“Upscale, healthy southwestern restaurant. Pet Friendly outdoor dining.”
Review of Cactus Restaurant

Cactus Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 282 Restaurants in Kirkland
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This is a quality, creative and healthy South American dining experience. I like to eat healthy so, I am not a big fan of the typical Northern Mexican food. This restaurant offers a variety of creative Southwestern dishes. The food, service and atmosphere are outstanding.

I live in Kirkland and 95% of my social circle have pampered pooches. This wonderful restaurant is smart to offer dog friendly outdoor seating. Kirkland, like most upscale towns have a lot of people who love to spend time with their pampered, well-behaved dogs. Kirkland was named as one of the most dog friendly towns in America.

1  Thank Bellaadventure

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

So nice to have mexican food that is different from the everyday mexican restaurant food. Great menu with lots of different uncommon items to choose from. Great drinks. Only downfall was it was a little pricey but worth it for good southwetern flavored food.

1  Thank Washingtoncowgirl
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We went to Cactus for happy hour (3-6pm) on a Thursday. We sat outside in the sidewalk seating and the heaters were on as it was a cool day.

For beverages, we had mojitos and margaritas. Both were well done.

The food we shared off the Happy Hour menu was amazine. Hands down favorite was the Camarones d'El Diablo (crispy white Mexican prawns, spicy Diablo sauce, coriander–pasilla verduras escabeche, mango–pineapple mojo).

We also tried the Spicy Ahi Tacos (my #2), the Mexican Street Tacos and the Ceviche Tostados (my husbands #2). Food was excellent.

I would highly recommend this restaurant. If you are going for happy hour, arrive before 4pm to get a seat in the bar.

The Cactus is located on a side street in downtown Kirkland that is home to restaurants, shops and art galleries.

1  Thank Laurie C
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Mexicans not my Favorie cuisine, but once the brought out the guacamole, salsa and chips, I was in love. Add to that an unusual but simply delicious Butternut Squash Enchiladas --
corn tortillas with Jack and goat cheeses, sautéed spinach, roasted butternut squash, caramelized onions, mole rojo, guacamole.. Yummy! Would definitely go back next time I'm in Kirkland or Bellevue.

1  Thank Jane W
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Seldom have I seen a Mexican restaurant with a gluten free menu - great options! Food was good, service excellent, nice patio area.

1  Thank Scotlandtravels