“Good Food, Spotty Service”
Review of The Big Fish Grill

The Big Fish Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Big Fish Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 273 Restaurants in Kirkland
Price range: US$25 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We've been to this place a couple times over the past 8 months. The food generally is pretty good. Service is a roll of the dice. Most recently, I had the the Grilled Prawns-they were FANTASTIC! Our waiter was pretty clueless, and it appeared they were understaffed-on a Friday evening! This was our second experience with a sub-par wait staff, and it also took quite a while for the food to arrive. Again, though, I can't say enough about the Grilled Prawns.

1  Thank Zeppy123
There are newer reviews for The Big Fish Grill

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I brought a small group of friends here, very close to our hotel and it sounded good. frankly I was unimpressed. no one in the group was excited about the food, nothing bad, but nothing great. service was ok. I don't think I would bother going again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

AI ate at this resturant three nights in a row and had some different each night which I enjoyed. Nice happy hour with a good happy hour menue with just the right amount of food.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

If this isn't the best clam chowder I've ever had, it's close! I'm here at happy hour at a table and it's tough getting something to drink - one beer in 30 minutes :). The food is worth it though. Very good Halibut and reasonable prices. Might just be my server... Second server is taking care of me

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Service was very good but the main entree was poor, so I am rating GOOD overall.

Happy Hour in the bar was good. Chicken tenders and onion rings were not bad as was the beer. On the other hand, the Wild Salmon we ordered tasted like it was basted in salt, cooked in salt water and with a side of salt. We sent it back (very rare for us). The replacement was no different, and like the first, heavily overcooked, dry, and charred. The third time we received it with no salt or seasoning added whatsoever. Finally! We could actually taste the fish. But unfortunately, it too was overcooked and dry.

There were a lot of elderly dining there and to be honest, I've noticed that when this is the case, the food tends to be VERY SALTY across the board (possibly to make up for the lack of taste buds as we age).

The management gave us a 40% discount on our meal to make up for it, but when they rang up our check it was for the full amount. I brought it to their attention and they remedied it right away. All in all, there were three mistakes made during our first visit there.