyed the Purple Wine Bar but were not impressed with Cactus (it's definitely THE place to be but none of us enjoyed our meals). Our goldendoodle especially loved meeting little Woody (the mini doodle who lives in the lobby). Our 4000 miles roadtrip included get destinations and fantastic hotels, but our No. 1 favorite hotel was the Woodmark!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Inn at the Market
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
#4 of 100 in Seattle
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,973 reviews

Been to Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa? Share your experiences!